Free Dining Watch 2009 - Dates Released!! Update post 1

You are right, nothing compares to the free dining.
I got a quote and figured it is only $32.80 savings per Day per room for Value Season. -

If you call with that code and ask for moderate it is not even 33% discount off the room.

I was waiting for free dining also, then I got the 40% pin on a postcard that said "save 40% off a value resort stay"... After I got sick of waiting I called asked if it was only for value and my CM told me it would be 40% off at Value, Moderate, or Deluxe... so if you are thinking of staying at moderate or deluxe and your numbers add up that the 40% would be a better deal than the free dining, like it was for us, I would definately try back and talk to another CM, because our package went down over $1400 dollars at deluxe which is way better than free dining for the 2 of us.

Thanks so much! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2
I just clicked on the link. I have copied and pasted what it says........

Posted on Tuesday, 24th March 2009 by Pete Werner

We’re hearing pretty reliable rumors that Walt Disney World’s next promotion will be free dining for travel between Aug 15-Sep 30th. If reports are correct, these will be available for booking starting on March 30th. Again this is RUMOR, so don’t bet the mortgage on this, but we’re comfortable enough with our information to put it out there.
:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::dance3::dance3:
That hits during my cruise time so it looks like we will get to take a WDW trip after our cruise!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now.........I just have to wait for it to be announced officially! :rolleyes1

Can someone please tell me the release date for free dining for the general public last year? I know it was in the first couple of days of April and I want to know when to start looking for it this year.

Thanks,
Kim

I went back thru my emails to my TA and found the 2008 FD for Aug 24th - Sept 20th rolled out April 10th.

I was waiting for free dining also, then I got the 40% pin on a postcard that said "save 40% off a value resort stay"... After I got sick of waiting I called asked if it was only for value and my CM told me it would be 40% off at Value, Moderate, or Deluxe... so if you are thinking of staying at moderate or deluxe and your numbers add up that the 40% would be a better deal than the free dining, like it was for us, I would definately try back and talk to another CM, because our package went down over $1400 dollars at deluxe which is way better than free dining for the 2 of us.

Now that you said that . . . I'm wondering if they included insurance or something else I didn't want :confused3

Time to rerun some numbers:teacher:

Thank you for the water parks and more suggestion! I hadn't thought of it and its a perfect addition for my son and his friends -- :banana: --

Anxiously waiting :surfweb: !!

You are quite welcome. I'm going in August with 2 of my boys and my son's girlfriend. they definately want to do disney quest, so when I looked up the price, I said, "we might as well spend a few more dollars and get to go more than once OR to a water park"

Also, for those of you trying to figure out which deal is better.. I did price mine out with the 4/3 deal and then Paying for dining. and its WAY better with free dining for us. but, I agree, you gotta look at all options and price it out.

I think we are just all getting a little grumpy waiting for the announcement.. soon we will change from Grumpy to HAPPY... hang in there everyone

:grouphug:

Thanks so much! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2
I just clicked on the link. I have copied and pasted what it says........

:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::dance3::dance3:
That hits during my cruise time so it looks like we will get to take a WDW trip after our cruise!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now.........I just have to wait for it to be announced officially! :rolleyes1

FYI, if they are correct about a booking date of March 30, it could be any day now for Disney Visa cardholders.:)

Couple of questions... How does someone get the 40% room discount? It sounds like you get a postcard in the mail, but what detemines who gets that postcard? What is the 4/3 deal? Can you combine the 40% or 4/3 deal with free dining? Hope these aren't stupid questions. I'm just totally in the dark about these topics. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Our 40% off pin code was a private offer - sent to me via email. Other people have had their private 40% pin code sent to them via snail mail. Still others have booked a discount using bounceback (a deal made available to them while they were at WDW that can only be booked while still at WDW).

The pin codes are not transferrable - the person they are addressed to must be on the reservation.

HTH!

How did you get a pin code private offer? Are you on a list on some sort or registered somewhere? I've seen similar posts saying they'd received other kinds of offers and unless its restricted from Canadians, I'd like to get them too.
:thanks:

:banana: :cool1: :woohoo: :yay: :dance3: :cheer2:

:grouphug: And singing "Someone's getting free dining...kum by yah..."

Couple of questions... How does someone get the 40% room discount? It sounds like you get a postcard in the mail, but what detemines who gets that postcard? What is the 4/3 deal? Can you combine the 40% or 4/3 deal with free dining? Hope these aren't stupid questions. I'm just totally in the dark about these topics. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Not stupid. Eveyone has to jump in somewhere! Might as well ask and be more informed than the average WDW tourist! :thumbsup2

You are not allowed to combine sales.
4/3 is the current general public offer from WDW. If you book a package (room and tickets) of at least 4 days, you get up to 3 additional days for free.
This 4/3 special does not apply to dining.

I got a postcard in the mail. I'm not positive why, but I believe it is because I went to the Disney Website and requested the planning DVD and gave specific dates that I wanted to visit. The 4/3 deal is also on the website.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/

If you notice . . . the 4/3 deal says "Only 5 days left" That would mean that on Monday another deal should fill that spot!

If you notice . . . the 4/3 deal says "Only 5 days left" That would mean that on Monday another deal should fill that spot!

Sorry to keep posting but this makes me feel all excited too. I never thought I would become one of "those WDW tourists" but I can feel it bubbling up...LOL.

Ooooooh thank you. I really hope the dates are right with this....I hope I do not pee my seat at work with excitement. That would NOT go over well.
:rotfl:

Thanks, I need a new keyboard now, just sprayed Sprite Zero all over mine :lmao::lmao::lmao: It's only a matter of time before it stops working.

I'm so excited for the free dining promotion.

Hey guys!! :)

I need a little help here...and I know we are working with limited info...

I am an AP holder - not sure if that is important or not.

What if I (solo) were to book a room for 9 nights in Sept at the Pop at the full price...Would I be able to request Free Dining?

What would happen if I had a friend, maybe 2, join me for just parts of the trip...a few nights here for 2 friends and 2 nights for a 3rd friend...(confused yet?!?!)...

Would they be able to get Free Dining? They would also need tickets...

I guess part of my question is...would I have to buy tickets to get the Free Dining? Do you have to get the package deal?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter