Final Details Everything Else Disney Swap

I wasn't suggesting everyone use them....I just couldn't figure out how to get 22 sets of borders in ziploc baggies into the regular PM envelope. I was seriously considering shaving a bit off the end of each border to make them fit vertically in the bags! I think they would have fit better if I could have wrapped the excess around the borders. I was wondering if I'd done something wrong/different?

The bag was still free at the post office. The difference was that it wasn't that all-you-can-fit, any-weight-is-okay deal. I think they said it was $3.85 for UP TO a pound and $3.95 for over a pound & up to 2 pounds. I just know that it cost me the same as the regular envelope.

Just wanted to let you know that I mailed my shakers today, Priority. Sorry for cutting it so close. The larger groups took me a little bit longer than planned. Hope you like them :earsgirl:

Jeanne

Jeanne - I am so mortified! :earseek: When I was putting names on the bags for the swap, I copied your name directly from the list on my computer. I checked it 3 times - against the list. What a dope! I should have gone back to the thread. I should have realized that your name wasn't "crapcrator"! :blush: Evidently one of my kids was fooling around & thought I'd have enough sense to realize they'd done so.

Anyway, I apologize! It certainly wasn't personal. :sad2:

Wait until I get my hands on whichever one did it! :headache:

:rotfl2: Well, dh says I'm a _crapcollector :rotfl2: How funny!

:guilty: Well, evidently I didn't read the directions too well. Mine are arriving without all the players names :earseek: I assumed everyone in Group 1 would get one and everyone in Group 2 would get one so I packaged them all individually :worship: :duck: :scared: I'm sorry Fran - I owe you one :mickeybar

Jeanne

Guys the only problem with the tyvek ones is that sometimes the post office is not that careful with packages and some odf your stuff could be bent when they try to stuff them into the mailbox. That's why we reccommend using the cardboard envelopes. Franne when you start packing the envelopes put the borders in at an angle and they should be fine. They are usually the last thing I put in before closing up the package. If you will recall I also pack as many items as possible in the large bags together so that they stay together and also stay waterproof.

Cyndi princess:

Don't worry about names either. I know for me that I found it a lot easier to pack everything up if I didn't have to worry about names on the bags. You should put your name on the back of the items or on the bags so we know who to give credit to for the great work.

Oh no! I didn't think about that! It was just after spending nearly an hour trying to fit 22 gallon-sized ziploc bags into that cardboard envelope... :headache: It was all the excess plastic that was causing the problem. Would it have been alright to put all of them in only a couple bags? Or is there another brand of bag that works? I was just using what I had here, which was the Wal-Mart's generic brand.

Now I'm worried! I hope they get there okay! :earseek:

Thanks for the tips Cyndi! Piratesmate,Ill make sure to post as soon as I get them :)
Franne

The one thing I have learned is that this is all trial and error. The first time I did a swap the priority boxes cost more then we first thought depending on where they went. I ate some of the cost , but hubby was not happy (lol). Someone suggested the priority envelopes with the 3.85 stamp. It took me a couple of tries to get everything in the envelope, and I worried about stuff getting smooshed even in that. I had one person send me the tyvak envelope to send her stuff back in. She hasn't complained so it got there ok. And even the cardboard ones are know guarantee ( ask Franne, I had two packages missing from one swap, and others that got there torn , but with everything still in it - thank goodness ). So don't worry it will probably be fine. Hubby bought us a bigger mail box recently, just need to get it put up. I'm blessed that I know my mailman pretty well and he knows I am at home during the day so he usually brings our packages to the door.

Cyndi

I could not actually find the large plastic baggies so I made makeshift envelopes for each and put on the front A&B or B only etc. Hope that works out OK.

I went to the post office to use the machine in the lobby and was having trouble getting the bags in. So brought it home to do. If it doesn't work, will use a white bag with cardboard to protect it--only a $1. 20 more I believe. So will take it back to p.o. later Sunday. Not sure if it will go out on holiday from that station or not. Otherwise it will be Tuesday before it goes out. Glad to see I am not alone!

Hi everyone, I am here in WDW, we are staying at the Swan this time so I have internet access as we brought our laptop! :flower: I am now waiting for the rest of the family to get ready to meet our friends, so I have a few minutes. When I did borders for one swap, I found I couldn't fit the borders in all the large bags and get them in an envelope either, so I wrapped each one in plastic wrap, and put them all in one big ziplock back and that worked out good.

Twigs said:
Hi everyone, I am here in WDW, we are staying at the Swan this time so I have internet access as we brought our laptop! :flower: I am now waiting for the rest of the family to get ready to meet our friends, so I have a few minutes. When I did borders for one swap, I found I couldn't fit the borders in all the large bags and get them in an envelope either, so I wrapped each one in plastic wrap, and put them all in one big ziplock back and that worked out good.

Well, DUH! I don't know why I didn't think of that - or at least post with my problem earlier. :sad2: That's good to know if I ever do borders again.

I hope you're having a wonderful time! Say "Hi!" to ::MickeyMo and ::MinnieMo for me! :teeth:

If everyone sends their swap items in one large ziplock with their user name, real name and address (to help the post office in case of envelope failure) then the hostess could put everything back in that bag once it is swapped out. That way the person doing borders wouldn't have to buy 22 large bags (and struggle to stuff them in a package).

I get the large 2 gallon bags at Ralph's (they are cheaper and usually on sale), but Ziplock makes them, too. I like to use them for page planning since I scrap 12 x 12. But the gallon size should work for a swap.

Oh, I made sure to put _crapcreator on my creations, lol :rotfl2: (JK)

Jeanne

Mine are in the mail. According to the machine in the lobby of the p.o., they should get there by Tuesday. I finally got all the ziplock bags--gallon size--to fit--they had borders and journal boxes or borders only. I folded one in half, pressed the air out, put it in, repeated until I got 11 in. Then I slid the other 11 in between those, one at a time. Then squeezed in the four smaller bags with journal boxes and postage and got it closed!!!

Can't wait to see everyone else's.

When I had borders I used the cheap (99 cents) store brand gallon size bags without the zipper or ziplock. They were the ones that come with the twist tie, but don't use the twist ties. Just a little piece of tape held them and I had no problems getting them into the bags.
Franne

I am so sorry! I am going to be late. I have been sick with the flu and never gave it a thought.
I have my eyelets. I will get them in the mail hopefully by tomorrow.
Again I am so sorry. I have never been late before.

I hope you're feeling better! Having the flu really stinks. :( Are you going to be well enough to go to the crop in Pottstown? I'm still thinking about it. (I'd have to see if I could borrow DDIL's stuff since she works Saturdays & can't go with me. :()

Franne - That would have made a lot more sense than panicking over getting all those ziplocs into the envelope. :rolleyes: Unfortunately, I was so upset about having to re-do a bunch of my squares (I'd missed that Cinderella was crooked & they looked weird when I finally mounted them) and worried about being late that I just used what I had in the house.

Why I just didn't ask for help I'll never know! :sad2:

I went to walmart to get the non-ziploc bags, but they didn't have any and I didn't have time to run all over and find some. So, will have my eye out when I am out and about for some for the next swap. I don't use a lot of baggies, other than sandwich size, so don't pay a lot of attention to the other sizes, I guess.
Oh well, with a little bit of work, they all fit!

piratesmate said:
Why I just didn't ask for help I'll never know! :sad2:

LOL, we are all learning as we go! This is my first itme hosting and I am learning a lot too! I give Cyndi credit for hosting 4 swaps so beautifully!!!

Spinning I hope you feel better, you aren't the only one late so don't worry.
When I made the date I actually was going to make it the end of Feb., but I figured everyone would be late so hopefully by making it earlier it can go out by the first of the month!
Franne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter