First Timer (Non-DVC) - Help me understand

You can also look on www.redweek.com to rent weeks from owners. I've done that with other DVC rentals, and it's often less than David's.

There is also the Marriott Ko Olina Beach Club right next door - not Disney, but it's near and dear to my heart (we own there, and after walking around Aulani, we prefer the Marriott for many reasons, although it isn't Disney!). They always have lots of weeks for rent on redweek.

Another vote for renting directly with a DVC owner thru the dvc-rent/trade board here on the DIS. In the past, we've posted our points for rent over there with reliable, convenient and standard contracted rental terms and never had a problem. If you are considering renting points, I highly recommend starting here: http://www.disboards.com/forums/dvc-rent-trade.29/

Have you tried a split stay? (a few days in one category and then a few days in another)

When is the trip? We book ours 12 months in advance to use our weeks (this next summer, I booked 13 months since we can do that booking 2 consecutive weeks, and I'm going for over a month since I split our 2br into studio first 2 weeks and 1br next two two and added a couple days cash with discount).

Is it far in the future, or too soon? Hope you can find something that works for you!

Sorta. I have 4 alternative room categories. I'm not sure if adjusting my dates by a day would help or if it's just completely sold out.

If you can adjust your dates give it a try (I know Davids will tell you if certain days within your window are available so there just might be no availability)...if that doesnt work at least you have all this info for future planning. Good luck...

When is the trip? We book ours 12 months in advance to use our weeks (this next summer, I booked 13 months since we can do that booking 2 consecutive weeks, and I'm going for over a month since I split our 2br into studio first 2 weeks and 1br next two two and added a couple days cash with discount).

Is it far in the future, or too soon? Hope you can find something that works for you!
Sounds like a wonderful plan!! In my case, it's too soon. Serves me right for procrastinating!

If you can adjust your dates give it a try (I know Davids will tell you if certain days within your window are available so there just might be no availability)...if that doesnt work at least you have all this info for future planning. Good luck...
Dadid's replied:
"I have checked room availability of all accommodations at Aulani (Hawaii) for availability and unfortunately they are all sold out for your dates. I have issued a refund for your deposit as there are no rooms that meet your requests."
Should I email them back and ask to adjust the dates? Or do you think it sounds like it's pretty solid?

Dadid's replied:
"I have checked room availability of all accommodations at Aulani (Hawaii) for availability and unfortunately they are all sold out for your dates. I have issued a refund for your deposit as there are no rooms that meet your requests."
Should I email them back and ask to adjust the dates? Or do you think it sounds like it's pretty solid?

I think they would have told you if there was anything for even on or two of your days. They are very accommodating so if you can move your dates around you can always try again but it sounds to me like a day wont make a difference.

I think they would have told you if there was anything for even on or two of your days. They are very accommodating so if you can move your dates around you can always try again but it sounds to me like a day wont make a difference.
That's what I was thinking too!

Anytime between 6/10/17-6/20/17. Pretty soon, I know.
June is probably the most popular booking month for Aulani. One big factor in June being so popular is due to Aulani's point calendar: Most of June is in the cheaper Choice Season, while much of the rest of the summer is in the expensive Premier Season. A 7-night stay in an Ocean View studio during Choice Season is 182 points, but that same stay jumps almost 20% to 217 points during the Premier. Thus, many guests who can be flexible with their vacation dates are trying to squeeze into the cheaper June dates.

So, it doesn't surprise me that you are having difficulty finding availability for June at this late date.

If you pushed your trip back to 2018 and tried to rent points at the 11 month or even 7 month mark you'll probably get your June dates. But for this year, you might need to pay cash to Disney for June 2017.

June is probably the most popular booking month for Aulani. One big factor in June being so popular is due to Aulani's point calendar: Most of June is in the cheaper Choice Season, while much of the rest of the summer is in the expensive Premier Season. A 7-night stay in an Ocean View studio during Choice Season is 182 points, but that same stay jumps almost 20% to 217 points during the Premier. Thus, many guests who can be flexible with their vacation dates are trying to squeeze into the cheaper June dates.

So, it doesn't surprise me that you are having difficulty finding availability for June at this late date.

If you pushed your trip back to 2018 and tried to rent points at the 11 month or even 7 month mark you'll probably get your June dates. But for this year, you might need to pay cash to Disney for June 2017.
That's so interesting!! Thanks so much for the information! Yes, I can get a cash Rez but it's almost double the $. I'm going to think hard about it!

Hi again! My DD and I get there at the Marriott on June 17!

Have you considered the Marriott for a week, then a few nights at Aulani? I know it's not Disney, but if you're out exploring anyway you'd get the best of both worlds then.

There are some rentals available on redweek - I see a 2br mountain view for $3,200 for the week starting June 10th, just to give you an idea. Not sure what size you need, but most rentals are 2br units or studios (the owners likely locked it off as they only needed the one bedroom).

unfortunately no good inventory for the entire month of June.

aulani0001_zpspoo4xi3g.jpg

aulani0002_zpsmqqudig7.jpg

Last wk in Aug and beyond were available since they are outside the 7 mo. booking window and can only be rented with an Aulani owners points.

Hi again! My DD and I get there at the Marriott on June 17!

Have you considered the Marriott for a week, then a few nights at Aulani? I know it's not Disney, but if you're out exploring anyway you'd get the best of both worlds then.

There are some rentals available on redweek - I see a 2br mountain view for $3,200 for the week starting June 10th, just to give you an idea. Not sure what size you need, but most rentals are 2br units or studios (the owners likely locked it off as they only needed the one bedroom).[/Q

!
Thank you for the great advice. From the PP after yours, it looks like a lost cause for Aulani through points renting. I will consider the Marriott. I have two days to confirm the cash reservation so I have a lot of thinking to do!

unfortunately no good inventory for the entire month of June.

aulani0001_zpspoo4xi3g.jpg

aulani0002_zpsmqqudig7.jpg

Last wk in Aug and beyond were available since they are outside the 7 mo. booking window and can only be rented with an Aulani owners points.
Wow! I was so naive! I can only laugh at myself! Thank you for going to all of that trouble. I really appreciate it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter