First Birthday!

KaystotheKingdom

Mouseketeer
Good Morning!

We will be at the World for my son’s first birthday in October! We will be celebrating there in Lieu of a traditional birthday party, so where would you’d choose to have a celebratory birthday meal? Most of the restaurants most geared to the littlest we haven’t been to yet!

Congratulations on your son's milestone celebration.

For starters what types of food is your LO enjoying now?
At that age I seem to recall my kiddos eating mostly pureed veggies and some simple textured meat and veggie meals but I see people feeding fries and minced chicken nuggets to children at the age of 5 months now so guess I'm behind the times and dunno what the latest dietary recommendations are. I ask because if your LO is still on a limited diet you probably would be best served picking a restaurant more geared towards the adults' food preferences.

Still if you'd like to memorialized the occasion a good compromise could well be Garden Grill @ Epcot. All three meals have characters and and have many positive reviews.

HTH

We did both kids 1st at Disney versus a traditional party and wouldn’t change it. Such fun!

I would say eat anywhere you’ve been meaning to eat. Mine were afraid of characters at 1, like screamed and we had to leave places.

We did California Grill because it was just a special night generally. They decorated the table and he ate avocado and grilled chicken etc.

We also ordered a smash cake to the room, and having done it twice, I would pay the $20 fee to have it delivered at a specific hour (ie for us was 8am). Paying for it and only finding it in the room when we got back from parks and dinner was a waste for us and our little one was too exhausted.

We did a first birthday trip for my son and had his “birthday meal” at Tusker House. It has traditional breakfast items, plus some more unique offerings, and the characters are fun in their safari clothes.

He had just started eating table food a couple weeks before, but he discovered his love for Mickey waffles and ate several (and later that day he actually started walking when we were in the Boneyard).

It has now become his birthday tradition, and we have gone for a birthday meal there every year since. In fact, we are about to go back to Tusker House to celebrate his fifth birthday.

My youngest turned 1 at Disney last June. We did not plan a special meal specific to his birthday, but did get his first haircut at Disney and ended up with some really cute pictures and Disney ears from it. Oddly enough, he ended up loving mashed potatoes on this trip, but refused to eat them when we returned home. Funny how they are like that. While he liked looking at the characters, he cried when they got too close to him or tried to interact. He enjoyed breakfast at the Garden Grill and looking at those characters. We received plenty of free birthday treats for him. We did not do a smash cake, but he enjoyed cupcakes!

Hi Iám A mom of two sweet little boy. The 1st born will celebrate this birthday this coming December and he like to have a spiderman theme. The problem is that we don't have yet a venue for his event. can be this is a nice place for my 1st born Birthday party reception.

Wherever you want. Seriously. At that age he's still free at the AYCTE meals. Either pick a character meal (my personal fave so far is Garden Grill breakfast) or a place you want to eat where he can eat off your plate.

ETA: Totally did not realize this was a zombie thread....need more coffee

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter