For all that are having a sad Christmas…

We celebrated yesterday with our son, daughter in law, grand dog and grandson to be. I am struggling a bit as it’s coming up on the first anniversary of my dad’s death, 1/1/23, 87 years old from suicide. They stayed overnight, we had a nice breakfast and they headed home as they work tomorrow. We will spend NYs together as a family to get through the anniversary. However, our underlying concern, which we didn’t talk about over our Christmas festivities, our daughter in laws AFP result was high. She is going to be scanned on Thursday morning to see if baby has spina bifida. She may also need an amniocentesis. Just not feeling it this year. We do realizes we are blessed to have each other and a strong family unit.

We celebrated yesterday with our son, daughter in law, grand dog and grandson to be. I am struggling a bit as it’s coming up on the first anniversary of my dad’s death, 1/1/23, 87 years old from suicide. They stayed overnight, we had a nice breakfast and they headed home as they work tomorrow. We will spend NYs together as a family to get through the anniversary. However, our underlying concern, which we didn’t talk about over our Christmas festivities, our daughter in laws AFP result was high. She is going to be scanned on Thursday morning to see if baby has spina bifida. She may also need an amniocentesis. Just not feeling it this year. We do realizes we are blessed to have each other and a strong family unit.
Thank you for sharing. You have every right to feel how you feel.

As Dan Murphy said in a similar thread "It will get better"

Thank you so much for your thoughtfulness. This is not a particularly happy Christmas for me, but I try to dwell on the many blessings that I have.

Thank you. It's been a disaster. Blah.

1703541262030.png Sending hugs your way!

Hugs to you.

During times in my life (divorce, living through teenaged wasteland years, death of a loved one) when the holidays coincided with life’s challenges I reached deep inside and recalled different aspects of life that inspired me: music, books, long walks and particular to the holidays, light displays. Each and all helped me to remember why I was still here and what is my purpose.

Just find what gives you joy and use it.
I hope variations on this formula works for you.

Thankyou for this thread. As you may know, I have been battling with mental health demons for the last two decades. And just before Christmas, everything came to a head. I was forced to abandon a Mood Stabiliser drug as it had run the risk of becoming carcinogenic and have been tapering off for the last three weeks, replacing it VERY slowly with a rare new med. As a result, I have been a right ol' misery boots to be around! But knowing that there are fantastic people out there on the DIS has kept me strong. Thankyou, one and all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter