Free Dining 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats the deal on when you stay to get it?????

I forget, checkin during promo dates? Or stay during promo dates , i forget...

Your checkin date has to be within the FD offer dates to qualify. As long as you checkin by the last day of the offer, you'll get FD for your whole stay up to 14 days.

Damn we check in the 9th- the 18th so we do not qualify????

I hate to shorten a vacation just to checkin on that date! (11th)

Visa would probably drop the 29th of July..a Monday.

Throw Dave from ************** in the mix. He and I have been having many discussions over the past few months. He deserves many props as well.

Damn we check in the 9th- the 18th so we do not qualify????

I hate to shorten a vacation just to checkin on that date! (11th)

You could do a 'split stay' - one ressie for 9th & 10th and the 2nd one starting on the 11th for the FD. From what I understand, you can pick up your park tickets 2-3 days early so you could still go to the parks before your FD ressie started if you wanted.

You could do a 'split stay' - one ressie for 9th & 10th and the 2nd one starting on the 11th for the FD. From what I understand, you can pick up your park tickets 2-3 days early so you could still go to the parks before your FD ressie started if you wanted.

Yes this is correct, i just called.

CM also stated PIN's are out for these dates but my Mickey Mailbox did not yet have a PIN. (So what else is new)

They stated that they would split the ressie into two separate stays.

Stay one would be a normal (rack rate) or room discount rate, for the days you stay before the FD dates. They second ressie would start at the FD dates and last through the rest of the trip.

That puts most of our trip in the FD stay, and since its a Deluxe you get DDP and we never use all our credits unless we do room service or a bunch of double credit ressies.....

Wonder if anyone has done this before...... CM stated we might have to change rooms .... Or even resorts.....

Yes this is correct, i just called.

CM also stated PIN's are out for these dates but my Mickey Mailbox did not yet have a PIN. (So what else is new)

They stated that they would split the ressie into two separate stays.

Stay one would be a normal (rack rate) or room discount rate, for the days you stay before the FD dates. They second ressie would start at the FD dates and last through the rest of the trip.

That puts most of our trip in the FD stay, and since its a Deluxe you get DDP and we never use all our credits unless we do room service or a bunch of double credit ressies.....

Wonder if anyone has done this before...... CM stated we might have to change rooms .... Or even resorts.....

Hopefully you won't have to change rooms. People do split stays frequently. Remember, only your checkin night has to be in the free dining time period. You could checkin on the last day of the free dining offer and it would extend for your entire trip.

I am trying to wrap myhead around "free" dining.

been doing some math here. Considering a split stay at Pop Century to get Free Dining at the end of our stay.

To get Free Dining it will cost me 385 more for my stay then if I didnt get that.

how is this free and maybe I am calculating it wrong?

been doing some math here. Considering a split stay at Pop Century to get Free Dining at the end of our stay.

To get Free Dining it will cost me 385 more for my stay then if I didnt get that.

What are your dates?

Also we're getting there on the tenth so we had to split. Why they couldn't just give us Sunday is beyond me lol but they would rather not make u switch rooms because its more work for them.

Dec 8 thru 15

I don't think it would benefit you at all to do FD for any part of your stay. Even with a split stay you would need two sets of tickets in order to go to the parks everyday. I would hold out for the room discount and see if it covers your stay. Good luck! :goodvibes

How are you calculating? Do you have a RO discount? If so, it typically is only good for 15% for a value. Your first part of the split is a room only reservation, no dining, no tickets. The second part of the split is FD with tickets for the whole stay (including first part). Note however that you can get your tickets from the second split up to 3 days ahead. How you would do it is:

* First split of stay (up to 3 days), make a ROOM ONLY reservation
* Second split of your stay, make a FD package reservation, including tickets for the whole stay

Your first spit can have a room only discount. It can be more than 3 days, but you will not be able to get the tickets from the second split until 3 days prior.

If you are getting tickets on your first part, is not worth it more than likely, since your second spit will require a minimum 2 day ticket. You could save those tickets for another time and simply expand the tickets of the first split.

Hope this helps.

NOTE - Just saw your dates - 8-15. Might not be worth it as your second part needs to start on the 12th. You need a RO ressie from 8-12 (4n) and an FD package ressie for 12-15 (3n) but 7 day tickets (9-15). You would only be able to get the tickets from the second part on the 9th (3 days before). You would have to pay OOP for dining on the first part and you would only have 3n dining starting on the 12th. Also, since you are staying at POP it would be quick service dining only. You would need to upgrade to basic for sit down meals.

If you arrive late on the 8th or not plan on going to the parks, then worth it.

Split Stay:
You can't use your dining credits prior to the start date of your FDing reservation, correct? You *might be able to pick up your tickets early but not dining...right? We like to eat at a nice restaurant the night we check in, but it'll be 1 day prior to our FDing reservation so I'm trying to think if we still want to do that......it's awful expensive OOP.

Split Stay:
You can't use your dining credits prior to the start date of your FDing reservation, correct? You *might be able to pick up your tickets early but not dining...right? We like to eat at a nice restaurant the night we check in, but it'll be 1 day prior to our FDing reservation so I'm trying to think if we still want to do that......it's awful expensive OOP.

That is correct.

How are you calculating? Do you have a RO discount? If so, it typically is only good for 15% for a value. Your first part of the split is a room only reservation, no dining, no tickets. The second part of the split is FD with tickets for the whole stay (including first part). Note however that you can get your tickets from the second split up to 3 days ahead. How you would do it is:

* First split of stay (up to 3 days), make a ROOM ONLY reservation
* Second split of your stay, make a FD package reservation, including tickets for the whole stay

Your first spit can have a room only discount. It can be more than 3 days, but you will not be able to get the tickets from the second split until 3 days prior.

If you are getting tickets on your first part, is not worth it more than likely, since your second spit will require a minimum 2 day ticket. You could save those tickets for another time and simply expand the tickets of the first split.

Hope this helps.

NOTE - Just saw your dates - 8-15. Might not be worth it as your second part needs to start on the 12th. You need a RO ressie from 8-12 (4n) and an FD package ressie for 12-15 (3n) but 7 day tickets (9-15). You would only be able to get the tickets from the second part on the 9th (3 days before). You would have to pay OOP for dining on the first part and you would only have 3n dining starting on the 12th. Also, since you are staying at POP it would be quick service dining only. You would need to upgrade to basic for sit down meals.

If you arrive late on the 8th or not plan on going to the parks, then worth it.

The FD promo requires only a 2-day base ticket per person and a 3-night minimum stay.
For the non-FD part of your split stay, you could possibly get a room discount, add park tickets and pay for dining plan. Whether it's worth it or not depends on what you're planning to do (i.e. how many days you'll need park tickets & dining plans), how many adults & children and any other add-ons you're considering. Basically, try pricing your vacation with the split stay and without it to see which works out better for you. Good luck!

It was on the TA site in response to the many TA questions and comments. If the request for a refrigerator cannot be accommodated, the manager will be called and an offer of a room credit of $15 per room per night will be extended. This is ONLY if a refrigerator cannot be provided and the vacationer has requested one.

Nice I told DH about the fridge issue and he said he wanted a credit and I told him there was no way Disney would credit us. Nice to know I am SOMETIMES wrong. :rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter