Free Dining '09

Too bad the affordable rooms at these resorts can only fit families of 4. :mad: .

Go to Riverside or a family suite at ASMU

Sorry, I meant OKW and SS. We are booked this year at POR and I love it - it would just be nice to have some other affordable options :goodvibes .

I dont have any inside info. In fact I live the farthest away from disney that anyone can possibly get.
Who are you then? and what are you basing this info on? I would love it if you are, in fact,correct. Making you also my hero. I already booked family suite at ASMU during Sept. 09. Free Dining and room discount might actually make this trip affordable!!

How does the 09 free dining plan for the UK compare to the one offered for this year? Dates and so forth.

I am Batman. No room discounts at ASMusic, Just OKW and SS.... Im guessing....

Ok, so we were not planning on the bounceback if it were offered BUT IF the bounceback deal is free dining AND a room discount at SS??

I really like this rumor.

Uh oh, would the discount be on the 2 bedroom? We have 6 kids.

Not so sure DH wants to go back again in Sept. but even he couldn't pass up a deal like that.

Speculating on all this is grand fun! Guess we'll know for sure on the 24th as I'm sure somebody who's down there will post :goodvibes . Then, we'll know if mbanks is really Batman or not :rotfl: .

If this does happen, then I plan on dropping the DDP plan I have now, and upgrading to a moderate resort with the free meals. Better resort for the same money. (I'm staying at POP now)

My understanding about what is being offered to UK guests for next year is

Value Resorts - no free dining
Mod Resorts - QS dining plan free
Deluxe Resorts - Regular Dining plan free

In a way, this would make sense. In order to get the free dining, you have to pay rack rate for the room. So why not get the most they can for the room? There will be a certain contingent that is looking for the highest room discount they can get. So if they were to discount the value resorts with a higher percentage, they wouldn't lose as much profit as they would discounting mod and deluxe rooms. They could make it appear that each type of guest is getting a bargain - the value guests by a larger discount and the deluxe and mod guests getting free food. When in reality, Disney is going to make out better on both. Just a guess on my part.

I've always managed to eat well, and for less money, by paying out of pocket than buying or using the dining plan. I save my money by getting a decent discount on the room as well. I just hope they don't block deluxes and mods out of the room only discounts by trying to encourage the dining plans.

My understanding about what is being offered to UK guests for next year is

Value Resorts - no free dining
Mod Resorts - QS dining plan free
Deluxe Resorts - Regular Dining plan free

In a way, this would make sense. In order to get the free dining, you have to pay rack rate for the room. So why not get the most they can for the room? There will be a certain contingent that is looking for the highest room discount they can get. So if they were to discount the value resorts with a higher percentage, they wouldn't lose as much profit as they would discounting mod and deluxe rooms. They could make it appear that each type of guest is getting a bargain - the value guests by a larger discount and the deluxe and mod guests getting free food. When in reality, Disney is going to make out better on both. Just a guess on my part.

I've always managed to eat well, and for less money, by paying out of pocket than buying or using the dining plan. I save my money by getting a decent discount on the room as well. I just hope they don't block deluxes and mods out of the room only discounts by trying to encourage the dining plans.

When the British offer came out for 2008 free dining, it didn't include value resorts. The US offer did.

So we can't actually assume from the British offer that the US offer won't include value resorts. But it might be a good bet that if it does, value resorts will get the quick service plan free.

If you live in the US STOP looking at the UK free dining. It has nothing to do with us.

While I agree completely with Batman on this, I do think it would be a good diea for Disney to do a modified version of the UK plan. Values get the QSDP and moderates and deluxes get the regular DP (maybe with a small added incentive if you book a deluxe). The values sell out for FD, but do the moderates or deluxes? I know I could still get a moderate or any deluxe for my trip right up until the end of the promotion in late June.

As for a discount at OKW or SS in conjunction with FD next year...I was shocked to see how expensive rooms are there! We rented points at SS last year (a studio). It was worth the $129 we paid, but not the $285 that Disney is asking!

I have to say batman was spot on about the AP discount dates this month. While everyone was sitting on the edge of their seats waiting for the DV discount to come first, as it has in previous years, batman said August 13. Sure enough AP rates were released that morning, no DV rates.

I do believe in batman, I do believe in batman! :rotfl:

While I agree completely with Batman on this, I do think it would be a good diea for Disney to do a modified version of the UK plan. Values get the QSDP and moderates and deluxes get the regular DP (maybe with a small added incentive if you book a deluxe). The values sell out for FD, but do the moderates or deluxes? I know I could still get a moderate or any deluxe for my trip right up until the end of the promotion in late June.

As for a discount at OKW or SS in conjunction with FD next year...I was shocked to see how expensive rooms are there! We rented points at SS last year (a studio). It was worth the $129 we paid, but not the $285 that Disney is asking!

Maybe what you're saying would work for disney. And, I'm not sure how to write this without bringing down the usual Disney is a business, blah blah blah rants, but... For our family (Not that our one family will make a difference to Disney :goodvibes ), we will not go if we start to feel that Disney is only for the rich. If I have to stay Deluxe to get the free TS dining or if Disney ever makes good on the better FP system for Deluxe guests, it would take away the magic. There are too many other wonderful vacation options out there and as much as I love Disney, there will be a tipping point where the costs and perceived negative changes outweigh the enjoyment. I'm not saying other families will feel the same, but I know that we will.

If they're gonna offer something free, I'll take it! Planning our first trip next September. One question, do I wait to book to see if free dining is offered or do it now and then do the cancel and rebook thing which seems confusing? I'm just worried about not getting the resort we want. We are planning to stay at CSR.

Thank you:banana:

p.s. Batman rocks!!!

You can book a package with dining now and when the offer is released just call back and tell them to modify it to the free dining offer

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter