First Adults Only Trip Dining Recs?

dottieluv22

Earning My Ears
I have three children under 5 years old and have only ever gone to Disney with our family- a beautiful but different experience! But my two sisters, mom, and I are planning a girls only trip for September! My mom and one of my sisters have only been to Disney once (Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom for a day), and my other sister has never been! We're celebrating her birthday. We're staying at the Grand Floridian for 4 nights and will be doing a resort dinner night as well as probably her birthday dinner in Epcot.

I'm so excited at the prospect of showing them Disney, looking around at the resorts, and going to dinner somewhere where I won't be dragging along three small children! :D

Out of all resort dining, which would you recommend as best for adult dining? Right now, my thoughts are perhaps Jiko? I've never been and I do want to show them the beauty of Animal Kingdom Lodge. Recommend? Or perhaps California Grill?

As far as adult dining in Epcot for a birthday dinner, what would you recommend? Le Cellier? Or maybe step out of the park and do Flying Fish?

As my park days are usually toddler/baby centered, I've never been to any of these places but am so excited at the prospect of a nice sit-down adult dinner. Give me all of your recommendations!

For an adults dinner at a resort I would recommend

Narcossee - it is st your hotel, food is great, wonderful fireworks view from their dock.

Flying Fish - easy walk or boat ride from Epcot , great food and atmosphere

Blue Zoo - easy walk or boat ride from Epcot and the food is outstanding.

California Grill - food is not as good IMO but atmosphere is nice, fireworks view and monorail ride from GF

Out of all resort dining, which would you recommend as best for adult dining? Right now, my thoughts are perhaps Jiko? I've never been and I do want to show them the beauty of Animal Kingdom Lodge. Recommend? Or perhaps California Grill?

As far as adult dining in Epcot for a birthday dinner, what would you recommend? Le Cellier? Or maybe step out of the park and do Flying Fish?
Check out the "top 3 resort restaurants" thread in Disney restuarants - there are a lot of great ideas there.

I used to love California Grill, but lately I feel like it's been resting on its laurels. Food, drink and atmosphere still great, but I think there are some great new(er) restaurants giving it a run for its money.

Epcot birthday dinner is easy for me: FLYING FISH. It's one of my favorites and I've celebrated my birthday there many times in the past. (My kids, 8, 12 also love it, so you will get there...!) If you like steak, Le Cellier is one of our favorites, also, but there is something magical about finishing dinner at FF and strolling the Boardwalk, watching the performers, playing some games if you wish. It's one of my favorite places at WDW. Another one that's a little farther away, but phenomenal, is Topolino's. Right now it's my favorite. Skyliner ride to Riviera, enjoy the view from the Terrace, really wonderful food.​

As for your other questions:
Narcoosees (seafood/fish) is always top of the list. We went pre-covid and I didn't love it, but it's getting some great reviews now.
Citrico's, also at the GF, is also terrific. Mediterranean-inspired and they also revamped everything after COVID.
California Grill - is iconic, and they have a number of their classic favorites on the menu. The view really is spectacular, and there is a no frills terrace you can visit as well. Also you can go back and watch fireworks if you want.
Jiko - DH and I went before kids and we liked it but didn't love it. Fast forward 20 years and it is shooting to our top 3. Whenever we've gone, its been after dark and we are sitting in the "back" at one of the circular booths. There are tables near the window that have a view, but the interior of the restaurant was more memorable (it's beautiful). We have gone back every trip recently, even if we aren't staying at AKL. If you are going to spend some time at AKL anyway, it's really worth a visit.

Another one to consider is Toledo at Coronado Springs. It was mentioned in the Michelin guide (no star, but just being listed is good!) and has great food and views.

Like others I’d highly recommend Narcoosee.

EPCOT resort dining. Top restaurants happen to reside in Swan, Dolphin and/or Swan Reserve. I’d definitely recommend Shula’s over Le Cellier. I’d also consider IL Mulino which is my favorite Italian restaurant in the area. Amare for Mediterranean dining. Kimono’s if you’re into Sushi.

Animal Kingdom Lodge Jiko

Downtown Disney: You, your sister’s and your mom need to seriously consider Wine Bar George.

We did an adults only trip for our 20th anniversary a few years back and got to do some adult restaurants for the first time. Here’s some of the ones I would go back to…

Raglan Road: fun, lively surroundings with bar/comfort food, definitely more casual than any of the following places. Fun with or without kids

California Grill: food and drink was great and can’t beat the rooftop fireworks show or the floor to ceiling view

Brown Derby: had lunch there and we loved everything over all…specialty drinks, meals, atmosphere

Flying Fish: loved our meals there and the decor was unique but was a bit on the loud side

Tiffins: fantastic steaks and quiet dimmed atmosphere, and the bar before our meal was great and could have stayed there all night

Le Cellier: been there many times with and without kids. Dark, cave like, steakhouse atmosphere and always a fantastic meal

If I didn’t mention any other favorites listed as well on this thread, it’s because we haven’t been there yet lol.

Have fun!!🤩

We did an adults only trip for our 20th anniversary a few years back and got to do some adult restaurants for the first time. Here’s some of the ones I would go back to…

Raglan Road: fun, lively surroundings with bar/comfort food, definitely more casual than any of the following places. Fun with or without kids

California Grill: food and drink was great and can’t beat the rooftop fireworks show or the floor to ceiling view

Brown Derby: had lunch there and we loved everything over all…specialty drinks, meals, atmosphere

Flying Fish: loved our meals there and the decor was unique but was a bit on the loud side

Tiffins: fantastic steaks and quiet dimmed atmosphere, and the bar before our meal was great and could have stayed there all night

Le Cellier: been there many times with and without kids. Dark, cave like, steakhouse atmosphere and always a fantastic meal

If I didn’t mention any other favorites listed as well on this thread, it’s because we haven’t been there yet lol.

Have fun!!🤩
Taking a family trip in October with the 6, 4 (turning 5 during trip!), and 1 year old- considering Raglan Road with them! Good to hear that it is still good with kids!

Thank you all so much for the tips!! Really appreciate them! Seriously considering Flying Fish now as I'd love for my sisters and mom to see the Boardwalk area at night!! It MIGHT have an edge from Le Cellier because of the more open/fun atmosphere. In the end, I'm gonna show my sisters your replies and see if they have a preference!

If you have the money and the time, Monsieur Paul is absolutely fantastic. We're also big fans of Jiko.

Just got back from a January trip. I do not know if it is helpful or not. I generally lean red meat at sit downs in Disney. I am also cognizant of relative value. I maybe disclosing secrets here but the best that i had over 4 sit downs was easily GF Cafe. I will also say that it was $30-$100 less than any other steak I had over those options. I didn't manage Le Celier as they had a kitchen fire on the night of our rez. I enjoyed steaks at San Angel, Space 2020, and Coral Reef but none were as good, sometimes you just need the nostalgia (San Angel), novelty (Space 2020), or experience (Coral Reef).

Not a dinner, but if you all enjoy an adult beverage try and get to Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto!
So.
Much.
Fun.
!!!!!!!!

My ADR opens soon for our June adults trip and I'm planning on Flying Fish, Narcoosse, Chef art Smiths Homecoming, and maybe a 4th I haven't decided on yet 🤔

Jiko and Flying Fish have been my two favorite resort restaurants. Steakhouse 71 is also great if you want steak but don't want to pay signature prices.

For Epcot specifically, Takumi Tei would be a once in a lifetime type of meal. I personally like Chefs du France and am eager to try Shiki Sai. But if you're willing to leave the park, then you have Flying Fish, Shula's, and Il Mulino right there. I've also heard good reviews for bluezoo but haven't been yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter