>> FREE DINING 2011 WATCH - Read Post # 1 BEFORE Posting

Switched from our room only discount to FD and saved an additional $200. Hopefully an AP discount comes out so that we don't have to buy the 2 day tickets that we're not going to use.

question for all you who have done alot of dining. A friend of mine says he's dined at AKL before and it was a a blast. Crazy restaurant where you ask for ketchup they yell out for someone's ketchup, need crayons-just ask and people get up from their tables to give u the ones they aren't using. Horse race (on stick ponies) around the restaurant...anyone know where he is talking...said he couldn't remember the name but said it was so much fun and the kids loved it!! HELP!!

question for all you who have done alot of dining. A friend of mine says he's dined at AKL before and it was a a blast. Crazy restaurant where you ask for ketchup they yell out for someone's ketchup, need crayons-just ask and people get up from their tables to give u the ones they aren't using. Horse race (on stick ponies) around the restaurant...anyone know where he is talking...said he couldn't remember the name but said it was so much fun and the kids loved it!! HELP!!

Sounds like Whispering Canyon, but that's at the Wilderness Lodge, not Animal Kingdom. Am I right?

This is torturous!

I had a feeling FD would eventually come out, and I was prepared to deal with the fact that we're not going to WDW this year. However now that FD is finally here.... :scared1: :sad1:

My DW made me promise that as soon as we got back from WDW last year, we would refurnish our place. After almost $4000 (this should have been the vacation fund) the living room and most of our bedroom is done. We're moving on to DS room next.

Stupid furniture......there's nothing wrong with sitting on milk crates, it's fashionable. Isn't it? ;)

I don't think there is anything wrong with sitting on milk crates if it means seeing Mickey. I guess that is why I don't have a proper bed but am going to Disney! :rotfl:

I did replace all three of my kids' beds in the last two years though so I don't feel bad. It's only me doing without and by my own choice. Maybe a bed next year. :rolleyes1

This is torturous!

I had a feeling FD would eventually come out, and I was prepared to deal with the fact that we're not going to WDW this year. However now that FD is finally here.... :scared1: :sad1:

My DW made me promise that as soon as we got back from WDW last year, we would refurnish our place. After almost $4000 (this should have been the vacation fund) the living room and most of our bedroom is done. We're moving on to DS room next.

Stupid furniture......there's nothing wrong with sitting on milk crates, it's fashionable. Isn't it? ;)

I don't think there is anything wrong with sitting on milk crates if it means seeing Mickey. I guess that is why I don't have a proper bed but am going to Disney! :rotfl:

I did replace all three of my kids' beds in the last two years though so I don't feel bad. It's only me doing without and by my own choice. Maybe a bed next year. :rolleyes1

Hey, Port Orleans Fan...one word: IKEA. LOL We are slowly, but surely, working through furniture for our children. I can honestly say, IKEA is awesome!!! The bottoms of the drawers won't pop out, it's well made, and they include brackets to attach the dresser/bookcase/whatever to the wall. And, get this: I bought my son a tall dresser with (I think) 5 drawers (might've been 6)....for $199!!!! And it glides nice and easy. We're going to get my daughter's bed from there and our living room tables. I even found really nice lamps for my daughter's bedroom in there. I'm addicted, what can I saw. Cheap, well-made furniture. Yes, you have to put it together, but I grew up on construction sites, so I find it fun and relaxing.

Have a great day!!!

Hey, Port Orleans Fan...one word: IKEA. LOL We are slowly, but surely, working through furniture for our children. I can honestly say, IKEA is awesome!!! The bottoms of the drawers won't pop out, it's well made, and they include brackets to attach the dresser/bookcase/whatever to the wall. And, get this: I bought my son a tall dresser with (I think) 5 drawers (might've been 6)....for $199!!!! And it glides nice and easy. We're going to get my daughter's bed from there and our living room tables. I even found really nice lamps for my daughter's bedroom in there. I'm addicted, what can I saw. Cheap, well-made furniture. Yes, you have to put it together, but I grew up on construction sites, so I find it fun and relaxing.

Have a great day!!!
I love IKEA......and Disney! I am still waiting for FD in October.

Thanks very much, jcarwash, for your fast response. They were able to call while at my house Tuesday night and change their ressies to Free Dining! This will save them a good bit, so thank you so much. By September, they will surely need the vacation!! They have been living from "here to there" this past week, and the kids are looking very tired.

They went to WDW with the FDDP package last year for the first time, and they were hooked. I am so glad they are still planning to go, despite all that has happened. The 2 year-old (Emma) went around on Tuesday night sprinkling pixiedust: "pixie dust" pixiedust: all over my house. I asked her what pixie dust is, and she said, "It makes you fwy." Sooooo precious.

:worship::worship::worship: WAY TO GO it is great when neighbours/friends come together in a crisis.

Thanks, 5boyz... but it is truly a privilege. When you see those who have lost LITERALLY EVERYTHING... you can't even get your mind around it. I just keep looking at house after house where there's only a driveway or steps left. This is a community that I lived and ministered in for 20 years. It will never be the same. But the inner beauty of the people here is shining brightly. There has been an outpouring of help and hope for these devastated areas like I have never seen before. This disaster (just for perspective) is rated the same category natural disaster as Hurricane Katrina. I have literally never seen -- with my own eyes -- ANYTHING to compare to this.

So, having people in our home and helping them fight through this is the very least we can do.

pixiedust: Pixiedust right back to you!!

These are the two girls who lost their home, picture taken Easter 2010...
EmmaKate.jpg

Thanks, 5boyz... but it is truly a privilege. When you see those who have lost LITERALLY EVERYTHING... you can't even get your mind around it. I just keep looking at house after house where there's only a driveway or steps left. This is a community that I lived and ministered in for 20 years. It will never be the same. But the inner beauty of the people here is shining brightly. There has been an outpouring of help and hope for these devastated areas like I have never seen before. This disaster (just for perspective) is rated the same category natural disaster as Hurricane Katrina. I have literally never seen -- with my own eyes -- ANYTHING to compare to this.

So, having people in our home and helping them fight through this is the very least we can do.

pixiedust: Pixiedust right back to you!!

These are the two girls who lost their home, picture taken Easter 2010...
EmmaKate.jpg

Hey what size are the girls? I just cleaned out my 4 year olds closet and was going to donate them to GoodWill, but if these girls can use them I will be happy to pay the postage to mail them! Just let me know if this helps (I hope I'm not assuming, they might not want hand-me-downs.) Most of the clothes are just play clothes, but who doesn't need play clothes?

Hey what size are the girls? I just cleaned out my 4 year olds closet and was going to donate them to GoodWill, but if these girls can use them I will be happy to pay the postage to mail them! Just let me know if this helps (I hope I'm not assuming, they might not want hand-me-downs.) Most of the clothes are just play clothes, but who doesn't need play clothes?

Oh, that is just so sweet of you to offer!! I will say that they probably don't need them... as I have said, the outpouring has been amazing. They have tons of clothes that people have already donated and even bought for them right after the storm. And you know how it is at that age, they will probably have outgrown them in a few months. :) But, I will ask their mother just to be sure.

pixiedust: Major pixiedust to you!!

FD promo that came out last week is exciting, but our dates are SEpt 27-Oct 5th. BOO! I REALLY want the free dining package for moderate resorts. This is our first year staying at a moderate, please please please come out with Free dining plan into October. ACK!!

The Hubby and I are heading down with the kids and grandparents in August, with FD. Hoping and praying FD comes out for October so the two of us can go back to celebrate our anniversary!!!! HOPING!!!!:worship:

Oh, that is just so sweet of you to offer!! I will say that they probably don't need them... as I have said, the outpouring has been amazing. They have tons of clothes that people have already donated and even bought for them right after the storm. And you know how it is at that age, they will probably have outgrown them in a few months. :) But, I will ask their mother just to be sure.

pixiedust: Major pixiedust to you!!

No Worries! Just let me know!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter