FOOD OVERLOAD - Our 8 Day Report on the Dining Plan (w/Pics)(Updated:Jan 17 w/Day 7)

Thanks for the reviews. These are just the sort of reviews I hope for and you have taken fantastic photos of everything. Looking forward to more. The prices are really helpful as everywhere so far is on our list for 2007. :sunny:

Happy Holidays All!

Hope everyone has had a great time!

December 4th
Day 4

12:20pm
Coronado Springs
Pepper Market

My Mom had the Chinese special. It was a beef and broccoli plate with rice and a spring roll. She says it was very filling and loved again how fresh the food was.

IMG_0571.jpg

I had the chicken quesadilla. After seeing my mom have it the first day I had to have one. It was so good, and it came with rice and beans which are so good. They may look gross but so yummy.

IMG_0569.jpg

IMG_0570.jpg

Bill (Not Exact)

Chicken Quesadilla - $ 11.95
Beef + Brocolli - $14.95
Lemonade - $1.99
Lemonade - $1.99
Muffin - $3.99
Muffin - $3.99
Sub-Total - $38.86
10% Grats - $3.88
Total - $42.74
Cost to Us : $0.00
Credits Remaining – 6 Counter Service

6:40pm
MGM
Sci Fi Café

Overall Service –
First of the atmosphere of this place is so cool. It’s a surreal experience. We were taken to our table right on time. Our waiter Brent was amazing and had the ability to remember up to 2 cars orders without writing it down! We were in a yellow car in the back.

The Drinks- My mom had the Lunar Lander with amaretto, peach schnapps and orange juice. She said it was smooth, sweet and tangy at the same time, plus it looked really cool.

IMG_0586.jpg

I had the Space Monkey which is a chocolate shake, Malibu rum, and banana liqueur. It was to die for!!!!! (It's on the left -lemonade on the right)

IMG_0593.jpg

My mom had the7 Bean Beef Chili - Finished with shredded Cheddar, Pico DeGallo, and Tortilla Chips. It wasn’t super hot, and the beans were nice and tender and she found they gave you just enough that it wasn’t overly stuffing as an appetizer.

IMG_0587.jpg

I had the Crispy Onion Rings - A generous portion of Battered Onion Rings. They were great. There’s not much to say other then they were delicious and if given the opportunity could have made a meal of them.

IMG_0585.jpg

My mom then had the Slow Roasted Baby Back BBQ Ribs - basted in BBQ sauce, served with Cole Slaw and fries. They were fork tender and the portion was huge, ad it was a nice sweet sauce.

IMG_0595.jpg

I had the Barbecued Chicken Breast Sandwich - topped with smoked gouda cheese, crispy onion straws on a kaiser roll, with fries. First off I was feeling a but under the weather at this point (not due to food though) So my hunger level dropped from being hungry to pretty much appalled by all things food. So I really only had about 5 bits of this. So I took the chicken out and had a few bites and it REALLY good, but I just couldn’t eat it. It’s defiantly something I would want to re-try in healthier times.

IMG_0594.jpg

Since I wasn’t feeling all that swell and my mom was pretty stuffed we got our desserts to go. We got the

Cheesecake – It was okay and smooth, but my mom found with all the candy it was a bit overwhelming.

IMG_0667.jpg

Chocolate Tart- It was really rich, but it wasn’t anything extraordinary. Hopefully if we eat here again we can eat in and enjoy those sundae’s that looked so good.

IMG_0668.jpg

Bill (Not Exact)
Onion Rings - $6.99
Chilli - $5.19
Ribs - $16.99
Chicken Sandwich - $14.19
Lemonade - $2.79
Lemonade - $2.79
Cheesecake - $5.19
Chocolate Tart - $5.19
Sub-total - $59.32
18% Grat - $10.67
Total - $69.99
Credits Remaining – 6 Table Service

Drinks (Exact)
Lunar Landing - $9.25
Space Monkey - $9.25

Subtotal - $18.50
18% Grat - $3.33
Tax - $1.21

Cost to Us - $23.04

Even though I wasn’t feeling great we had to do the Osborne Lights. And this is where my mom got some cool snacks. Some fresh roasted nuts and some cashews. – Cost 2 snack credits.

IMG_0624.jpg

Coming Up Next time – Some take out dinner after a long day at Universal

Your reviews are just fabulous!! Thanks for posting them and all the photos. Can't wait for the rest!

YUMMY!! LOVE the pics of the alcoholic beverages! Might need to get me a few of those. :cool1:

Great reviews - thanks for sharing! :) Your photo of the Dream-tini reminds me sooo much of the Glow-tini I had at the Rose & Crown in Epcot back in October - Yum!:goodvibes

Great pics! Can't wait to try O'Hanas next time we go :)

GREAT REVIEWS. You are making my so hungry and it's time for sleep not eat!!! I can't wait for our February trip!!!!! Thanks for sharing with all of us.

Lynn

I want a Dreamtini!!!!!!!!!! That was beautiful.

Can't wait to see Coral Reef.

Thanks for sharing.

Fantastic reviews, keep it up! :thumbsup2 Love the pictures and the quick links at the beginning. Think I might mosey over to your trippie...

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and add pictures. Looks like you had a marvelous time!

Thanks everyone!!

The dreamtini was very good. I actually ended up having it twice. :drinking1

I hope to have Corel Reef posted sometime today.. if not tomorrow for sure.

Happy New Year!! party:

Hey All!

Thanks again to everyone who has been reading. Both me and my mom are just amazed and thrilled by the amount of people reading and responding.

This post is going to be combination of Day 5 + 6 (Dec 5 + 6) On Day 5 we went to Universal studios for the first time. We ended up only eating a small lunch at a pub called Finnigans’s. I highly recommend it as for the same price as some fast food around the park you can get a really yummy appetizer there for the same price. I didn’t take any pictures (ahhh) I guess because I wasn’t in Disney my mind just forgot. But we got 2 orders of Chicken Stingers (spicy chicken fingers) and 2 sprites for $21.73

That night we had a chill day at the hotel and we went and got our food as a take out order.

I got the Fetticinni Alfredo w/ chicken and vegetables. I know it looks so disgusting in take-out format, but I promise it was really good.

IMG_0700.jpg

My mom got chicken wings and fries. It was a lot of wings. She said it came with 14 wings, and again they were made completely fresh to order.

IMG_0701.jpg

IMG_0702.jpg

The Bill: (Not exact)

Pasta - $11.95
Wings - $13.95
Lemonade -$1.99
Lemonade -$1.99
Muffin - $3.99
Muffin - $3.99
Sub Total – $37.86
10% Grat - $3.78
Total – $41.64
Cost To Us - $0.00
Credits remaining – 4 Counter Service Remaining

Day 6
December 6

Food Food Food Day.

Since we didn’t use any table service for our Universal Day. We had TWO Table services today. I feel stuffed already.

Corel Reef
Epcot
12:00pm

Overall Service:

Wow, the atmosphere here is just spectacular. I think it took me and my mom forever to finish our meals as every 2 seconds we were dropping our forks and going “look at the shark” “Look at the turtle” etc etc. We were seated right on time, and our server Brian was really friendly. We got talking about where we were from and he told us how he had a lot of family and friends in Toronto but he has yet to visit because all his friends and family always come to his house to “vacation”

This was I think 1 of 2 table service meals where we did not order anything to drink. They had some good drinks but many we had seen before (dreamtini etc) and it was lunch and we knew we had a busy day ahead of us.

Bread

IMG_0731.jpg

I had the Mixed Greens Salad with blue cheese dressing or Key Lime herb vinaigrette. The dressing was interesting, but it wasn’t anything special.

IMG_0729.jpg

My mom had the Shrimp Cocktail - served with Asian noodle salad. She said it was good but not what she was expecting. She was expecting a more classic shrimp cocktail.

IMG_0728.jpg

I had the Grilled Chicken Breast -with roasted Yukon potatoes, caramelized leeks, and pancetta vinaigrette. I don’t do seafood lol It was actually really really good. Probably some of the best chicken I’ve ever had. It was just really tasty.

IMG_0732.jpg

My mom had the Prime Rib served with baked potato and green beans, the meat was fork tender and cooked to perfection, the potato was just the right size and beans were al dente.

IMG_0733.jpg

For desert my mom had the Butterscotch Brulee - Butterscotch Cream with fresh berries. She loves brulee and it’s one of those things you don’t get too often, the desert was just the right amount and was quite light and fluffy, like a good brulee should be.

IMG_0735.jpg

I had the infamous Chocolate Wave - Warm dark chocolate with a white chocolate Grand Marnier center with chocolate ganache and white chocolate ice cream. All I can say is OH MY GOD. This was the best dessert of the whole trip, which is saying a lot. It was warm and gooey and just amazing.

IMG_0734.jpg

The Bill (Exact)
Brulee - $7.99
Shrimp - $9.99
Prime Rib - $20.99
Lemonade - $2.19
Chicken - $16.99
Lemonade - $2.19
Mixed Greens - $5.99
Wave - $7.99
Subtotal - $74.32
18% Grat – $13.38
Tax - $4.84
Total -$92.54
Cost To Us - $0.00
Credits Remaining – 4 Table Service

After lunch me and my mom headed to the Grand Floridian to see the Gingerbread house. At this point we were going to head back to the hotel for our break when it dawned on us we had yet to have a Dole Whip Float. And the next time we were going to be back in the MK would be for MVMCP and it’s not open. So stuffed silly we headed by boat to the MK for our dole whip.

What an amazing creation, part drink, part dessert. Very good. Well worth the detour.

IMG_0759.jpg

Bill (Not Exact)
Float - $3.99
Float - $3.99
Total - $7.98
Cost to us - $0.00
Credits Remaining – 6 Snacks

Whispering Canyon Café
Wilderness Lodge
9:00pm

Overall Service: First off, I have no pictures except for dessert. We were just so exhausted we just forgot. As a little pre-story without intending to me and my mom had a full 3 park day with no breaks. So exhausted was an understatement, but we were looking forward to a good meal and some good entertainment.

We arrive about 8:30, so we decided to check in just so we could go sit for a while in the lobby. We were given attitude about being early and I explained we had no intentions of getting a table early we were just here early so wanted to get our buzzer and go and relax. The girl again told us with attitude as she handed us our buzzer they were very busy and we would not be getting in early. So it took me and my mom about 1min to walk to the comfy chairs at the other end of the lobby. We sat for no more then 3 minutes when our buzzer goes off. When we went to check in though it was a different lady at the table. Now I am the queen of sarcasm and double talk and that original lady had none of that in her voice, it wasn’t part of the act, she was just plain rude.

I’m not going to give the name of our server, because I don’t like bad mouthing people specifically, especially since she seemed to be having a great time with everyone but us. We got our drinks and ordered our skillets and were talking to the family beside us, we were joking back and forth with them and our waitress noticed, she then came and said something and I made a joke with her and then with the family. At this point me and my mom assumed we were “in” We obviously weren’t two stuffy adults who just wanted a meal, we were willing to play. We waved our napkins in the air, and cheered and laughed for races. But our waitress never again joked with us, and our service was extremely slow. We were never offered a refill on anything on our skillet until 30minutes in. By time we were done dinner me and my mom were just really tired and decided we should just skip out and take the dessert to go. So our waitress came and we told her, and she said she understood completely. 20minutes later, no desserts and no bill. Finally the 2 desserts arrive but the bill didn’t come for another 10minutes after that, and of course she had forgotten we were on the dining plan, which any other time would not be a big deal, but here it was another 10minutes before we got out of there. So much for saving time. In the end this meal was our worst of the entire trip, including counter services! The skillet although good, was nothing to write home about and the service was completely lacking. The atmosphere was interesting and we saw a lot of people having fun with their servers (and even with our own) But for some reason we were blacklisted and it was enough for us not to want to go back again.

Here are pics of our take home dessert

Happiest Celebration on Earth Dessert - warm chocolate S'more cake, chocolate sauce, Graham cracker crumbs, Graham cracker meringue cookie and topped with a toasted meringue peak. Again, okay but nothing compared to the other desserts we’d been having

IMG_0772.jpg

Kahlua-flavored Chocolate Cake - chocolate mousse filling and fudge icing. Tasted like normal chocolate cake to me.

IMG_0771.jpg

Bill (Exact)
Skillet - $22.48
Skillet - $22.48
Lemonade - $2.19
Lemonade - $2.19
Cheesecake - $5.49
Choc. Cake - $5.99
Subtotal - $60.84
18% Grat – $10.95
Tax – $3.96
Total - $75.75
Cost to us - $0.00
Credits Remaining – 2 Table Service

Coming up next

Our last day and the best meal of the trip Le Cellier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter