Flickr

i just went there for the second or third time ever( flicker) ..now i am pretty depressed..some of them have to be pro pros...maybe it 20 or so yrs and with $20,000+ of equipment i might be good enough to wipe their lenses:sad2: but i will go to the disphoto if i can..

This flickr group isn't specific to the Disboards but there a several of us on it and everyone is welcome. We have more than 500 members with new photos being posted every day. Focus on Disney World

There are Disneyland groups, but Focus on Disney World welcomes DL photos as well - it's a pretty casual group.

"Everyone interested in Disney photography is welcome here - even if your photos are from other Disney properties."

There are Disneyland groups, but Focus on Disney World welcomes DL photos as well - it's a pretty casual group.

"Everyone interested in Disney photography is welcome here - even if your photos are from other Disney properties."

:woohoo: Cool! Thanks for the info!

I dont know how to insert photos from my flickr acount into posts here on the dis. I see it all the time, but was wondering if someone could tell me how to do that.
I dont know how to get the code from the site..etc..
Thanks so much!

I dont know how to insert photos from my flickr acount into posts here on the dis. I see it all the time, but was wondering if someone could tell me how to do that.
Thanks so much!

On the page of the photo you want you, click on all sizes. Then what I do for posting here of the dis is click on medium, on the bottom of that page it says "Grab the photo's URL:" click on that link and copy it. Next you insert that link into the insert picture link in the post. I hope that makes sense :goodvibes

Thanks so much!

Posting from flickr can be a lot more tricky than other sites...

Here is how I do it:

Click on the photo you want to post.

Click on the All Sizes Tab, then click on medium (best size for this board). You want to copy the html from the box under 2. Grab the photos URL:

Then come back here and start a new post. Click on the Insert Image icon above where you type then copy the URL to that box.

2122745513_204f186202.jpg

That will work, however, based on flickr's rules that specify that if you post a Flickr photo on an external website, the photo must link back to its photo page, you are not done if you want to follow the rules.

To link that picture back to its page there is another step before copying the image...

Again, click on the photo you want in your flickr gallery. Copy the address of the page, then come back to Dis and make a new post. Click on the Insert Link icon and copy the address here. You will see the link added to your post, you will also see a highlighted part of it. Don't type anything else. First click on the Insert Image then go back to your flickr page and click on the All Sizes tab, click on medium and copy the URL from option 2. Go back to Dis and copy that URL into the box that pops up when you clicked on the Insert Image tab.

Your photo is now linked, as per the flickr rules, back to its page.

You'll notice that if you put your cursor over my 1st pic you only get the arrow, but put it over the 2nd pic you get the little pointy finger and can click on it to go directly to my flickr page.

I've tried all kinds of other options and this one seems to be the only one that works correctly on this board.

Flickr says that if you click on option 1. after clicking on the All sizes tab that it will allow the picture and link to work correctly, but it doesn't here.

If you want to see exactly what I typed out, then Quote this post and you will see the html typed out.

It would be nice of them to have the second option built into Flickr...I for one always forget to link it back.... O well.

and viola! I was able to do it, although I had to make some changes by adding in URL and IMG in the places you did, and also deleting some of the info as well..
Is photobucket any easier?

and viola! I was able to do it, although I had to make some changes by adding in URL and IMG in the places you did, and also deleting some of the info as well..
Is photobucket any easier?

Photobucket is MUCH easier, though they don't store the photos in their original size. For just using as posting pics to a message board, photobucket is one of the easiest. 1 click from photobucket, then 1 click onto the message board.

Smugmug is also pretty easy.

If any of you use Flickr for photo hosting, you might want to read this. Even though photographers have the option to declare their works as part of "Creative Commons" for public use or "All Rights Reserved" copyrighted, photographer Jim Goldstein has documented cases of where 3rd party web sites (such as companies that sell cell phone wallpaper) have been given access to the full Flickr library without regard to the protection status selected by the image owners... "How Every Flickr Photo Ended Up on Sale This Weekend"

Flickr apparently is aware of the loopholes in their software, but so far has refused to do anything about it.

Wow, that is horrifying! I actually have to keep some of my photos on flickr downloadable since the zoo I take photographs for need to access them, but I have been switching my other to all rights reserved. Hopefully flickr addresses this soon but I'll be looking at hosting my photos elsewhere.

I recently switched to smugmug but still have about 200 images on flickr. I'm in the process now of removing all my tags and removing my images from groups. I haven't uploaded an image to flickr in months and haven't gotten any comments or favorites in about as long so I'm guessing my stuff is burried deep in the search. At least not having any tags are being in any groups will make it that much harder to find the images I do have.

I'm not quite ready to delete the images from there at this time. But I probably will eventually.

I rarely put any tags on my flickr images, and probably 99% of them only friends and family can see.

An interesting story, about how you may unknowingly make money from Flickr.

Flickr, a popular online photo-sharing site owned by Yahoo, is teaming up with Getty Images to offer shutterbugs a chance to turn their hobby into a moneymaking endeavor.

Under a partnership announced this week, Getty's editors will peruse Flickr to find pictures that may appeal to newspapers, magazines, book publishers, advertising agencies and other businesses. Getty will then contact photographers who posted shots with sales potential to see if they're interested in licensing the pictures. Any ensuing sales will be split between Getty and the participating photographers.

The arrangement marks the latest example of how the web is creating opportunities for people outside the traditional media industry to get paid for their photographic, writing or reporting skills. The phenomenon is sometimes known as "citizen journalism."

It's the first time that Flickr has set up a sales channel since the site started four years ago. Yahoo bought the service for about $US35 million in 2005. Since then, Flickr has established itself as one of the internet's leading spots for amateur photography. More than 2 billion pictures have been posted by the site's 27 million members.

Thoughts?

I think if I lucked into a shot they liked I'd be willing to split some money off of something that I would most likely never earn a penny from otherwise... something is better than nothing and all that... any of the pros are already going to be out there trying to make money anyway. This project will likely be like a photographic American Idol - a few good ones that can succeed, some so-so contributions, and the rest a lot of wasted time... only not as funny as William Hung. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter