Free Dining Watch 2009 - Dates Released!! Update post 1

Hey guys!! :)

I need a little help here...and I know we are working with limited info...

I am an AP holder - not sure if that is important or not.

What if I (solo) were to book a room for 9 nights in Sept at the Pop at the full price...Would I be able to request Free Dining?

What would happen if I had a friend, maybe 2, join me for just parts of the trip...a few nights here for 2 friends and 2 nights for a 3rd friend...(confused yet?!?!)...

Would they be able to get Free Dining? They would also need tickets...

I guess part of my question is...would I have to buy tickets to get the Free Dining? Do you have to get the package deal?

AP holders still have to buy the package which includes buying at least a one day ticket for everyone in the room. You can use the value of the ticket to upgrade later (or your AP renewal). We are AP holders and we all had to buy the one day ticket and put them away for another day. The free dining is a package not a room only deal.

AP holders still have to buy the package which includes buying at least a one day ticket for everyone in the room. You can use the value of the ticket to upgrade later (or your AP renewal). We are AP holders and we all had to buy the one day ticket and put them away for another day. The free dining is a package not a room only deal.

Ok! :)

So...how does it work if I do this...

Person A - Me - Stays all 9 nights.
Person B - Stays 2 nights at the beginning of my trip (she would need tickets)
Person C and D - Stay 2 nights at the end of my trip...they would both need tickets.

?!?!

Thanks, I need a new keyboard now, just sprayed Sprite Zero all over mine :lmao::lmao::lmao: It's only a matter of time before it stops working.

I'm so excited for the free dining promotion.

Yeah you will need a new keyboard and I will need a new CHAIR. LOL

I am just a little excited here, this stuff makes me silly.

I'm going to take a shot at this, I'm sure others who know more will chime in soon with more info, and perhaps a correction or two.

It might be, depending on what you want to accomplish.

What if I (solo) were to book a room for 9 nights in Sept at the Pop at the full price...Would I be able to request Free Dining?

You would have to buy at least a one day ticket I believe.

What would happen if I had a friend, maybe 2, join me for just parts of the trip...a few nights here for 2 friends and 2 nights for a 3rd friend...(confused yet?!?!)...

I believe that everyone in the room has to have the same tickets, and I'm not at all certain that you could have someone stay for part of the time you are there

I guess part of my question is...would I have to buy tickets to get the Free Dining? Do you have to get the package deal?[/QUOTE]

Yes, it has to be a package deal room and park tickets in order to get the free dining

FYI, if they are correct about a booking date of March 30, it could be any day now for Disney Visa cardholders.:)
I would assume the March 30 date would be for the Disney Visa holders and then for the general public three days after that.

Yeah you will need a new keyboard and I will need a new CHAIR. LOL

I am just a little excited here, this stuff makes me silly.

I'm pretty excited too. It looks like were both going to have a shopping trip in our future. Perhaps I should buy a few extra keyboards just in case. I used to have a stack of them, but I seem to be out of extras now.

Ok! :)

So...how does it work if I do this...

Person A - Me - Stays all 9 nights.
Person B - Stays 2 nights at the beginning of my trip (she would need tickets)
Person C and D - Stay 2 nights at the end of my trip...they would both need tickets.

?!?!
Everybody in your room has to be on the same package.

I would assume the March 30 date would be for the Disney Visa holders and then for the general public three days after that.

Nope, what they are saying is that you will be able to start booking the free dining deal on March 30th. What we are guessing is that it will be announced for the Disney Visa holders within the next few days, and we'll perhaps be able to book over the weekend, before it opens up to the General Public on Monday the 30th.

I guess part of my question is...would I have to buy tickets to get the Free Dining? Do you have to get the package deal?

this is exactly what I did last year. I had an AP, plus 3 one day base comp tickets ( I was a CM at the disney store then) so what we did, was book the room and ONE day BASE tickets for each of us ( there were three of us) then once we got there and checked in. I had my one day pass put on a separate pass ( not my room key) and my two friends just upgraded theirs to what they needed ( just paid the difference) then on our first night, I gave them each a one day base ticket to use and on our last day, same thing.. it worked out just fine. you have to buy at least a one day base ticket to get the dining and everyone in your party has to have the same ticket. the dining is based on the number of nights of your stay.

Nope, what they are saying is that you will be able to start booking the free dining deal on March 30th. What we are guessing is that it will be announced for the Disney Visa holders within the next few days, and we'll perhaps be able to book over the weekend, before it opens up to the General Public on Monday the 30th.

So if they are saying Monday could be the date for booking available to general public....when are they going to tell us what the actual dates of the promo are?
:confused3

if they open it to visa holders in the next few days, will the DEFINATELY offer it to the general public?

Re: Maroo - I think you would have to list your friends as being there the whole time. The problem is, this could be considered fraud, as you would have all their credits. All persons in the room must have the same package.
What you COULD do, is have your middle stay be free dining, and have some room onlys tacked on. But your friends wouldn't have the dining plan then.
Or have them stay in a separate room.

Hmmmm....

It's like an algebra word problem. :scared1:

I'm pretty sure that they CAN'T have free dining for the couple of days they are there, but it can't hurt to ask the CM what you could do!

He actually doesn't specify that. Just that it will be available for booking.
It may NOT mean for general public booking.
I would be shocked if it went general public on a Monday.
If that is the case they might not be giving advance notice to DV holders.

The 4/3 sale doesn't end until 3/29. I'm pretty sure they won't overlap, even with DV holders.

That being said, I hope your right!

I have a DV, and would LOVE To get this over with! LOL :banana:

I went back thru my emails to my TA and found the 2008 FD for Aug 24th - Sept 20th rolled out April 10th.

Thank you so much although I must admit that I will be getting up extra early on 3/30 and calling WDW to check out this rumor.

Does anyone know what is the earliest time you can call CRO? I need to know when to set my clock!! :thumbsup2

Iam also going to cross my fingers that those rumored dates are correct, because I really wanted to travel in Oct. :wizard:

Thanks again

Kim

So if they are saying Monday could be the date for booking available to general public....when are they going to tell us what the actual dates of the promo are?
:confused3

Probably we'll know the day before, if you mean when will we know WHEN the sale is breaking.

if they open it to visa holders in the next few days, will the DEFINATELY offer it to the general public?

They usually do, and considering the economy, they pretty much would have to.
Not to mention, if Pete is mentioning it, it's not just for DV.
Whether DV or gen. public gets it on the 30th, who knows. :confused3

We're guarenteed to hear something BY the 29th, if his info is right.

Ok so we will hear something whether it be Disney Visa Cardholders only or general public by March 29th - which is a Sunday. Hmmmmm.....

So going on the theory that it will be made official on Mar 29 and booking opn to GP Mar 30th....we would know Mar 29 what the start and end date of the promo would be right?

Sunday seems like a weird day for a big announcement like that but I will tell you I will be camped out here watching for the details.

He actually doesn't specify that. Just that it will be available for booking.
It may NOT mean for general public booking.
I would be shocked if it went general public on a Monday.
If that is the case they might not be giving advance notice to DV holders.

The 4/3 sale doesn't end until 3/29. I'm pretty sure they won't overlap, even with DV holders.

That being said, I hope your right!

I have a DV, and would LOVE To get this over with! LOL :banana:

That's exactly what I thought also.

Can you still do free dining if you are staying using DVC points and have APs, or is it only if you book a package deal?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter