>> FREE DINING 2011 WATCH - Read Post # 1 BEFORE Posting

CanadianGuy

<font color=green><br><br><font color=blue>Me and
Ok .. there have been a number of threads posting non-public codes for a series of different PIN offers floating around the DIS.

I must take this time to remind everyone of the DIS Posting Guidelines rule on NON Public Codes, entry # 11:

DIS Posting Guidelines said:
As mentioned above, the DIS is all about planning a Disney vacation. On occasion, Disney does release discounts which usually can be obtained via a code. This information will be available in our Discounts section. However, Disney also sends mailings to specific individuals/target groups which contain a discount that can only be obtained with a PIN (personal identification number.) If you receive one of these offers, please do not share your PIN/Code on the DIS for others to use. We respect the fact that these offers are not for the general public and will remove any posts that include this information. Understand that this action is for your protection. For example, say you use Mrs. Smith's code. When you check in and are asked to produce proof that you are Mrs. Smith and cannot do so, you will be charged the full rate.

The offending threads have been removed. There were too many posts to find with the non-public codes to salvage the threads.

But a STRONG reminder ..

Booking vacations on PIN codes that you haven't been assigned thru Disney's offers, could result in your vacation reverting to full price -- perhaps at a very inopportune time and could really impact your travel plans down the road.

And... The DIS takes this very seriously. Further posts with non-public codes will be deleted without notice and infractions may be handed out when applicable.

Thanks,

Knox

Well said.....:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

That being said.....I did receive a pin code for FD for the dates of 7/1-8/31. I believe that this may be a good sign.:banana::banana:

i would tend to agree i think it will be offered in some form or another. :)

Hmmm........any ideas? We booked for August...would love to try to go in Oct or Dec this year........just curious!:rolleyes1

Any extended dates past Oct 1 are pretty much impossible to guess right now. Possible but I don't know if I'd say probable..

I had no plans to get the Free Dining if offered, but I crunched the numbers yesterday and free qsdp would save us close to $200. So hoping that offer comes out or I get a pin!

I hope that free dining, or a room code, will be offered for July and August. Just about any offer would beat our AAA room rate. Come on, pixie dust!!! :goodvibes

If there is to be a new discount, I hope it's offered soon so I can quit wondering if it'll happen and go on with budgeting the trip in the best way with the code.

Since they are sending a pin for July and August.....does this mean that booking is down? Just curious......:confused3

Ok .. there have been a number of threads posting non-public codes for a series of different PIN offers floating around the DIS.

I must take this time to remind everyone of the DIS Posting Guidelines rule on NON Public Codes, entry # 11:

The offending threads have been removed. There were too many posts to find with the non-public codes to salvage the threads.

But a STRONG reminder ..

Booking vacations on PIN codes that you haven't been assigned thru Disney's offers, could result in your vacation reverting to full price -- perhaps at a very inopportune time and could really impact your travel plans down the road.

And... The DIS takes this very seriously. Further posts with non-public codes will be deleted without notice and infractions may be handed out when applicable.

Thanks,

Knox

Thank you for posting this!!! Im new here and was trying to tell everyone what the CM told me yesterday about IF ppl call with the code/pin that's not for there household they could get charge full price and I felt like everyone was laughing at me for saying so. Not saying it would happen, just stating what I was told... Im glad you started this post!!! :thumbsup2

Going slightly off topic, can travel agents call Disney to make a booking for you with your pin code?

Thank you for posting this!!! Im new here and was trying to tell everyone what the CM told me yesterday about IF ppl call with the code/pin that's not for there household they could get charge full price and I felt like everyone was laughing at me for saying so. Not saying it would happen, just stating what I was told... Im glad you started this post!!! :thumbsup2

I dont think ppl were laughing at you....they were "laughing" at the CM telling you that. My CM said the can not do that so you will learn that you will get all different answers from different CM's and things will never change.

I dont think ppl were laughing at you....they were "laughing" at the CM telling you that. My CM said the can not do that so you will learn that you will get all different answers from different CM's and things will never change.

Ya, It seems each CM will tell you something different~:confused3

Ya, It seems each CM will tell you something different~:confused3

Geez I just re read my post....holy that was that ever bad grammar...:lmao:

Aprilntommy you will find most people on here are very nice, so please keep coming back, you will learn so much!!! I would not have been able to go to Disney with my kids the last 6 yrs without this board. I have learned so much and so many ways to help keep the cost down.............:woohoo:

Oh yeah the whole reason I was replying to this was......I was one of those you thought were laughing at you but infact I was aiming my comment at the CM........lol

The thing is somebody said in one the threads that the computer will not let you book if it's not your code. There were several people with mixed results upon calling to book, some had it applied, some didn't. Now, if I called and simply asked if a 3 digit code could be applied to my reservation and the CM applied it, somehow overriding the system, then doesn't the fault lie with the CM?? I'll be darned if i'm going to pay for Disney's mistake, not mine.

I mean, has this ever actually happened to someone, who booked over the phone with a CM applying a code, got a confirmation e-mail for the discounted price, and then was asked to pay more at check-in??

And, I don't think people were laughing at you either, just at the absurdity of that CM's statement.

The booking system will let the Cm's do all kinds of things they shouldn't do.

That said.. some folks who successfully booked may have had the PIN attached but didn't get the email or flyer in the mail for example.

That said.. none of it changes the fact that non-public codes are NOT to be disseminated on the DIS. That's the bottom line... regardless of "luck" booking with them or not. :)

I hope I don't ask anything I'm not supposed to, But I am looking to book a trip in May of this year. May 15-May 19 to be exact. Is there anything at that time offering free dining? I know about the room only discount, checking to see if there's anything else being offered. Free dining would be great! Thank you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter