From The Keys to The Kingdom live

I am so enjoying your posts Wayne ... they are actually warming me up as we freeze with temps of -1 here in London this morning.

I've made Josh read Matt's blog as the one thing he really needs to improve on is his written English ....... no problem at all with verbal English :lmao::lmao: Please say "thanks" to Matt from me :goodvibes

Yesterday was a cooler day especially in the morning but still well above -1:goodvibes
Karen has just woke Matt at 7:15am to tell him he has some typos, so anyone thats read it before corrections this did not happen "dropped Mum off by the bear":rotfl2:

Yesterday was a cooler day especially in the morning but still well above -1:goodvibes
Karen has just woke Matt at 7:15am to tell him he has some typos, so anyone thats read it before corrections this did not happen "dropped Mum off by the bear":rotfl2:

We've been wondering what the bear was! :rotfl::rotfl:

Glad you're having such a good time. Sanibel and Captiva are two of the most beautiful islands/ places we have ever visited. We too were a little disappointed with Naples when we visited although we'd happily go again.

Thoroughly enjoying the journey, Wayne, helped by Matts blog:thumbsup2 Hope you enjoy the beach at Longboat Key/Anna Maria island...the sand bar is amazing there if you dip your toes in the water:)

Thoroughly enjoying the journey, Wayne, helped by Matts blog:thumbsup2 Hope you enjoy the beach at Longboat Key/Anna Maria island...the sand bar is amazing there if you dip your toes in the water:)

Hi Ruth.
Unfortunately we didn't get there. This morning we set off in good time to do what we had planned but we got as far as Venice, Caspersen beach mainly https://www.scgov.net/beaches/Pages/Caspersen.aspx
Bought a sifter and spent about 2 hours in the rock pools sifting sand for shark teeth. Even with sun cream on after over 2 hours out there our skin started to feel the sun, we had really enjoyed the day, now about 2pm our choice was continue with another beach or get upto Orlando and go for a meal with Luke and family. We decided there was enough for us to do around this area for another trip so end our roadtrip on a high and get out of the sun.
Apart from Naples and Fort Myers we have enjoyed every part of our roadtrip, I wasn't too sure about doing it but glad I did.
Checked into the Clarion LBV now, we stayed here a few years back and really disliked the place, since then the rooms have been renovated so decided to try again (free using airmiles) Yes the rooms are cleaner but still not our sort of place, glad its only one night. Internet is not great, keeps coming and going, dark rooms, seal around the bath & shower looks like its been done by a 10 year old, small beds. Its clean (and free) but won't be rushing back. Check into the Fairfield tomorrow for our last 8 nights.
Had meal a Cheesecake Factory this evening with Luke, Paula & Joseph, Great meal as always. Good to see Luke & Paula again(and Joseph for the first time).

Hi Ruth.

Had meal a Cheesecake Factory this evening with Luke, Paula & Joseph, Great meal as always. Good to see Luke & Paula again(and Joseph for the first time).

Mmmmm Cheesecake Factory - one of our favourites. :thumbsup2 Pleased to hear they're keeping their standards up for our visit in July. ::yes::

Excellent Road Trip Wayne. Thanks as always for sharing.

Mrs TT

Thanks for the road trip updates. Appreciate you sharing the good and not so good places on your road trip :)

Good to see you guys too :)

:goodvibes

Never expected it to be this tiring, still not settled down this evening and we want to be up for free breakfast tomorrow and get off again. Themeparks next week will be so relaxing:rotfl2:

will pretend i have not read this:scratchin lalala ( still telling dh it wont be too bad a drive !! )

I've been enjoying following along with Matt's blog.

We have stayed in the travelodge next to the sonnys bbq you went to at homestead a few times.

Glad you enjoyed the keys - we will be back when DD is older.

will pretend i have not read this:scratchin lalala ( still telling dh it wont be too bad a drive !! )

We actually mentioned you on the journey from Key West to the everglades, joking aside it is a heck of a drive from KW to the everglades, even for adults, its not a journey I would want to do with children, make sure you have plenty to keep them occupied. I don't know your exact route but that day I did about 7 hours driving.

This morning we left the Clarion LBV, glad it was the last change of hotel, this morning seemed to take twice as long as any other this trip, even skipped the free breakfast to save time. Into AK for about 10am, not too busy, used fastpasses for Safari & Dinosaur. Watched Flights of Wonder & Lion King, regular line for Primeval Whirl said 10 mins but took about 5-6.
Left at exactly 3pm (leaving car park) by 4pm we had checked into the Fairfield Inn LBV and unpacked 3 cases. would have done it in 45 mins if Matt hadn't spent 15 mins wandering round the hotel looking for our room. Turned out to be right where I parked, no idea how he missed it.:rotfl:

When I checked in they tried telling me it would be $5/nt parking, I told them I stay often and never been charged before, I had a prepaid rate and not been told about it. She waived it this time but said it had just been introduced this weekend. I told her I am looking for somewhere for 25 nights in August but I will be looking elsewhere, I am not paying $125 for parking when there are enough hotels elsewhere that don't charge. An email will be going off whem I return home.

Out for food soon then deciding if we are going into Epcot to see fireworks this evening.

Agree about the drive from key west to Naples. Have done it in one day (well DH did all driving) when just the two of us but wouldn't attempt it until DD who is 7 is older.

Glad you are settled in to your last hotel- agree trying to charge for parking is cheeky.

We actually mentioned you on the journey from Key West to the everglades, joking aside it is a heck of a drive from KW to the everglades, even for adults, its not a journey I would want to do with children, make sure you have plenty to keep them occupied. I don't know your exact route but that day I did about 7 hours driving.

This morning we left the Clarion LBV, glad it was the last change of hotel, this morning seemed to take twice as long as any other this trip, even skipped the free breakfast to save time. Into AK for about 10am, not too busy, used fastpasses for Safari & Dinosaur. Watched Flights of Wonder & Lion King, regular line for Primeval Whirl said 10 mins but took about 5-6.
Left at exactly 3pm (leaving car park) by 4pm we had checked into the Fairfield Inn LBV and unpacked 3 cases. would have done it in 45 mins if Matt hadn't spent 15 mins wandering round the hotel looking for our room. Turned out to be right where I parked, no idea how he missed it.:rotfl:

When I checked in they tried telling me it would be $5/nt parking, I told them I stay often and never been charged before, I had a prepaid rate and not been told about it. She waived it this time but said it had just been introduced this weekend. I told her I am looking for somewhere for 25 nights in August but I will be looking elsewhere, I am not paying $125 for parking when there are enough hotels elsewhere that don't charge. An email will be going off whem I return home.

Out for food soon then deciding if we are going into Epcot to see fireworks this evening.

$5 per night! That is outrageous!!! Fine if you'd signed up for it but just to spring it on you is a poor show! I imagine they will be getting many complaints about that, perhaps an about turn on that policy in the not too distant future!

Sounds great so far, but i wouldn't pay $5 a night parking either for a hotel, surely that cost is built into room rate which has already been paid by you!

Enjoy the rest of the holiday, looking forward to your other updates!

I can feel the jump in your step now you're back in your old stomping ground, we don't like Fort Myers either TBH, but Naples we like...only ever stayed in very nice hotels there and at the end of a trip after hectic Orlando it's very relaxing to gaze at Dolphins from your balcony..

Naughty about the $5 charge, hardly seems worth the effort/fight to p*** off customers when they could simply put the room rate up by $5 and then noone would know?

off to peek at the blog now...:thumbsup2

The cheek - $5/ night for parking! We've gotten great rates at the Fairfield on our last 2 trips for the first night of our holiday, but will definitely be bearing the parking charge in mind if we look to stay again. I know it's not that much just for a night but just bumps the cost up that bit more. Are you staying in the Marriott complex? If so I'm assuming the Courtyard and Springhill will have the same charge.

Enjoy the rest of your evening. :)

The cheek - $5/ night for parking! We've gotten great rates at the Fairfield on our last 2 trips for the first night of our holiday, but will definitely be bearing the parking charge in mind if we look to stay again. I know it's not that much just for a night but just bumps the cost up that bit more. Are you staying in the Marriott complex? If so I'm assuming the Courtyard and Springhill will have the same charge.

Enjoy the rest of your evening. :)

Yes its the one in the Marriott village. Now charged at all 3 hotels. All the fact sheets say:
Parking On-site parking, fee: 5 USD daily.

They have also changed the internet connection, its useless, logging out all the time. Had numerous great stays here but I think this could be the last.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter