Festive Family Fun with Flick - Pre Trippie

Samf1971

Mouseketeer
Well I thought it was about time I really started to put some work into our pre-trip, since I was getting all excited reading everyone elses.

Cast:
Me (Sam, 37) Disneyholic - been to WDW lots of times, never been to DLRP, favourite character - the main Mouse of course!
Favourite film – The Little Mermaid

DH (Chris 47) complete newbie to Disney, been teaching him the difference between Goofy & Pluto & a crash course in Disney Characters :rolleyes:

DS (Ben, 3
- well he will be 3 on the 29/11) Has Autism so this trip could be fantastically wonderful or extremely stressful, time will tell. He is new to Disney, interested in Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, likes Handy Manny a little and My Friends Tigger & Pooh (especially the think think think song) Favourite character is Daisy Duck

Flick (sorry no idea of Flicks age) already been to DLRP lots of times, will have just been with Gemmybear before his trip with us

The planning
I love Disney and after going on and on and on and on (you get the idea) about WDW to DH and as our DS’s had a new found interest in Playhouse Disney, I think I eventually wore him into submission, after getting the calculator out we decided that we could afford a trip for December which would be lovely to see the Christmas decorations and also still be in time for the 15th celebrations so I started making lists! (I’m a compulsive list maker)

We leave on 9th and take the train from Leeds to Kings Cross, overnight stay in the Kings Cross Royal Scot Travelodge, we stay here again on the way back due to such a late train from DLRP and arrive home on 16th - We are breaking the journey up due to the distance and also so that my DS doesn't get too stressed by the journey

We're staying at the Cheyenne, chosen for the bunk beds really as it's the first time DS will be in a bed, so thought he might like the single bunk. Flick will be able to have the top bunk all to himself

I've done very little in the way of an itinerary for each day as we are really taking each day as it comes as it is our first trip and we’re not sure how DS will react to the whole thing so have bullet pointed some things that we’d like to do.

1. Ride It’s a Small World (this is prob my 2nd favourite ride in WDW so I’d like to see it at DLRP – if you’re remotely interested my favourite is the Tomorrowland Transit Authority, really boring I know!)

2. Watch the parades

3. Soak up the Christmas atmosphere & take lots of photos

4. Take it easy! We’re staying 5 nights so that we can go at an easier pace and can give my DS plenty of time out so he doesn’t become too stressed and we plan to have a walk around the lake, watch the ice skating, have a sit in Fantasia gardens etc - we’d like to rent a Surrey bike if they’re still running in Dec, as that would be fun!

5. Have 1 “sit down” meal which hopefully will be at Annettes, perhaps Café Mickey, dependant on how DS reacts to the characters

6. Buy a Mickey balloon! – I always wanted one from WDW but never bought one (felt a bit silly without children)

Really looking forward to the trip as it’s the first time I’ve been to Disney since 1998, I’m going to try not to compare things to WDW as I know already from reading everyone’s pre-trips and different reviews to take it as an individual park and I’m looking forward to seeing the European take on things. I'm also expecting it to be quite an emotional trip as WDW hols were always with my mum who sadly passed away 2 years ago, so I'm sure there'll be lots of things remind me of her too.

I'm also expecting it to be FREEZING!!!!!! Have got lots of gloves, hats, scarves, snoods ready to pack!

Sorry that’s ended up longer than I intended, so thank you for reading if you managed to get this far.

Sounds like a lovely trip! I will look after Flick for you :goodvibes

good planning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
u must be at cheyenne whilst we r still there!!! we are easily noticed, tall guy, stressed mum holding onto the reigns of a tantrum throwing nearly 3 yr old (imagine jasper carrot story about cat on the lead - if u ever heard it lol) and a bouncing 5 yr old shouting hurry up!!!

sounds like u have sum good ideas, and yes, best to take it as it comes - make sure u get ur pass for ds from city hall!!

Thanks Gemmybear - I do hope that DS doesn't get too attached to Flik, or worse that we loose him - I'll make sure he's attached to something at all times lol

Nikki, your post reminded me that I have to take DS's reigns, so if you're there at the same time, we'll be the ones with the 3 year old on reins, laying on the floor sniffing the concrete :rolleyes:

I actually started packing last night - I know, 2 weeks to go, but I couldn't stop myself any longer:rotfl:

I'm excited for you, I hope you have a wonderful trip :)

We took the Eurostar last month to break up our trip and I loved it, I also loved the fact that you can actually bring your Mickey balloon home with you :banana: :banana: :banana:

Sounds like you are going to have a fun trip:thumbsup2

I also loved the fact that you can actually bring your Mickey balloon home with you :banana: :banana: :banana:

Yaaay I might even buy a Minnie! - although on the way back on the Eurostar, we're not sat together so the poor person sat next to me and two Mickey balloons might be a bit grumpy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter