Free Dining 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there actually something wrong with these refrigerators or is this some kind of a way to get people to purchase there new resort mug? This would have been the first time I would get the chance to use it. Though I still feel the price of the mug is still well worth the money but iv heard some people talking about getting drinks sent to there resort's but without the fridge that would be tough. Is there a plan to replace them by a certain date.

There was a recall and one of them caught on fire at GF. They are hoping to have the work fully done within 4 months. There are over 30,000 rooms on property, and while not every room will be affected, it will take time to check everything. If you request a fridge, but they do not have one for you when you arrive, you will receive a $15 per night credit for your stay.

I called today to check to see if I had a pin, and of course I didn't. :(
The CM did tell me to check again around the 15th. I hope she's right!

I'd not read that either, interesting. We were thinking of bringing our fridge just in case since I take my Almond Milk with me and like to put leftover cheesecake in the fridge too LOL. I also use it to put orange juice and waters in.....so again, we thought about taking ours just in case. I hate lugging it all the way to Florida though and then there being one in the room when we get there. I may just rent one or something.

So is there any more speculation on the FDing extension being released soon?

Does anyone know if POFQ garden view rooms were included in the FD promotion for Dec. last year?

Wow 15 a night ... If this gets confirmed, I would love to know!

It was on the TA site in response to the many TA questions and comments. If the request for a refrigerator cannot be accommodated, the manager will be called and an offer of a room credit of $15 per room per night will be extended. This is ONLY if a refrigerator cannot be provided and the vacationer has requested one.

Free dining will be extended beyond September. Bookings for these dates will begin August 1. The dates are below:

September 29 - October 2
October 18 - November 2
November 11 - November 23
December 12 - December 22

As usual, certain room types are excluded, such as campsites at Ft. Wilderness, 3-bedroom villas, and the Little Mermaid rooms at Art of Animation. A 3 night minimum stay (14 night maximum) and two day minimum park ticket is required for each person in the party.

Disney Value Resorts ~ Quick Service Dining Plan Included (can be upgraded to regular plan) All-Star Movies Resort
All-Star Music Resort
All-Star Sports Resort
Pop Century Resort
Art of Animation Resort (excluding Little Mermaid rooms)

Moderate Resorts ~ Regular Dining Plan Included

Carribean Beach Resort
Coronado Springs Resort
Port Orleans Resort French Quarter and Riverside

Deluxe Resorts ~ Regular Dining Plan Included Animal Kingdom Lodge
Yacht & Beach Club Resorts
BoardWalk Inn
Contemporary Resort
Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Polynesian Resort
Wilderness Lodge

Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts ~ Regular Dining Plan Included
Bay Lake Tower
Animal Kingdom Villas
Beach Club Villas
BoardWalk Villas
Old Key West Resort
Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
The Villas at Disneys
Wilderness Lodge Fort Wilderness Cabins

Free dining will be extended beyond September. Bookings for these dates will begin August 1. The dates are below:

September 29 - October 2
October 18 - November 2

As usual, certain room types are excluded, such as campsites at Ft. Wilderness, 3-bedroom villas, and the Little Mermaid rooms at Art of Animation. A 3 night minimum stay (14 night maximum) and two day minimum park ticket is required for each person in the party.

Disney Value Resorts ~ Quick Service Dining Plan Included (can be upgraded to regular plan) All-Star Movies Resort
All-Star Music Resort
All-Star Sports Resort
Pop Century Resort

Carribean Beach Resort
Coronado Springs Resort

BoardWalk Inn
Contemporary Resort
Polynesian Resort
Wilderness Lodge

Bay Lake Tower
Animal Kingdom Villas
Beach Club Villas
BoardWalk Villas
Old Key West Resort
The Villas at Disneys

Thanks for the info!

So if we can call August 1st..how early that day can you call? What time zone?

September 29 - October 2
October 18 - November 2

All-Star Music Resort
All-Star Sports Resort
Pop Century Resort

Carribean Beach Resort
Coronado Springs Resort

BoardWalk Inn
Contemporary Resort
Polynesian Resort
Wilderness Lodge

Bay Lake Tower
Animal Kingdom Villas
Beach Club Villas
BoardWalk Villas
Old Key West Resort
The Villas at Disneys
:thumbsup2:cheer2::thumbsup2:cheer2::thumbsup2:cheer2::thumbsup2:cheer2::thumbsup2

any news on Disney Visa going sooner?

Thanks for the info!
So if we can call August 1st..how early that day can you call? What time zone?

Phone lines open at 7:00 am eastern time.

:thumbsup2:cheer2::thumbsup2:cheer2::thumbsup2:cheer2::thumbsup2:cheer2::thumbsup2

any news on Disney Visa going sooner?

No solid news yet, but DV holders usually get a 3-day head start before GP offer opens. I suggest marking your calendar to call first thing on July 29th. Worst that could happen is they tell you offer hasn't started yet. Even if they do say that, it's a good idea to either ask them to check with a supervisor (not all CMs read their memos right away/do not have up to date info so may not know that DV offer has started). You could also just call back and talk to a different CM. but if DV offer does start that day, once you get through to a Cm, hang on until you get the FD discount applied. The FD threads will LIGHT UP when the FD offer goes live!
Check out Black's new FD thread:
Ok folks, new thread going so we can start fresh.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?p=48969007#post48969007

Things will likely pick up fast once bookings begin.

OMG prayers answered!

Also curious on where the info comes from..... And if Disney Visa will be earlier....
Nov 11 is our first day....

May want to refresh to rules on when you check in to get deal etc ......

This is a leak or confirmed information? I noted that some previous expected dates are now missing like the first week of December.

I can tell you that Black and Danny have given solid info in the past. Know that things could change, but I would be willing to put money down on a bet that what Black posted is confirmed August 1st. It would make sense if some dates have been removed with all the PINS that have gone out. They probably don't have availability on those dates anymore, or some other marketing tweek.

OMG prayers answered!

Also curious on where the info comes from..... And if Disney Visa will be earlier....
Nov 11 is our first day....

May want to refresh to rules on when you check in to get deal etc ......

I don't care where it comes from as long as it is true... and Joe "Black" and Danny have always been true to their posts. I also would like to know about the Disney Visa.... I will probably just call July 29,30, and 31st and ask ;)

We are also checking on on 11/11 :thumbsup2

Whats the deal on when you stay to get it?????

I forget, checkin during promo dates? Or stay during promo dates , i forget...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter