From The Keys to The Kingdom live

Last night we ate at Chilis, went into Epcot to exchange our AP's for new plastic passes which are compatible the new turstiles. Nice little area they have some displays of Disney memorabilia, Matt took photo's and video. We then walked around the world enjoying a drink each, watched the fireworks and back to the hotel.

Today into MK, very busy and hot, temp in car was showing 87. Lunched at Harbor House, saw the new Rapunzel tower and toilet area, Matt went into New Fantasyland for the first time (we saw it in Nov)

Left mid afternoon to goto the Disney outlet store, I got 2 Polo shirts and a sweater, marked up at $140, paid $40 for all 3.:goodvibes

Relaxing now before meal, Publix & DTD.

Read in Matt's blog about the parking fee. Bet that made check in a less than desirable experience .

Hope you enjoy the break away from driving and the remainder of your trip at WDW :)

Read in Matt's blog about the parking fee. Bet that made check in a less than desirable experience .

Hope you enjoy the break away from driving and the remainder of your trip at WDW :)

Wasn't the best check in, I was very surprised she didn't get the manager I complained so much. I am usually one for biting my tongue and writing/emailing afterwards but I made my feelings very clear yesterday.

Wasn't the best check in, I was very surprised she didn't get the manager I complained so much. I am usually one for biting my tongue and writing/emailing afterwards but I made my feelings very clear yesterday.

I wonder why they are doing this, did the explain the rationale?

Sure you'll be successful in finding somewhere else you like as much without the onerous charges.

I'm at Hilton Head now (Marriott, not Disney) and the temps up here are far more moderate. Probably mid 70s and lovely in the sun but a big drop in temps for the evening/morning. Before we left Orlando on Saturday morning we had breakfast in Denny's by the airport at about 6.30 am, and we remarked that it was warmer in early January this year. Glad it's bucked up a bit :)

Been busy but hope to catch up with Matt's blog tonight :goodvibes

I can only assume they are trying a new business plan, been looking for August and they are doing rates at $59 + tax/night which is almost as cheap as anywhere. To me it looks like they are trying to cut out the agents and get people to book direct. I did a dummy booking and didn't see the parking fee, I only saw it by opening the fact sheet. Maybe they hope to attract direct bookers at the low rate then increase the rate by a backdoor parking fee.
Going to have to do a little research for August, we are torn just now, Karen would rather stay LBV in cheaper rooms, I would rather have a nicer room and travel a little(extra 10 mins) I keep seeing http://www.rosenshinglecreek.com/ at under £55/nt incl parking and internet. Lots of choice and lots of time yet.

I wonder why they are doing this, did the explain the rationale?

Sure you'll be successful in finding somewhere else you like as much without the onerous charges.

I'm at Hilton Head now (Marriott, not Disney) and the temps up here are far more moderate. Probably mid 70s and lovely in the sun but a big drop in temps for the evening/morning. Before we left Orlando on Saturday morning we had breakfast in Denny's by the airport at about 6.30 am, and we remarked that it was warmer in early January this year. Glad it's bucked up a bit :)

Been busy but hope to catch up with Matt's blog tonight :goodvibes

Sounds like you are having a great time!

Can't wait to see more of the new Fantasyland expansion!

Walking around Epcot with a drink is one of my fave things to do, I love it there!

Last night we ate at Logans Roadhouse, great server, well worth her 20%+ tip.
Huge meals as always, couldn't eat dessert, $44 for all 3 of us with $5 nut-e-club voucher (I thought it was $10 but thats Mimis tonight)
Onto DTD, quietest I have seen for a few years, really nice to walk about without being pushed and shoved, totally dislike World of Disney because of the crowds but last night was a pleasure to browse.
Off to the Studios now:goodvibes

I can feel the jump in your step now you're back in your old stomping ground, we don't like Fort Myers either TBH, but Naples we like...only ever stayed in very nice hotels there and at the end of a trip after hectic Orlando it's very relaxing to gaze at Dolphins from your balcony..

Naughty about the $5 charge, hardly seems worth the effort/fight to p*** off customers when they could simply put the room rate up by $5 and then noone would know?

off to peek at the blog now...:thumbsup2

Were of to Disney`s Aulani Hawaii in aug and parking fee is $35 per day!!! lucky for is we don't have to pay as in DVC but would baulk at paying $490 for the 2 weeks we are staying,
Stayed at Hard rock years ago and had to pay when there, thought that was a rip off,
Paul

Try staying at the Swan or the Dolphin. They add a resort fee of $14 and then $15 for parking.

There seem to be fewer and fewer hotels in Orlando now that don't charge some sort of resort fee or parking charge. It really annoys me too!

Really enjoying the trip report!

We fly into Miami in October so great to read about the experiences from Miami Airport.
We are also trying to decide on a hotel for the night we land and we are now swaying towards staying at the airport to avoid driving late in the evening.

Matthews blog is a great read too!

Try staying at the Swan or the Dolphin. They add a resort fee of $14 and then $15 for parking.

There seem to be fewer and fewer hotels in Orlando now that don't charge some sort of resort fee or parking charge. It really annoys me too!

I had chance to stay at the Swan or Dolphin for a rate of $69, crazy low price but wasn't paying $29/nt for the extras, I just can't understand why they don't give a final price, as soon as I see parking fees and resort fees I don't look any further. Its the main reason that has kept us coming back to the Marriott Village, all inclusive price for room, internet, breakfast & parking.
Personally I would rather they charged $5\room for breakfast instead of parking, been here 2 mornings and still not had one.

I had chance to stay at the Swan or Dolphin for a rate of $69, crazy low price but wasn't paying $29/nt for the extras, I just can't understand why they don't give a final price, as soon as I see parking fees and resort fees I don't look any further. Its the main reason that has kept us coming back to the Marriott Village, all inclusive price for room, internet, breakfast & parking.
Personally I would rather they charged $5\room for breakfast instead of parking, been here 2 mornings and still not had one.

Agreed. Resort fees just irritate me. I would rather know what the price is full stop. Not all this add this in per day, then slap tax on that.

It's a bit like booking no frills airlines. You see a fantastic price then add £4 to book the seat, £25 for a bag and the cheeky monkeys have the cheek to charge you more money (card fees) to take your money. What is that about?!? Oh yes, please let me pay you so you can take my money! I don't think so!!!

Good day in the Studios, walk on for ToT and RnRC. Got fast passes for TSM to use at 12:15. Watched LMA.
Saw something today we have never seen in all the years we have been coming. While in LMA there were Lovebugs everywhere, myself and a boy sat next to me killed about 15 between us, there were 1000's, they followed us right to the exit. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lovebug I have heard about them but this was the first time we have been pestered by them.
Meal this evening was at Mimi's Cafe to use a $10 voucher they sent me. Their Jambalaya is so good. 3 entrees, 3 cokes & 1 dessert came to $44.
Onto DTD Westside, great temps for a walk, sat opposite Raglan road for about half hour listening to the live Irish music. Back in room relaxing with a few vodka & cokes.
Tomorrow MK again & DISmeet.

wayneg said:
Last night we ate at Logans Roadhouse, great server, well worth her 20%+ tip.
Huge meals as always, couldn't eat dessert, $44 for all 3 of us with $5 nut-e-club voucher (I thought it was $10 but thats Mimis tonight)
Onto DTD, quietest I have seen for a few years, really nice to walk about without being pushed and shoved, totally dislike World of Disney because of the crowds but last night was a pleasure to browse.
Off to the Studios now:goodvibes

Can't wait to be back in The World of Disney store. I went a bit mad in there when I last went in 2005, I bought a PalMickey and all sorts. Glad you enjoyed your browse and are having a great holiday. 132 days till I'll be in Disney :)

Hi Wayne and co, sounds like you're having a fantastic time:) nice to hear things aren't crowded too:goodvibes

OK, we have stayed at Rosen Shingle Creek and it's a lovely hotel, quite upscale, large rooms, great area down near the pools to buy a snack for breakfast, from memory it even had a Haagen Daaz shop down there, we paid $69 per night for it back in 2009, and had to pay for internet at $9.99 (I think we had free valet thrown in), so if you can get the rate of £50 ish incl parking and internet I'd jump at it...some details...it's opposite a Publix, really handy for the 528 back to the airport, we go down Palm Pkwy to Disney when we're staying in that area, it's close to SW/US/IoA etc. Perhaps do a split stay to see if you like the area:confused3:

Seen others talk about Lovebugs and when I googled it did not like the sound of them at all.
Hopefully they will not plague to much for the rest of the holiday.

Congratulations to Karen on being the high scorer at TSM :goodvibes

Saw something today we have never seen in all the years we have been coming. While in LMA there were Lovebugs everywhere, myself and a boy sat next to me killed about 15 between us, there were 1000's, they followed us right to the exit. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lovebug I have heard about them but this was the first time we have been pestered by them.

Hate, hate, hate the lovebugs! It's an unfortunate downside to going at this time of year. The mess they make of the cars is pretty dreadful too.

Please keep killing them all wherever you go and ensure there's none left when we arrive in two week's time! Thank you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter