Flying out of Pearson

Hi all! We flew out of Pearson on Dec 29th 11AM flight to Fort Lauderdale, we arrived 2 hours before the flight. The security line was quick, but the US customs took us a hour to get by. The lines were not long but it seemed like they were taking the people who had the MBC app first, they was staff who kept calling out for people with the app completed. A few people were getting agitated and one asked why she was being bypassed and the US border officer replied they have the app completed and you do not. Just a heads up.

Hi all! We flew out of Pearson on Dec 29th 11AM flight to Fort Lauderdale, we arrived 2 hours before the flight. The security line was quick, but the US customs took us a hour to get by. The lines were not long but it seemed like they were taking the people who had the MBC app first, they was staff who kept calling out for people with the app completed. A few people were getting agitated and one asked why she was being bypassed and the US border officer replied they have the app completed and you do not. Just a heads up.
hi just to clarify, do you mean MPC (mobile passport control) I googled because I wasn't sure what app you mean and that's the only thing I found that seems correct? I will definitely look into that if so. thanks for the heads up!

3 different families I know flew out within a 24 hour period Sun/Mon this week and all were fine.

One family of 5 flew YYZ - MCO
One person flew YYZ - RSW (Tampa)
One family of 5 flew YYZ- CLT (Charlotte)

3 different routes, 3 different airlines. All had smooth travel experiences through Pearson.

We flew out on Dec 17th on a 6:15 a.m. flight... I'm glad we got to the airport around 3:30 a.m. because the line was enormous by the time they opened the security doors. We weren't near the front of it, and it was stressful for even us. We lucked out at US border control as they started a new line right around where we were standing. Once we got through that, we had just enough time to grab an order of Starbucks and then boarding began.

We used MPC app and shorter line at Pearson for our 7:30am flight during this past Christmas holiday. We got there at 5:00am and arrived the gate at 6:00am... we napped at the gate for another hour before boarding.

Thanks for the information about the app. I will definitely load it onto my phone for use when we go through Pearson in April. Anything to cut down on the time in line is good in my books. It's always tense when you have to fly in from another airport and then do customs etc before continuing on,

I've left myself with a 3 hour layover "just in case". Our flight out of Ottawa is the first one of the day so I hope it leaves on time.

Travel these days is full of little stresses.

We flew out on Dec 17th on a 6:15 a.m. flight... I'm glad we got to the airport around 3:30 a.m. because the line was enormous by the time they opened the security doors. We weren't near the front of it, and it was stressful for even us. We lucked out at US border control as they started a new line right around where we were standing. Once we got through that, we had just enough time to grab an order of Starbucks and then boarding began.
when you arrived at 330 were any of the restaurants open? I'm hoping Timmies will be open but will pack snacks for the kids just in case

when you arrived at 330 were any of the restaurants open? I'm hoping Timmies will be open but will pack snacks for the kids just in case
We were stuck in the security line til we got through both security and US customs. When we got through to our gate at probably 5:15 or so, the stores and Starbucks were open.

We fly in from Halifax to Pearson at 10:30 pm and connect to MCO leaving at 7:30 am, so overnight in Pearson. Is there anything open through the night to grab a bite or drink?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter