FOTL Pass and Children Losing Them?

LACOOP

Earning My Ears
Do the FOTL passes have to be swiped at the entrances or can a hole be punched in them and then a neck cord put on them so that the kids don't loose their passes?

Sometimes they are swiped, but sometimes they aren't. You could still punch a hole in them and hang them on a lanyard. Just don't punch the hole on the magnetic strip.

We purchased lanyards to put ours on. When we checked in at the RPR, the girl punched holes in our room keys......... then we wore them around our necks at the parks........ very easy!!!

ALSO, they were scanned at every ride!!!!

I plan on carrying all of our passes and then hand them out at each ride/take back up. It is much easier for me and I don't worry that anyone will lose a card. I do this with cruise passes also (coming and going on the ship). You can buy a "safe" type lanyard to wear around your neck, but I just use a little shoulder purse that straps across my chest.

Most of the time, they are swiped.

Remember..if you are staying onsite..these are also room key cards..so, if your kids are not responsible, or old enough..you should hold on to all of them for safe keeping.

It is never to young for a child to learn to be responsible..he loses the card..he can't go to the front of the line. A very good lesson.

Yes, they will replace it, no problem. Also, you can have the card set so that it does not function as a room key, though your room number is never on the card, of course.

They do have charging privileges on the cards, though. I always hang on to all of ours and give them to the attendant. They always seem to realize it is for four of us. My kids are pretty young though.

If you are concerned with that, I would hold on to your children's card. You know how they can get excited and lose it...you don't want that to happen!

At check-in, they always ask if we want the charging privileges on only the adult keys which of course we do. They have the adults sign the cards and only those can be used for charging.

We had our cards punched at check-in, and so we wouldn't have any incidents with safety or loss, my husband and I each wore our own and one son's card on a lanyard. At all of the rides where they swiped the card this wasn't a problem. They also did not worry about names so it didn't matter which child was with whom. At some rides where the cards were not swiped, they just glanced at one for the whole party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter