Few BCV Listings

Dtw002

Mouseketeer
Seems like brokers have none or only a handful of BCV listings and if they do the prices are way high ($120). Think it's because the HS are progressing?

I think that 120 is fairly normal with some negotiation room. Lack of inventory seems like an ongoing problem at BC.

I have been watching for a while (window shopping for now) and found much the same. I believe the difficulty booking F&W without home resort advantage contributes as well as the improvements at HS. I already own at BLT, but would like to own at a EP/HS resort as well for these very reasons. You might also see more pop up when vacations are over and annual dues become payable.

there's lower inventory at all the resorts. It's just that since BCV is so small of a resort, it went from a few to almost none. Prices have really started to jump the last few months.

I adore BCV and was so torn about which WDW resort to buy. Ended up at VGF becuase well, VGF just is my Jam. I cant bring myself to get such a short contract when a big attraction to me is letting my children and theirs use the points down the road.

That said, I would think BCV owners are in the drivers seat to trade points like nobody's business. I would happily trade VGF Xmas for BCV F & W full stop without points adjustment and I cant be alone. I bet as 7mo avail gets put in a vice that a robust DVC exchange comes to life. Something legit. Not the rent then rent option many suggest now.

I adore BCV and was so torn about which WDW resort to buy. Ended up at VGF becuase well, VGF just is my Jam. I cant bring myself to get such a short contract when a big attraction to me is letting my children and theirs use the points down the road.

That said, I would think BCV owners are in the drivers seat to trade points like nobody's business. I would happily trade VGF Xmas for BCV F & W full stop without points adjustment and I cant be alone. I bet as 7mo avail gets put in a vice that a robust DVC exchange comes to life. Something legit. Not the rent then rent option many suggest now.

I have all my points at BCV and we really do like staying there but VGF is also a favorite of mine. Christmas there was divine. I really love this idea. Hope it somehow comes to fruition.

I also think BCV owners who buy BCV at this point are doing so to use home resort advantage. I think ability to get BCV on other points is going to become more restricted -- so, not just "ha ha fall no way" but stretch into other seasons as well as people who can't get F&W bookings go for Flower & Garden and similar.

Frankly, people who buy BWV resale are doing the same thing. These two resorts, people are buying to stay there, in far greater proportion than purchasers anywhere else. They're expensive even in resale (cost per point + dues). No one is buying them for 7 month bookings at current rates.

Last edited:
I am looking multiple times a day I am looking for roughly 100pt contract with a Sept Or Oct UY its becoming very hard. hoping something comes out soon.

If DVC added and managed as a "perk" an exchange program where you could put your home resort points into the exchange and book from avail points in the exchange, starting at 10 months out, they'd thump both the resale and rental markets in one shot.

Why rent out my points when I can sell them or use them to maximize home resort priority?

All they'd need do is add a few rules like member must be on reservation.

Last edited:
By setting up its own exchange, DVC could make serious money in at least 4 ways I can think of off the top of my head.

Assume Disney buys at 14 and sells at 18. But Disney doesn't sell at 18 to just anyone but only to other members at the 11 montb window.

1. DVC makes money on the bid-ask spread of 14/18. If I own BWV and want to book 100 Poly points at 11 months, I can spend $1800 to do so (on points DVC spent $1400 to acquire), or I can trade into this exchange $1800 of my own points at $14/point and that would be 129 points. Now Disney has 129 BWV points it can sell other members for $2322 or trade for more points.

2. Disney would effectively tie up every point members want to get rid of into an exchange system for other members. Whatever is left over they liquidate as defacto CRO at 7 months. They'd be selling those points at least $4/point over what they paid for them and probably much more. At 7 months, DVC doesn't have to offer points at $18/point to the rest of the world, they've already cornered the rental market. There would no longer be enough points floating around outside of the exchange for non-DVC members to routinely use. So DVC would dump those points into CRO just like they would if you traded out for a cruise or something else.

3. DVC would effectively kill its competitors off for its real CRO nights. In doing so, they kill off access to rental points for non-DVC members. Oh it's still allowed but why would members do that when they can sell into the exchange for reasonable rates and no effort?

4. An 11 month exchange system would be a huge selling point and by limiting access to the exchange to direct and grandfathered buyers, DVC would now be offering a substantial benefit to buying direct over resale. It'd change the equation.

Imagine an exchange system like the season ticket trading on sport teams home web pages. Members can log in, see what's available, and buy/trade for it on the spot. Just like one time use points, once you buy them, they're yours, in your account for you to manage.

I posted this in another thread a few months ago. If DVC ran an exchange off a bid/ask scale, they could kill the rental market and offer an unbeatable perk for direct sales.

If DVC added and managed as a "perk" an exchange program where you could put your home resort points into the exchange and book from avail points in the exchange, starting at 10 months out, they'd thump both the resale and rental markets in one shot.

Why rent out my points when I can sell them or use them to maximize home resort priority?

All they'd need do is add a few rules like member must be on reservation.
Genius. This would be amazing! Watch them do it as a direct only perk HAHAHAHA, little tear.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter