Free Dining Oct-Dec Is Here!! Dates Confirmed!!! ~ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what are y'all's number one go to counter service in each park, for lunch?

I can start....

MK - Colombia Harbor House
EP - Sunshine Seasons
AK - Flame Tree BBQ
HS - I've yet to find one here that flips my switch, so I usually end up at Comissary.

Oh! I like this question too, as Pecos Bill, Cosmic Rays, and Electric Umbrella are getting old.

MK I think we will brave the lines for a counter service lunch at BOG. Menu for dinner doesn't actually get me too excited but the lunch sounds pretty good. We are going to do a whole morning in New Fantasyland one day and will try for it then.
HS - seems there was a place last year across the street from the Fantasmic area that had ok BBQ food.
EP - think we might try something in World Showcase this year. Last year we were lucky enough to hit the F&W but going too late this year.
AK - Flame Tree

I'm from AL but have a sister in MO and one in OH and spent my summers growing up alternating between the 2.

You're in Tuscaloosa? I'm in Birmingham (Bessemer)! My sister is starting at U of A this fall. Small world, huh?

Oh! I like this question too, as Pecos Bill, Cosmic Rays, and Electric Umbrella are getting old.

MK I think we will brave the lines for a counter service lunch at BOG. Menu for dinner doesn't actually get me too excited but the lunch sounds pretty good. We are going to do a whole morning in New Fantasyland one day and will try for it then.
HS - seems there was a place last year across the street from the Fantasmic area that had ok BBQ food.
EP - think we might try something in World Showcase this year. Last year we were lucky enough to hit the F&W but going too late this year.
AK - Flame Tree

Yes I have to do BOG for lunch at least once, maybe once per trip if I enjoy it.

I can start....

EP - Sunshine Seasons
AK - Flame Tree BBQ
HS - I've yet to find one here that flips my switch, so I usually end up at Comissary.

I agree nothing at HS appeals to me. Like almost everyone else I want to try BOG for lunch even though I have dinner reservations there. I think my fav counter service at this point is Sunshine Seasons Epcot and AK is Pizzafari although I've never tried Flame Tree.

I can start....

EP - Sunshine Seasons
AK - Flame Tree BBQ

MK - Pecos Bills
HS - Poor choices, hate the Commissary so we normally eat Pizza Planet. Going to try Starring Rolls this time since we've heard good things.
EP, always end up at SS, would love to know another good one.

So where is everybody from. Black562 is from Ohio, Smitch is Indiana, I am from Missouri. I'm thinking people from the Midwest must just be Disney crazy!! I wonder if Disney has any trends on this?!?

I am from Ohio...about 10 minutes from Cedar Point Amusement Park...we never go there :rotfl2:!

Yes I have to do BOG for lunch at least once, maybe once per trip if I enjoy it.

Black is your avatar you? Every time I see it I think I'm looking at Kenny Chesney, which is a good thing ;) Anyway I wasn't overly wild about the food at lunch, except for the cupcakes! But the atmosphere makes it ALL worth it!! Dinner doesn't thrill me either but we snagged a ressie so we are going to give it a whirl

LouFapp said:
Oh and if your using an android powered phone or an iphone get a battery saving app, they help alot by turning things off when the phone is asleep. I use Easy Battery Saver on my android.

I downloaded the app now I'm confused lol What setting is the best one to use?

There is a pool view RR at POR showing availability for 12/16 - 12/24 if anyone is interested...I'm stalking for a preferred room!

Thought you wanted "money for nothin, kids for free!"--which is a better fit for free dining!

Now see, I'm gonna have to reveal my theme song now, after all this time keeping it secret.

And yes, Money for Nothin, but with revised lyrics.

That ain't workin, that's the way ya do it
ya get free dining down at Disney
That ain't workin, that's the way ya do it
get your entree for nothin, get dessert for free

You're in Tuscaloosa? I'm in Birmingham (Bessemer)! My sister is starting at U of A this fall. Small world, huh?

Yes I'm in Tuscaloosa. . It is a small world! And now that song is going to be in my head all day. Lol. I went to school in MS (MUW) but my brother graduated law school at U of A.

I can start....

EP - Sunshine Seasons
AK - Flame Tree BBQ

MK: Pinocchio Haus
AK- pizzafari
EP: sommerfest
HS: commissary? I really don't care for the choices here ha

But we are trying some new places this time around!

MK: BOG- we have dinner reservations as well, but they are for our last day, before we leave, so our first MK day will be lunch there.
EP: we love cantina San angel, so may end up there again... Or maybe Katsura? So many good choices in Epcot!
HS: pizza planet is what my kids want- ill probably grab something from a kiosk though haha- our second HS day will prob be the commissary.
AK- flame tree! But thinking of yak and yeti this time, I love honey chicken!

MK: Pinocchio Haus
AK- pizzafari
EP: sommerfest
HS: commissary? I really don't care for the choices here ha

But we are trying some new places this time around!

MK: BOG- we have dinner reservations as well, but they are for our last day, before we leave, so our first MK day will be lunch there.
EP: we love cantina San angel, so may end up there again... Or maybe Katsura? So many good choices in Epcot!
HS: pizza planet is what my kids want- ill probably grab something from a kiosk though haha- our second HS day will prob be the commissary.
AK- flame tree! But thinking of yak and yeti this time, I love honey chicken!

MK: Cosmic Ray's & Peco's Bill...hard to pick 1 over the other
EP: Liberty Inn
HS: Pizza Planet
AK: Pizzafari

Mine does the same. It shows under my reservations but I can't add it to my plans. So stupid, it should be automatic.

Not worried though because I have my packet and luggage tags in hand!!!

I had the same issue as well. The Internet tech helpline CM gave me a different kind if reservation number (12 digits like your ADR's) and that worked like a charm for MDE, even on my iPhone. The number is 407-939-3463.

I had the same issue as well. The Internet tech helpline CM gave me a different kind if reservation number (12 digits like your ADR's) and that worked like a charm for MDE, even on my iPhone. The number is 407-939-3463.

Will have to try that in a bit. All the talk of free dining has had me so excited I forgot my family has to eat until we go to Disney. Off for groceries!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter