Free Dining Oct-Dec Is Here!!

Promotion Disney HDB / HDC Special Offer Magic Your Way Package
Now promoting more expected this year with new dates.

Rules:

Accommodation in hotels economy class will have the benefit of the Disney Dining Plan Quick Service Dining Plan for free.

Accommodation in hotels or luxury moderate category will have the benefit of the Disney Dining Plan Dining Plan for free.

BOOKING PERIOD : August 01 to November 15/2013

PERIOD OF ACCOMMODATION : 29 September to 02 October / 2013 18 October to 02 November / 2013 November 11 to November 23/2013 December 12 to December 22/2013

Promoting free meal plan.
3 night minimum and maximum of 14 nights of lodging.
Offer valid on daily sales with obligation to purchase tickets.
Seats subject to availability at time of booking

Nice translation!! :)

Sooo... Do you think we should all try calling again Aug 1??? My husband just laughed at me this morning when I told him their were no discounts. He's tired of hearing me talk about Disney :)

If my grandparents have a TIW card would I be able to use it? do they check names and info or does it matter? Thanks!:wizard:

Family members live in Naples who have been asked (restaurant/CM) to show ID while other times not...it's a coin toss, like everything else....

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

darnheather said:
The RO only military discount would save us $422 for November dates. The free dining would save us $1000. Since we want to do seven park days the tickets through Disney are cheaper than getting the military salute and adding days. Time to rethink the length of stay for sure.

If we do the military salute tickets and then a couple of resort days we could keep the same length of stay but would need to cut out two parks (as I want to do MK at least 2 days), or do AK one morning and HS in the evening and skip Epcot. Sigh, this is starting to make my head hurt.

Stay positive, stay positive.

Are you planning on attending MVMCP during your Nov. trip? If so you can enter MK at 4pm that day with only your event ticket. That would give you extra MK day with the 4 day military tickets.

To correct an earlier post I made (that is somewhere in the many pages of this thread :laughing:) the name of the poster who first brought us info on the previous South American offer (which is the current Sept offer) is MarianoC, not MarionC. I was close, at least.:rotfl2:

Nice translation!! :)

Sooo... Do you think we should all try calling again Aug 1??? My husband just laughed at me this morning when I told him their were no discounts. He's tired of hearing me talk about Disney :)

My husband sent me a text earlier today that he heard that it started at noon. :crazy2: 5 minutes later he texted back that he was just kidding. :sad:

I know I'm new here :wave2: (although been lurking for a while...never registered until today when everything went down) but thanks Joe and Danny for all your hard work, and continued hard work despite the few flammers. I booked my trip Xmas Eve totally forgetting all about FD and am going regardless! Not gonna lie FD would make it all that sweeter, but even without it my family and I will be having an AMAZING time at AKL (our first time there) all thanks to the great tips and ideas posted on here by guys like Joe and Danny! So thanks guys...and everyone! :thumbsup2

I got up before 7 this morning also in hopes of using my DV for free dining. I've been following this thread (some skimming) off and on as I've had time. While, I was disappointed about the rumor not being true for today (we'll see about Aug 1), it is what it is.

The thing that upset me in this thread was people's assumptions about affordability. Now this is said without anger, snottiness, or any kind of tone. I'm just saying what I feel....I think it's kind of a rude or harsh statement to say that if you need a discount to fit your budget, you shouldn't go if you can't afford full price. I don't understand this line of thinking. People buy stuff with coupons and discounts all the time. I refuse to pay full price for anything. Why should I when I can get things for less? I have zero credit card debt because I am financially responsible. I save for vacation ahead of time. I have a large family though, and if we want to go every year, we need a discount. If we feel it is too expensive, we will not go. In fact, I do not pre-book before discounts are available.

I think Disney is expensive with the discounts. I would never pay full price. If you want to do that, that's fine, but what difference does it make to you if someone can only afford to go with a discount? I think it's irresponsible to put vacation on a credit card, but if people can pay it off, what business is it of mine? And everyone who is willing to pay full price for Disney and go no matter what, if most people do that, why would Disney offer a discount? They wouldn't have to. In the past at least, discounts are what were necessary to fill up rooms. We will see if they think it's necessary this year. My guess is yes, but time will tell.

Again, not trying to be rude or mean in any way, just sharing my two cents. Throw them back if you wish. ;)

I only am catching the last few pages but I compltely agree with you. My husband refs lacrosse and all that goes into a different fund. If I can't pay for a trip with that, we do not go. If it was not for discounts, i could not do the trips we enjoy every year. I would go someplace else with the funds that I have to spend, no more, no less! I coupon it for grocery, for dining, and for clothing. Love the 30 percent discounts at Kohl's or I probably would not shop there! To each their own. I love disboards but there are days when people are cranky and I read something and just think, WOW.

My husband sent me a text earlier today that he heard that it started at noon. :crazy2: 5 minutes later he texted back that he was just kidding. :sad:

My husband would do this too! Luckily for me (and probably for his own safety as well) he lets me do all the Disney planning and obsessing. :rotfl:

However I think most people do not realize that this does not hold a spot for you unless they've been following thus thread. So they do book at rack rate hoping to hold their room, as that was my initial instinct.
In fact, that is what I did originally when I booked my first week in December trip. Then I discovered disboards, found out my dates were not on the anticipated FD dates, so I cancelled my original trip and am now waiting to see what is available. I certainly cannot not blame anyone for booking a trip when I had done the same thing.

Yep, same thing here. I know now; but I had no clue beforehand.
Luckily I had support from everyone here.
That's why I'm so thankful for this thread.
Lots of knowledge, and no one being ugly when you tell that you've messed up.

You are correct. There are many like yourself who don't know any better. But there are also many who have read the info on here many times and still keep doing it, refusing to acknowledge this fact. It is those people who the comments are directed at.

Thanks for that. :) I kept reading your posts and I was sweating like a pregnant nun! I was one that did pre-book...but now that I do understand how FD works I won't pre-book anymore, and I'll be passing the word along to anyone I can about it.
I didn't cancel my reservation, but that's only because I was extremely lucky in receiving a PIN through my dad and some pixie dust magic. If that had not happened I would have cancelled in hopes that my dates would be expanded and included.
I don't understand why people would still pre-book if they have been told how FD works. It can't help them in any way to do that. We need to form a FD Awareness group. :)

With or without a discount, it is still disney, my favorite place, and I will be there in oct! The information from these boards as been invaluable, and is my "disney fix" between trips to the world. Most everyone posting on these boards is helpful & I appreciate everyone who takes the time to share information, answer questions even if asked multiple times, so thank you to all of you!!

This! :wave2:

We got knocked down this morning. Let's pick ourselves back up and start having some official Disney fun on an unofficial Disney forum!!!:banana:

:)That's what it's really all about for me, getting to know peeps who love Disney as much as me and learning and sharing info along the way!:cool1:

:-)

Well said!

No it doesn't. There's hardly any traffic over there and something this big needs to be on a more prominent board that gets more traffic. The DV FD date is really this thing that has been speculated, I would expect that the release date all along was a d still is August 1.

I didn't even know there was a rumor board??

Besides the Portuguese link above, I've also been sent today--but asked not to share--Disney's artwork for promoting the Spanish-language version of South American free dining, with the exact same book-by and eligible dates.

Related and RO South American links and info are being posted by people onto my facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/**************

And if that last bit is spam let me know and I'll edit it out! The last thing in the world I want is to spam my friends at the dis!!!

Thanks! I checked out the RO discounts, and those look good. Well, dates at least... I don't know how to convert from Euro to dollars in my head. :rotfl2: That will take a tad more time.

Ok, I'm officially activating the phone tree :rotfl:

Love the idea! :rotfl:
But seriously, thanks to everyone who posted their responses first thing this morning. I was on hold watching all the posts come in and hung up before I got to a CM. Can you imagine how many more phone calls the CM's would have received this morning if we didn't post results on here?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter