"First rule of leadership, Princess...." ~Overdosing on Ice Cream

IMG_6995.jpg

The kids went on the flying carpets and then we all had vanilla and orange swirl ice cream for our breakfast.

IMG_6994.jpg

IMG_6996.jpg

IMG_6997.jpg

The Citrus Swirl is one of my favorite treats at Disney World. However, it has been changed recently. It used to be soft-frozen orange juice concentrate swirled with vanilla ice cream. I still like it, but I preferred the previous version.

The Citrus Swirl is one of my favorite treats at Disney World. However, it has been changed recently. It used to be soft-frozen orange juice concentrate swirled with vanilla ice cream. I still like it, but I preferred the previous version.

That sounds yummy!

"He sold it to Doug Tanner - No, wait. Mickey Douglas got the marble from his cousin in St. Louis... who traded it to Alfred Temple, who sold it to... Johnny Miller. No, wait. Alfred sold it to - " - Tom and Huck

The raft was not even back from it's first run to the island before David, the kids and Aunt Pat joined me and we got in line with one other little girl about Adam's age and her mom. I shared with all 4 kids standing there about the paint brushes that are sometimes hidden on the island. All of them were eager to get started looking. It was then time to load onto the raft.

IMG_6998.jpg

Once on the island we all scattered off in different directions to explore the caves and trails, and to look for paintbrushes. I even braved going through one of the caves by myself. Since I'm extremely afraid of the dark this was quite challenging!

IMG_7002.jpg

IMG_7003.jpg

IMG_7004.jpg

We had a splendid time on Tom Sawyer's Island despite not finding on paint brush. The island is gorgeous and seems full of the promise of adventures.

IMG_7005.jpg

IMG_7008.jpg

IMG_7009.jpg

Eventually we all regrouped on the porch and Adam and I played a game of checkers while we waited for the raft that would take us back across the river.

IMG_7010.jpg

IMG_7012.jpg

Awesome! Those are my first upclose and personal pics of WDW's TSI. Thanks for sharing those! :thumbsup2

Great updates! I cant wait to take the kids searching for paint brushes too. Sorry you didnt find any but its the hunt thats fun! :thumbsup2

great pictures from TSI. we have never made it over there, but im hoping on changing that this trip. Looks like a great place to let the kids run off some energy.

Those are some great pictures. I've never made it over there. You guys really did A LOT on this trip. Very impressive. :thumbsup2

Great pictures of the island!:thumbsup2 The last and only time we were there, it was in August and it was like 98 degrees with 100% humidity....let's just say we didn't stay long!:scared:

Great updates! I cant wait to take the kids searching for paint brushes too. Sorry you didnt find any but its the hunt thats fun! :thumbsup2

Sorry to be the "wet noodle" but they stopped putting "paint brushes" on Tom Sawyer's Island. Just another little thing WDW stopped doing. I don't know if it got to competitive, no one ever said.

Awesome! Those are my first upclose and personal pics of WDW's TSI. Thanks for sharing those! :thumbsup2

Thanks!

It is the hunt that is the fun part.

great pictures from TSI. we have never made it over there, but im hoping on changing that this trip. Looks like a great place to let the kids run off some energy.

It is fun, though I think the caves are a little scary.

Cool photos of Tom Sawyer's Island -- it has been YEARS since we have explored it! Connor would probably get a big kick out of it!

I'm sure he would!

Those are some great pictures. I've never made it over there. You guys really did A LOT on this trip. Very impressive. :thumbsup2

We did do a lot, but remember I made them all get up very very early several mornings! ;)

Great pictures of the island!:thumbsup2 The last and only time we were there, it was in August and it was like 98 degrees with 100% humidity....let's just say we didn't stay long!:scared:

The heat of August is starting to scare me for our trip next year!

Ohh, what is this about paint brushes and finding them? My kids would love that!!!

Sorry to be the "wet noodle" but they stopped putting "paint brushes" on Tom Sawyer's Island. Just another little thing WDW stopped doing. I don't know if it got to competitive, no one ever said.

I've read at least one trip report of someone finding a paint brush with in the last 6 months. I'm going to guess it's a staffing issue. When they have an extra person to hide them they do. :confused3 I like the randomness of it, because the looking is the fun part.

I thought I read they just did it in the last couple months too. Maybe it is a staffing issue. I'll have to ask. Thanks for the heads up. I wont tell my kids about it now so they dont get too excited. :thumbsup2

I thought I read they just did it in the last couple months too. Maybe it is a staffing issue. I'll have to ask. Thanks for the heads up. I wont tell my kids about it now so they dont get too excited. :thumbsup2

I didn't tell my kids that there was any sort of prize for finding them, I just said they might be hidden and we could look for them.

Excellent update! If we do go to TSI, I'll make sure to tell my boys about the paintbrushes :goodvibes Thanks for the info!

TSI looks like fun! 3 visits and I still haven't made it over there! Thanks for the great pictures.

great update, of course! I love TSI and we missed it this time. Sorry y'all didn't find paintbrushes, but you're right - it's fun looking! I hope they haven't completely stopped hiding them :(

We never made it over to Tom Sawyer's Island when we went last year. It's something that is on the list to do when we go next December. Great update and I loved looking at your pictures of TSI, now I at least know when it looks like on that side of the water.
Natalie

Excellent update! If we do go to TSI, I'll make sure to tell my boys about the paintbrushes :goodvibes Thanks for the info!

:thumbsup2

Great updates!! you made us wait so long.

I know, I've given up my football board position so hopefully I will have a little more time in my days now.

TSI looks like fun! 3 visits and I still haven't made it over there! Thanks for the great pictures.

TSI was fun! :goodvibes

great update, of course! I love TSI and we missed it this time. Sorry y'all didn't find paintbrushes, but you're right - it's fun looking! I hope they haven't completely stopped hiding them :(

I hope they haven't stopped hiding them either, but the looking for them is the fun part anyway.

We never made it over to Tom Sawyer's Island when we went last year. It's something that is on the list to do when we go next December. Great update and I loved looking at your pictures of TSI, now I at least know when it looks like on that side of the water.
Natalie

I think it's definetly worth a trip over in the raft!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter