Free Dining '09

I will be crossing my fingers that they have free DDP next year and that it won't be the CS plan. However, I have a strange feeling that it might be as this was the package offered to our British friends for 2009.

I'll take the CS plan if its still Free Dining. It helps me considerably especially with me taking my 2 best friends(who have never been before) so whether its CS or the reg DDP, it will still be a deal. Besides I can stuff my self pretty handily at CS most of the time anyways so TS is not always preferred. Also that provides more time for rides & shows since I won't be sitting down long to eat. Bring on the 2009 Bounceback with Free Dining, I sit with fingers crossed waiting.

Will the bounceback offers for free dining in 2009 be offered to those visiting after this year's free dining ends? We're going in Nov and I've been thinking if we got a good enough offer we'd come back at the tail end of free dining (late Sept when hopefully it's not so crowded or hot). Wondering what my chances are?

Yes there will be a free dining bounceback.
Yep, and it will be for the new counter service plan! lol!!! Not that I wouldn't be estatic if it was the regular dining plan, but I don't think so. I guess we will see in the next few weeks.

Will the bounceback offers for free dining in 2009 be offered to those visiting after this year's free dining ends? We're going in Nov and I've been thinking if we got a good enough offer we'd come back at the tail end of free dining (late Sept when hopefully it's not so crowded or hot). Wondering what my chances are?
No, it will be offered to those that are there during the current Free Dining promo. I have never seen it offered into November. Also, it's still blazing hot even at the end of September and we didn't find the crowds too low last year - maybe medium-ish.

Once again, Im going on record saying it will NOT be the CS plan but the regular plus dining.

Mark my words

Once again, Im going on record saying it will NOT be the CS plan but the regular plus dining.

Mark my words

I hope you're right. Without it, I don't think we'll be back next Sept. :sad2: .

mbanks -

Once again, I have marked your words! You are the only one saying this so far...and even though that means it more than likely won't happen, it's at least fun to see someone else optimistic! We would like to upgrade to the DxDDP in 09 since it'll only be DH and I, but if the CSDDP is offered, I'm afraid we may not (which would NOT be the end of the world...more money for tours and souveniers!)

So assuming it is the quick service plan you can just pay the difference of 10pp to get the table service plan?

I understand that the Brits are being offered the regular dining plan if they book deluxe resorts and the counter service dining plan if they book a moderate. The offer doesn't apply to value resorts.

Their dates seem to be August 2 to October 3, 2009 - much longer than this year.

I hope they apply it towards the value resorts cause that would be awesome

This discusson on FREE Dining in 2009 seems best suited to the Restaurants area here on the DIS vs the ThemeParks board.. I'll be moving it to Restaurants.

And on all counts, I agree with mbanks -- on all counts. ;)

This discusson on FREE Dining in 2009 seems best suited to the Restaurants area here on the DIS vs the ThemeParks board.. I'll be moving it to Restaurants.

And on all counts, I agree with mbanks -- on all counts. ;)
You agree that the bouncebackers will get Basic Dining Plan for free? Or do you agree that the General Public Free Dining Plan that will be released in April will be for the Basic Dining Plan? Or do you agree with both of these statements?

I think that there is a possibility that the bouncebackers will get the Basic Dining plan for free next year, but I do not think that the General Public offer that will come out next spring will be for the Basic DP, as I think it will be for the new CS DP. I guess I'm on the record now too. lol!!!

By the way do you and mbanks have some inside info you aren't sharing with the rest of us? You two sound pretty sure of yourselves! lol!!! I actually do hope you are right, the Basic DP being offered during the FD promo is such a great deal for families, especially the size of mine. I guess we will have to see.

I dont have any inside info. In fact I live the farthest away from disney that anyone can possibly get.

We we will be eligible for free dining next Sept if I book while we are there in Jan 09?
Probably not. The bounceback offers for free dining are typically in effect in August and September during the current free dining. Although I think once they may have been offered in December.

Bounceback offers in other time periods have generally been room only offers, not free dining.

Mark my words

I started thinking about this a couple of days ago and I think this is going to be true. From what I understand (and could be wrong) the UK guests last year did not get FD if in a value. From what I understand they had to stay in at least a moderate to get any type of FD. So I think the CS for the UK is actually giving them a better deal/option to stay at a value thus Disney sells more rooms. Now for us in the US we have always gotten the regular DDP plan and really hope this does not change.

I hope I understood the way it is set up for the UK but that seems to be what I have gathered from the boards.

All that being said I think the plan will be exactly the same as this year for 09

CanadianGuy and mbanks - You will be my heroes if you are right about this :goodvibes !

Will I be your hero if you get free dining and a room discount at Old Key West and Saratoga Springs?:]

Will I be your hero if you get free dining and a room discount at Old Key West and Saratoga Springs?:]

For a little while :goodvibes . I might just forget all about you in my excitement :rotfl: .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter