Steakhouse 71 or Boathouse?

winnieofpooh

DIS Veteran
We're planning a non-park trip over fourth of July, and we're bringing my almost 2 year old and my parents (who haven't been to Disney in 15+ years). We have one free night left for a dinner reservation, and we've narrowed it down to Boathouse and Steakhouse 71. My husband and I have eaten at both places, my parents obviously haven't eaten at either. We currently are planning our other reservations for Homecoming and Summerhouse on the Lake. My mom is allergic to seafood, so she'd be restricted to steak/burgers at Boathouse, but my dad enjoys seafood so I'm sure he'd like the variety. But I like that Steakhouse 71 is at Contemporary, and could give us the opportunity to resort hop and just have a change of scenery from Disney Springs. Any suggestions?

l know that others have had good experiences, but we have tried Boathouse twice and thought it was just okay. Good food, but overpriced and mediocre service. Meanwhile, every meal at Steakhouse 71 (and previously at the Wave) has been excellent. Great food, reasonable prices for the menu they offer, and outstanding service. Since you are already having two meals at DS, I would recommend a monorail resort tour and Steakhouse 71.

There's really no comparison. The BOATHOUSE serves USDA Prime steaks and jet-fresh/local seafood, like a top-notch steakhouse. Steakhouse71 has Choice cuts and is more about sauces and presentations to make up the difference in quality. As far as location, I'd rather a waterfront steak/seafood house than a windowless room on the first floor of a hotel.

I prefer the food at The Boathouse, however, you have a lot of DS restaurants on your list and I agree going to a monorail resort for a change of scenery, ride on the monorail, exploring the resorts, etc. would be fun. Does it have to be Steakhouse 71? Perhaps consider looking at the menus at GF Cafe, Kona and 'Ohana to see if any of those might appeal. Again, the food at the Boathouse is better than any monorail, non-signature TS, but I would definitely switch it up!

Another vote for Steakhouse 71. Have eaten at both and enjoy both. But, I much, much prefer the monorail resort tour idea to the difficulty parking and walking around a giant overcrowded outdoor mall.

We have been to both recently (We are local) and they are both good choices. For the OP I'd go with S71 for the change of pace since they already have plans for two other meals at DS.

I like Boathouse better but since you have two other meals at DS I'd choose S71. DS gets super-crowded and I think you'll enjoy the change of scenery.

But I like that Steakhouse 71 is at Contemporary, and could give us the opportunity to resort hop and just have a change of scenery from Disney Springs
And the option to find a spot on July 3rd or 4th to view the MK fireworks if the OP times it right

both are in our top three at WDW.

Suggest skipping homecoming and switch to boathouse or try for HDD for more of an activity sort of evening

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter