• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

First Time Help

Michele1106

Earning My Ears
Hi
My husband and I are taking our two kids (13
/ 9) to universal for the first time next June. We all love rides and want to go on everything. We will stay at Royal Pacific to get the express passes. Is a week too long? We were thinking 3 days for the parks, 1 day for Volcano Bay and couple days to relax by the pool. Thoughts?

I would suggest just getting APs so you can come & go at your leisure, & not worry about committing to full park days and full resort days. With the parks right there, I would have a hard time not popping in at all for multiple days. Then you can also do Volcano Bay a few mornings and/or afternoons. Just gives a lot more freedom to be spontaneous & not have to try to structure days.

Also do go on the water rides, but know you will be soaked on the Popeye Barges & Dudley Dooright Flume. Wring out the panties soaked. Plan accordingly.

Last edited:
A week sounds great. Three days is enough to do the parks, but I will say we do five days at the parks. Just so we don’t feel rushed, but it’s not necessary with EPs. Also, our kids love to ride all the rides more than once.

We do park hop, but it’s not necessary (unless you want to ride the Harry Potter train). We do 2 days at resort. We also go to Citywalk for dinner.

We’ve never done Volcano Bay, but hear it’s great.

I would suggest just getting APs so you can come & go at your leisure, & not worry about committing to full park days and full resort days. With the parks right there, I would have a hard time not popping in at all for multiple days. Then you can also doa few mornings and/or afternoons. Just gives a lot more freedom to be spontaneous & not have to try to structure days.

Also do go on the water rides, but know you will be soaked on the Popeye Barges & Dudley Dooright Flume. Wring out the panties soaked. Plan accordingly.
Yeah I would also recommend APs and you may be able to get AP prices on your room

I usually go for about 10 days so I don't see 5 as an issue at all - there is a lot more to do than people give universal credit for and its nice to not be rushed at all - of course with kids it might be a different story.

Popeyes barges is a lot of fun - be sure to check out the ship in that area as well - there are three free squirt guns that you can use to squirt the people on the rides which is a lot of fun - I can spend hours there

Also keep in mind you can pool hop - so check out the pool at Sapphire Falls - also I assume that includes Cabana Bay which has the lazy river etc...

If you are trying to do everything, then 5 days is about right. You can also spend part of the day in the park, go back to the hotel for a break, and then return to the park later in the day.

Also, some of the shows are enjoyable. They are not as elaborate as Disney, but still highly entertaining.

I'll agree about the AP! PLus you get discounts! Take your time and plan for midday breaks to swim at resort or rest in the a/c. Everyone will be much nicer if you do--trust me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter