Freedom of the Seas

onewishupon

Mouseketeer
I'm recently back from 3 Nights on Freedom of the Seas. Unfortunately it was awful! Putting it in context - we have cruised twice previously (making this our 3rd RC cruise). Once on Harmony of the Seas and once on Brilliance of the Seas
One positive was that we upgraded to Cocoa Beach Club and it was 100% worth it! We had such a wonderful time! The food was impeccable and the infinity pool resort area was top notch!
On the ship - the main dining room had Italian Night on Formal Night. They played caribbean music over the loud speaker and it turned into a party which didn't fit Italian night at all. The lasagna was something that looked microwaved with grey meat! It was inedible. We waited over 2 hours at Johnny Rockets. They brought out our hamburger and sides in "courses". After 40 minutes of waiting they brought us our drinks. 20 more minutes - they brought our onion rings and then finally 1 hr and 40 minutes later our burgers! It was a ridiculous waste of time! The flowrider was fun. The Solarium pools were ice cold! Not heated at all. So I didn't swim. Solarium bar was a zoo and took about 20 minutes to get drinks. Our stateroom sink overflowed. Mold in the shower. People doing drugs in the elevator - Yes you heard me. They had a boom box going up and down and partying smoking you know what! People vaping the same all over the ship. No smoking was ignored. The rooms are tired and in desparate need of refurbishing! Please save your money and book a different cruise!

We were on Freedom in late Dec 2022. Other than cabins needing a bit of TLC (we didn't see any mold), our cruise experience was not anything like yours. Fast service in JOhnny Rockets, and MDR experience was great. Sounds like you had some troublesome passengers on your sailing.

I wonder if your cruise was partially chartered? Or if the three-night itinerary made for more of a "booze cruise" situation?

Oh goodness, I’m supposed to be on this cruise in two days. I came to this form to see if anyone knew anything about the weather coming to Miami… Do they cancel cruises? Do they just simply stay at the Miami port if the weather is that bad?

I ended up canceling the cruise due to the bad weather, and I’m so glad I did. I was watching TikTok videos of people being absolutely miserable. We ended up going to Cabo instead and it was amazing.

I wonder if your cruise was partially chartered? Or if the three-night itinerary made for more of a "booze cruise" situation?
I think in general the 3 night weekend cruises tend to be more of the party cruise atmosphere

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter