For those who take yearly trips..how many park days?

10 days was typical of our yearly trip (airfare tends to be cheapest Sat-Tue) with 8-9 days including a water park. We aren’t big on full rest days, so mix up rope drop and sleeping in.

I go anywhere from once a year to 4 times a year, depending on the year. Right now I have an AP, I don't always just depends on the math. I always get Park Hoppers so go to the parks every day of the trip and always, even on arrival day hop. If I know I'm going more than twice in a year, one trip might just be 4 nights. I have an upcoming trip in a few weeks that is 6 nights and I'll go to the parks at least all 6 days, might not go on departure day. I'm guessing the average length is probably 5 nights most of the time. I have never spent the entire day in just one park, even when there were only two parks. For the shorter 4 night trips I still hit all 4 parks and still hop so usually hit all 4 at least twice.

We are at the point of going yearly. It's the best place to Vacation with a special needs kiddo!

Trying to also reel in our spending on our trip since we plan on trying to go once a year. How many park days do you typically do? This trip we have 4 park days..2 MK 1 HS 1 Epcot. Decided to skip AK this year. Last trip was 5 park days. What does your "yearly" trip look like?

I know everyone has a different budget but just curious!
We go every year and do 3 days in the parks with a Park Hopper. MK, AK, and HS during the day and then spend our evenings in Epcot. We're more ride oriented as opposed to shows so generally are able to do 90%-100% of what we want to do using Genie+ which does substantially increase the daily cost.

We tend to go twice a year for 5 to 7 days each trip. We are AP holders, so we tend to go to the parks everyday. Some days it is just pop in for a favorite snack, or one or two rides.

We have always been "park warriors", going to parks every day on a 10-12 day trip. This year, we are doing a 10 day split stay between Polynesian and Old Key West and we plan to take one resort day each resort. Last year for the first time I felt like we were spending too much time in the parks and not enjoying the resorts/Disney Springs enough.

If doing parks every day, I would always suggest a midday break, going to the park say 9-12, break at your hotel 12-3, then back to the parks for the evening. Especially if you're traveling in the summer like we do!

We usually go for a week and get tickets for everyday. With that said we don’t do the parks all day everyday. We stay at BWI and have been know to just walk into Epcot for dinner and not do the parks. We like the option to be able to go everyday even if we don’t go everyday.
That's exactly how we feel. It's just nice to have the option even if we don't exercise it, or even if we just go in to eat or soak up atmosphere for a little while. On our long trips the cost is negligible to have that kind of flexibility. Sometimes even on a resort day when we're resting all day at the pool we might head into a park for dinner--staying on the monorail or Crescent Lake makes it very simple. I know some people may find it a waste of money but it's just two of us.

Its just 2 adults and we are quite active so we are able to keep on the move.
We also know what we like and what we can skip.

We typically get a 3 day park hopper.

This way MK, EPCOT, and HS each get a morning and afternoon.
This is a hot take but AK can be done in 2 hours lol. So we slip it in on whichever day it fits.

I think doing it this way keeps it exciting vs being in one park all day and eventually sitting there like "Do you want to go on POTC for the 4th time today or should we just go back to the resort?".

I prioritize festivals/holidays, so usually I'm only there for a day or two to take advantage of the booths/events. It makes for really short, quick trips but it works better for my work schedule instead of taking off longer (even though the time off kinda equals out with the frequency, it's just easier for getting my shift covered.)

My boyfriend and I go every year (minus COVID). We started off with the standard week stay minus one day on the tickets/hoppers. I dont like to be stuck with planning which park most times. Since we go during Food and Wine fest, we tend to go to Epcot more. But I break it up with the other 3 parks for dinner, rides, shows....etc. Now we go 10/11 but still do the 10 day ticket/hopper. Our flights are always early morning arrival and leaving. So I dont like to waste the tickets we have.

We often only take a 5 day trip with days 1 and 5 as travel days. I'll either get a 3 day park ticket and skip one park, or a 2 day park hopper. Depends on how I'm feeling about the trip. If I have 2 day PHs, I'll do park day-day off-park day. It's enough for me, as I can't ride anything that goes around in circles and I also don't do roller coasters. Big Thunder Mountain is my thrill ride!

In the past, we've done longer trips with either 7 or 10 day tickets. If we go for longer, we don't usually get park hoppers. A 7 day trip (travel days 1 and 7) gives us 2 park days, a day off, and 2 more park days. Longer trips (8-10 park days) mean we get to go at a really leisurely pace, doing partial days in parks and partial days at the resort, Disney Springs, or other fun things to do in the area.

We usually go for 7 - 8 days and have hoppers for every day.

If we want a resort vacation without parks it will be elsewhere.

We are at the point of going yearly. It's the best place to Vacation with a special needs kiddo!

Trying to also reel in our spending on our trip since we plan on trying to go once a year. How many park days do you typically do? This trip we have 4 park days..2 MK 1 HS 1 Epcot. Decided to skip AK this year. Last trip was 5 park days. What does your "yearly" trip look like?

Twice a year (May and late-September/early October)--12 days each!

After visiting almost every year for over 35 years, I usually do about every other day in the park, alternated with pool, DS, visiting community halls, visiting other resorts, etc. For example, my last stay was 8 days, of which 4 were park days (spent 2 days each in 2 parks). Other days, I slept in, had a late breakfast, rode the skyliner to visit a different resort, went to sit around the pool, visited community halls, did resort activities.

We usually do 2-3 park days every year and then 1 big trip every 2-3 years that includes a full week with a day at each park and rest days.

This is just how things have worked out. I didn't necessarily plan it out this way but it works.

If I am on annual passes:
and flying: I try to make it a 10 day trip with 8 or 9 park days.
and driving: it takes 2 days so we make it a 2 week trip and 12 park days (possibly a day at beach or Universal too).

If not on annual passes, I only fly, and it will be 6 or 7 park days.

It's mostly about budget. I am usually on DVC points for hotel, annual pass for parks. So it's travel cost, food, and shopping for the trip.

We have APs and typically have done day trips, or 2 or 3 night trips. We also have DVC, and are Marriott Elite.

This Summer we are trying a 6 night stay, we will arrive Sunday afternoon and stay through Saturday lunchtime or so.

We have made reservations for every day in the parks, but likely will go in them on Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday - and likely not park hop. We are not big fans of park hopping, though we do occasionally do it. If there was a cheaper AP option that did not include park hopping, I would get that for example.

We for years and years would do a week long stay annually (extended family group) staying offsite (so many really nice reasonably priced condos -- usually we'd rent a timeshare condo or two or three from an owner depending on how many people -- usually three condos). We would just do three parks a trip and do resort / pool days or smaller Orlando attractions. And for us it was usually one park day at SeaWorld and just two Disney park days (the MK and one other park). On occasion we'd do a day at Universal but just every eight or so years. When SeaWorld had the second day free deal, we'd do two days at SeaWorld and one Disney park. Usually we'd do a park every other day with a resort day following each park day. Sometimes too we'd just do two parks and replace the third park with a day trip to Clearwater Beach or on occasion Kennedy Space Center -- the beach was much more common. It was so much fun to get the cousins from all over the country together -- great memories with extended family. Pool time, playing games, cooking out together, playing tennis, hanging in the hot tub were a big part of the fun - just being together.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter