First Solo Trip at All-Star Movies! April 16-19

Continuing day one!!!

It was time for my Flight of Passage ILL, so I headed back over to Pandora. With the ILL, I walked right up to the merge point with no wait, and then right up to the front again since I was a party of one. Even the standby line was shorter than I had ever seen it.
Screenshot_20230501-122142.png
Screenshot_20230501-122151.png

I had been to Animal Kingdom for one day, on New Years Day this year, but before that, only in 2019 when this ride was fairly new, so I've never seen a line for it this short!

Flight of Passage was gorgeous, as usual, and for the first time in basically forever, I was in the dead center, which makes it so much more immersive and the 3D was so much better. It is knocked off #1 on my favorite WDW attractions list, however... I'll let you know what my new favorite is in a bit.

Next, I grabbed a LL for Dinosaur as I got off FoP, and by the time I walked over there, my window would open. Dinosaur is my favorite "older" attraction and I love it so much.

Screenshot_20230501-122205.png

I saw several parents in the queue promising their terrified children that this ride "wasn't scary." Look, I'm not a parent, so I can't judge, but I feel like it's just mean to lie to your kid like that.

Dinosaur was amazing, but either that ride is getting jerkier or I'm just getting older.

Screenshot_20230501-122311.png

Chester and Hester have seen better days. I almost stopped to play a few games, because my parents never let me when I was a kid, but I guess I missed the window of "grown up enough to have my own money" and went straight to "grown up enough to not want to waste money on carnival games" hahaha

I headed back to Asia after getting off of Dino, with the goal of getting into the single rider line for Everest.

Walked right past Finding Nemo but didn't really have the strength to add that to my day. Screenshot_20230501-122252.png
For several reasons. Remember, I had been awake for 24 hours at this point and any chair with a back was dangerous. This was also my dream job at one point, being in Finding Nemo at AK, but I've kind of given up on my performing dreams (after getting an entire musical theater degree) so it's a bit of a sore spot for me haha.

Got this beautiful pic of Everest, this is the post editing, Instagram ready picture.Screenshot_20230501-122318.png
It was so fun, and I was tempted to get right back in the single rider again, since it was basically a walk on, but I wasn't sure my back could handle that ride twice in a row. I occasionally get such bad headaches on roller coasters that I don't even enjoy them, so I'm trying to pace myself now.

Festival of the Lion King was about to start, so I headed over there. That show is so good. My first cry of the trip was during that show. Several times. Screenshot_20230501-122340.jpg

And then, when I walked out of the show, it was POURING RAIN!!! Now, I know leaving when it's raining is a rookie move, but I had accomplished everything I wanted to in AK, and I wanted to drop my backpack off, and see my room.

Screenshot_20230501-122353.jpg

Discovery Island was cleared out!!! It was a downpour, y'all.

My journey to the All Star Movies bus stop was pretty funny and a little humbling. My parents were DVC members for years, so muscle memory took me right over to the bus stops I was used to going to, then I realized I would have to get soaked all over again to walk back towards the gate, then over to the other bus shelter area. Felt a little silly, haha.

I was so wet by the time I got on the bus. Basically soaked through. So happy with how my day had gone, even if it doesn't show on my face! Screenshot_20230501-122400.png

Thanks for reading! Resort pics and a night at Magic Kingdom to come!!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230501-122237.jpg
    Screenshot_20230501-122237.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter