Free Dining 2014 Discussion ~ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
She's a close friend and she's beyond frustrated so I know it's nothing fishy. She was on hold 5.5 hrs and had to hang up. Then called back and on hold another 2 hrs. Her assistant has also been on hold almost the entire day and neither have talked to an agent yet. I've seen FB posts from other TAs who have reported being on hold for 4 plus hrs. Not sure what's making the difference between some getting through right away. But, when it's taking hours it's scary to think about hanging up, calling back, and starting all over again.

You can book a new reservation via the website and then fill out a paper to transfer the reservation to your TA. that's my suggestion

Im going on 5 hours now. I would hope my clients wouldnt book behind my back and then cancel on me. That would be ****ty. Plus, if they were to do that they would lose the $ paid on travel insurance because thats non refundable and non transferrable.

You are put in an impossible situation unless they are going to honor TA reservations because just about everything is sold out except for values and $$$$ rooms.

What do you tell your client if you couldn't get it?

You are put in an impossible situation unless they are going to honor TA reservations because just about everything is sold out except for values and $$$$ rooms.

What do you tell your client if you couldn't get it?

Everything i want is still available

Never mind! I see it in the computer! Just not on the app. It made me smile. Lol

Yea - it doesn't show on the app.

That apps is pretty sweet on the iPad. Will make things a lot easier. Plus with GPS I can see where the rest of my party is.

Yea - it doesn't show on the app. That apps is pretty sweet on the iPad. Will make things a lot easier. Plus with GPS I can see where the rest of my party is.

Really? You can see where everyone in your party is? That's pretty awesome. How does that work? Is it part of the MDE app Or is it part of the whole"find my iphone/ipad?"

Really? You can see where everyone in your party is? That's pretty awesome. How does that work? Is it part of the MDE app Or is it part of the whole"find my iphone/ipad?"

It's the iphone/ipad app.

I don't have to worry - as much - when my daughter and niece (15 & 16) want to go off on their own.

For those of you that did not get the resort you were hoping for, keep in mind that lots of people have multiple reservations right now. They may very well cancel in the next few weeks. It worked out for several people last year.

I have also noticed that a lot of new options have opened up for restaurants during our week. It may be that Disney held some back for FD, or that people are already canceling excess dining reservations.

Hang in there because lots of people cancel altogether before the 45 day mark.

She's a close friend and she's beyond frustrated so I know it's nothing fishy. She was on hold 5.5 hrs and had to hang up. Then called back and on hold another 2 hrs. Her assistant has also been on hold almost the entire day and neither have talked to an agent yet. I've seen FB posts from other TAs who have reported being on hold for 4 plus hrs. Not sure what's making the difference between some getting through right away. But, when it's taking hours it's scary to think about hanging up, calling back, and starting all over again.

Oh nooooo please don't think I was thinking there was anything fishy. Most TA's work sooooo hard for their clients and I am sure yours is wonderful. I just hate that she has had to be tied up all day when others have gotten through :goodvibes

Did she ever get through and get your ressie???

Oh nooooo please don't think I was thinking there was anything fishy. Most TA's work sooooo hard for their clients and I am sure yours is wonderful. I just hate that she has had to be tied up all day when others have gotten through :goodvibes

Did she ever get through and get your ressie???

Our TA was on for 10 hrs yesterday. She was able to move our existing package from a standard at CSR to a King as the allotted standards for mid Sept were gone. She is watching to see if two become available, but she said not likely for moderates since there are only two available to start. We will be happy and enjoy the trip with good friends and Disney.

Our TA was on for 10 hrs yesterday. She was able to move our existing package from a standard at CSR to a King as the allotted standards for mid Sept were gone. She is watching to see if two become available, but she said not likely for moderates since there are only two available to start. We will be happy and enjoy the trip with good friends and Disney.

I am sending pixie dust to all my disboard friends that they all get the PIN code that is being sent out since it includes POR and POFQ! I am a value girl and got exactly what we wanted but I sure want Disney to take care of my friends :goodvibes

I am soooo sorry for all the wonderful TA's out there. I wish I knew why some could get through and others couldn't:confused3

I am sending pixie dust to all my disboard friends that they all get the PIN code that is being sent out since it includes POR and POFQ! I am a value girl and got exactly what we wanted but I sure want Disney to take care of my friends :goodvibes I am soooo sorry for all the wonderful TA's out there. I wish I knew why some could get through and others couldn't:confused3

Thank you and I hope I'm one of the lucky ones!! I called yesterday and I didn't have one, but I'll keep trying! I was all set last week during visa release to choose the royal rooms as a surprise to my family and I was extremely disappointed that POR was excluded. I really wanted to surprise them :( Hoping for lots of pixie dust!

I know the Disney Whisperers fb page unfortunately had to be shut down, is there a replacement page, or on DIS board?
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter