Feet Don’t Fail Me Now!

I stopped off at Spiderman and rode that and continued around.

univ9 by Jenseib, on Flickr

univ10 by Jenseib, on Flickr

My friend “J” was flying into Florida today. She was doing the Disney races and not coming to Universal, but she told me to message her and we could possibly meet at Disney Springs for dinner. She had arrived and was over getting her race bib and she said the lines were massive.

I kept moving around IoA and headed to Seuss Landing.

univ69 by Jenseib, on Flickr

univ70 by Jenseib, on Flickr

univ71 by Jenseib, on Flickr

univ72 by Jenseib, on Flickr

univ63 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I rode the Cat in the Hat while I was over there.

Video of Seuss Landing

This place is never open when I am there.

univ64 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I was getting hungry. I hadn’t had a real meal since breakfast…a couple of butter beers, a pretzel and ice-cream are not really the best choices but they sure are tasty. I messaged J and let her know I was just too hungry to wait and meet up later and I also think I will stay for the Mardi Gras parade. This would be my only chance to see it as we were told we would be riding the floats on Sunday. I wanted to see it from the ground too!

J said that was fine as she was still tied up getting her stuff and would probably just get some basic food herself now since it was getting late and she needed to be in bed early.

univ73 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I headed out to the front to City Walk.

univ74 by Jenseib, on Flickr

univ75 by Jenseib, on Flickr

univ76 by Jenseib, on Flickr

univ77 by Jenseib, on Flickr

univ78 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I stopped to look at the rentals place and their prices.

univ79 by Jenseib, on Flickr

univ80 by Jenseib, on Flickr

The sign was digital and of course didn’t come out in my picture….oh well.

And the daily lockers.

univ81 by Jenseib, on Flickr

univ82 by Jenseib, on Flickr

univ83 by Jenseib, on Flickr

univ84 by Jenseib, on Flickr

univ85 by Jenseib, on Flickr

univ86 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I had a place in mind…..one of my favorites.

univ65 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Margarittaville! I love this place. I got a seat at the bar and ordered a club sandwich. We had this several years ago when Skip, Claire and I went. We had shared this and nachos and both were so good….but the nachos are huge and I have had them a couple of times now, so I went with something I could finish.

Video

Video

And my sandwich….which was so good and hit the spot!

univ66 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Great pictures!
I'm sure many have told you that before

We have a picture sticky in the main forum

Why don't you drop in there and share some of your pictures?

Some that you have posted are unique and have not seen any like it in the sticky

It is not a chit chat thread
Only pics

You know the old saying that a picture is worth a thousand words

Great pictures!
I'm sure many have told you that before

We have a picture sticky in the main forum

Why don't you drop in there and share some of your pictures?

Some that you have posted are unique and have not seen any like it in the sticky

It is not a chit chat thread
Only pics

You know the old saying that a picture is worth a thousand words

Thanks! I just might pop over there and post some. I do love to take pictures. This trip I went wild and didn't take my DSLR with me. Those pictures are always better but in my old age it is really starting to kill my shoulders carrying it around all day or even a few hours. I felt so free with my point and shoot and phone. And I could just bring a purse rather than a back pack too.

Loving your trip report! Can't wait to see what happened next :D

Thanks!

When I was done I headed out and over to Universal Studios. It had been hot today but now it was cooling down. I had my jacket in my van out in the parking garage but no desire to go get it….I’ll be fine…right?

univ87 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I love Toothsomes.

univ88 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Back into Studios.

univ89 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I had looked at the parade route on the map and I figured I wanted to be near the beginning, so I headed that way.

univ90 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And I plopped down and just rested.

univ67 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Another family came and sat by me after a while. It was getting quite chilly now and I was wishing I had a jacket. I noticed the lady next to me was cold too and after a bit she went into the gift shop across the way and looked for one. When she came back out empty handed I asked her if she went in search of buying a coat and she said yes…but the only one in there was a Terminator one and it was like 150. LOL. She said she would suffer.

univ68 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I wiggled around trying to stay warm and keep the blood flowing. Finally the parade was starting. I taped it on my phone with one hand and took pictures with the other when I could. They were throwing beads so at times my video is quite crazy as I went to catch them.

univ91 by Jenseib, on Flickr

univ92 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Video

The music was great and I wanted to dance around.

univ93 by Jenseib, on Flickr

univ94 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Not the greatest pictures. LOL.

univ95 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I was impressed with the floats….they were so fun and pretty.

univ96 by Jenseib, on Flickr

univ97 by Jenseib, on Flickr

univ98 by Jenseib, on Flickr

univ99 by Jenseib, on Flickr

univ100 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Each float had people on it throwing beads!

univ101 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And little did I know at the time, but this float is the one that I would be on Sunday night.

univ102 by Jenseib, on Flickr

univ103 by Jenseib, on Flickr

univ104 by Jenseib, on Flickr

univ105 by Jenseib, on Flickr

univ106 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I was no longer cold either…I was having so much fun catching the beads.

univ107 by Jenseib, on Flickr

univ108 by Jenseib, on Flickr

univ109 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Every so often there would be an explosion of confetti.

univ110 by Jenseib, on Flickr

univ111 by Jenseib, on Flickr

univ112 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Continued…

univ113 by Jenseib, on Flickr

univ114 by Jenseib, on Flickr

univ115 by Jenseib, on Flickr

univ116 by Jenseib, on Flickr

univ117 by Jenseib, on Flickr

univ118 by Jenseib, on Flickr

univ119 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Oh My Gosh!!!! That was so much fun. I was so glad I decided to stay and see it from a spectators view. I now had an idea of what would be coming on Sunday and enjoyed it from the sidelines too.

I made my way to the parking garage…figuring it would be total chaos, but really it could have been much worse.

univ120 by Jenseib, on Flickr

univ121 by Jenseib, on Flickr

univ122 by Jenseib, on Flickr

univ123 by Jenseib, on Flickr

univ124 by Jenseib, on Flickr

univ125 by Jenseib, on Flickr

univ126 by Jenseib, on Flickr

univ127 by Jenseib, on Flickr

univ128 by Jenseib, on Flickr

univ129 by Jenseib, on Flickr

univ130 by Jenseib, on Flickr

univ131 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Yeah…I took a lot of pictures as I walked.

univ132 by Jenseib, on Flickr

univ133 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Univ134 by Jenseib, on Flickr

univ135 by Jenseib, on Flickr

univ136 by Jenseib, on Flickr

univ137 by Jenseib, on Flickr

univ138 by Jenseib, on Flickr

univ139 by Jenseib, on Flickr

A look at the security area now that it is more empty.

univ140 by Jenseib, on Flickr

univ141 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I found my van easily and set Siri to get me back to Springhill Suites and took off. The drive back was much easier than this morning…a little less traffic. I parked and then decided I should take a picture of the van.

univ142 by Jenseib, on Flickr

The lot had a lot more parking spots this evening. I think people were still at the Disney parks yet.

I decided I should get some pool pictures and headed that way.

spring35 by Jenseib, on Flickr

spring36 by Jenseib, on Flickr

spring37 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I called Skip and Claire and talked to them a bit and then went in and bought some overpriced pop and a snack from the little marketplace and headed back to the room. If I had been smart, I would have headed off to Target or Walmart to pick up some goodies at a fraction of the price.

At some point today…I can’t exactly remember when, a got a message from this young guy I had met when I cruised the Caribbean Princess a few years ago. He was a real nice young guy and his mom, dad and sister were sailing as well. I talked to them daily and they were a lot of fun. He and his mom were coming to Universal this week and wondered if I would be around. Unfortunately I had a pretty busy schedule on the days they were going to be in the parks so I wasn’t going to be able to meet up with them. I did tell them I would be in the parade on Sunday night and if they came to let me know where they were standing and I would wave to them if I could.

I chilled out and watched some TV and then headed to bed. Tomorrow I had no official plans….it was such an odd feeling. I had some ideas of things to do and I figured I would sleep till I woke up and then decide what sounded the best. The only thing I had to do was pick Lenora up in the evening. It was nice really just having no plans though in a way.

Yep! She is due in Oct as well...the 7th I believe, though she has had it changed once or twice....but around then and Gracie's b-day is the 8th, so they will be truly 3 years apart.

Oh, they could end up with the same birthday. It is hard to believe that Gracie is going to be three this year. Time flies.

She is having a girl...and currently the name choice is Ella.

I really like that name.

How exciting...which ship are you visiting?

The Celebrity Eclipse. I have never sailed on Celebrity so this will be a nice taster. I am planning to give a cruise on Celebrity a try once I have reached my Diamond status on Royal Caribbean as the status drags across.

3 weeks from today I head down to Florida and then 3 weeks from Wed I will be back on the Fantasy. I don't want to wish my summer away....but I can't wait!

That sounds like a lot of fun. I cannot blame you for wanting this to arrive sooner rather than later.

Jimmy’s new ride wasn’t open yet but I took a picture. Right after I came home, of course, they started doing test rides and one of my friends was able to get on.

Wow, they made great progress. In November, this looked a very long way off.

I then made a stop and got a pretzel to eat and while eating I spotted the penguins out.

Oh, I would have loved to see them. The only Dreamworks characters that were out when I was there were Shrek, Fiona and Donkey.

When she came back out empty handed I asked her if she went in search of buying a coat and she said yes…but the only one in there was a Terminator one and it was like 150.

That is daylight robbery. I would have made do as well.

That parade looked like a lot of fun.

At some point today…I can’t exactly remember when, a got a message from this young guy I had met when I cruised the Caribbean Princess a few years ago. He was a real nice young guy and his mom, dad and sister were sailing as well. I talked to them daily and they were a lot of fun. He and his mom were coming to Universal this week and wondered if I would be around. Unfortunately I had a pretty busy schedule on the days they were going to be in the parks so I wasn’t going to be able to meet up with them. I did tell them I would be in the parade on Sunday night and if they came to let me know where they were standing and I would wave to them if I could.

What a coincidence that you were all there at the same time, but it is a shame that you were not able to meet up.

Corinna

Oh, they could end up with the same birthday. It is hard to believe that Gracie is going to be three this year. Time flies.

yes they could....but I hope they don't.

I really like that name.

I told Paige I would call her Cinder~ella and she said no.

The Celebrity Eclipse. I have never sailed on Celebrity so this will be a nice taster. I am planning to give a cruise on Celebrity a try once I have reached my Diamond status on Royal Caribbean as the status drags across.

I haven't been on them yet, but I hear good things them. I have read a couple of trip reports on that ship too.

That sounds like a lot of fun. I cannot blame you for wanting this to arrive sooner rather than later.

Yes! it is getting so close...3 weeks from today we sail.

Wow, they made great progress. In November, this looked a very long way off.

I think they rushed it and I think they are having a lot of rides breaking down.

Oh, I would have loved to see them. The only Dreamworks characters that were out when I was there were Shrek, Fiona and Donkey.

I was surprised to see them.

That is daylight robbery. I would have made do as well.

That parade looked like a lot of fun.

Yeah...That was quite a lot.

The parade was so much fun.

What a coincidence that you were all there at the same time, but it is a shame that you were not able to meet up.

I know, I was hoping to get to at least seem them and talk a few minutes but I knew I had a busy schedule.

Feb. 24, 2017, Friday, Day 3

I think I slept till around 7, which is good for me on vacation and then got up and put on some shorts and a shirt and made my way down to get some breakfast.

spring38 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Today I decided to make a waffle.

spring39 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And it was really good!

spring40 by Jenseib, on Flickr

After I ate, I headed back to my room to shower and figure out what I would do today. I had several thoughts of different things, with checking out the Outlet Malls, something I keep saying I want to do, or go to Gatorland, which I could get a free ticket of admission with my credentials.

Before I headed into the shower, I messaged my friend J. I wasn’t sure if she was done with her race yet, but I just let her know that if she wanted to hang out or do anything then I was game. She said….Hey would you like to go to the Cast Member store? Um heck yeah! She told me to drive over to Pop at a certain time (I believe she was checking in there today) and she would be there about then too, so I quickly showered and then made my way over.

pop1 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pop2 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Pop was my first onsite resort and we have stayed there 4 times I believe and it will always hold a special place in my heart. And of course I needed some new pictures.

pop3 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pop4 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pop9 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I walked in and looked around and then headed out to the pool area.

pop5 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I messaged J to let her know I was here.

pop6 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pop10 by Jenseib, on Flickr

She replied and said she was in the parking lot, so back out I went.

pop7 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pop8 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I found her and it was great to see her again! We hopped in her rental and she told me they tried to make her take a pick up or van as well but she ended up talking them into a crossover vehicle.

We chatted away and headed to the Cast Store and I realized this was right by my hotel. We went in and shopped around. I ended up buying like $75 worth of stuff, but so much was really cheap…like $5 shirts, a $169 pair of shoes for $9.99. It was so cool. I got stuff for myself, Claire and Gracie too. I took a picture of some stuff in there but I am not sure if I am allowed to share, so I won’t post them. The furniture area was so cool too. They had tables and desks from resort rooms for like $5-10! J said stuff like that usually goes fast with the locals as they bring trucks and buy a bunch of stuff. They had Christmas trees that had to be either from Hollywood Studios or Art of Animation, because they had film reels on them, for like 15 and 20 dollars. So cute….and sure enough I saw someone taking those out before I left.

That was such a fun experience. I am so glad she asked me to come. Then she said she was going to go to Magic Kingdom for a few hours to basically just walk around and stretch her legs out so they don’t get tight from the race…would I like to come….hmmm….let me think about that…..OK.

We drove back to Pop and then took the bus over to MK and went through bag check and security and then she was able to get me in.

This is how crazy it was just trying to get to bag check.

mk17 by Jenseib, on Flickr

But J scoped it out and found a shorter line…empty space and we quickly got through.

We knew the park would be crazy busy as it was a race weekend and we were coming off a holiday weekend as well.

mk18 by Jenseib, on Flickr

But that was ok, as we were in no rush to get anywhere.

mkday2 by Jenseib, on Flickr

mkday3 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Look! I got this bird in midflight and didn’t even realize it till I got home.

mk19 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We rode the people mover, which had a long ride for it, but still not horrible and it is just a nice ride to chill on. Then we moved on and decided we needed to take a selfie. Neither one of us is very good at taking them, and I was trying to get the castle too but this was what I got.

mk20 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Yeah…I suck!

Someone offered to take our picture and we took them up on it.

MKday1 by Jenseib, on Flickr

mkday4 by Jenseib, on Flickr

mkday5 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We decided we were hungry and headed over to Pecos Bill’s. I got nachos and I don’t remember what Jeanne got. I devoured them and did not take a picture. After we ate we wandered some more.

mkday6 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We happened upon the new Muppet show going on and stopped to watch that….There is a mark for something new tried!

mk22 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I took a few small videos.

mkday7 by Jenseib, on Flickr

mkday8 by Jenseib, on Flickr

mkday9 by Jenseib, on Flickr

mk23 by Jenseib, on Flickr

mkday10 by Jenseib, on Flickr

mk24 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Video

Today I decided to make a waffle.

Oh, I like the look of that. I could not have resisted that either,

Before I headed into the shower, I messaged my friend J. I wasn’t sure if she was done with her race yet, but I just let her know that if she wanted to hang out or do anything then I was game. She said….Hey would you like to go to the Cast Member store?

Wow, what a fantastic opportunity this was,

I ended up buying like $75 worth of stuff, but so much was really cheap…like $5 shirts, a $169 pair of shoes for $9.99.

Looks like you got some real bargains there.

That was such a fun experience. I am so glad she asked me to come. Then she said she was going to go to Magic Kingdom for a few hours to basically just walk around and stretch her legs out so they don’t get tight from the race…would I like to come….hmmm….let me think about that…..OK.

Looks like your Fairy Godmother was doing overtime that day. What a lovely surprise.

Look! I got this bird in midflight and didn’t even realize it till I got home.

I love when this kind of thing happens.

The Muppet show looks interesting.

Corinna

I am now debating getting myself a sunpass transponder so that I don’t have to worry about it ever again and it won’t matter which rental company I use.

If you go to FL a lot, it is well worth it. I go to Miami more than Orlando, and Miami has basically only toll roads going to the airport so you have to have something. The rental companies charge $5-10/day plus tolls with some charging $15+ (I'm looking at you Thrifty!) and the worst part is you pay every day even if you don't go through any tolls. The SunPass is $19.99 for the transponder then you get a 10% discount on the tolls. In Miami, you can make it up with a 1 trip to and from the Airport. If I remember correctly, the tolls for MCO are only $1 each way so it takes longer but if you stay a week or go a few times per year it does pay for itself.

Oh, I like the look of that. I could not have resisted that either,

They were really tasty too.

Wow, what a fantastic opportunity this was,

I know. I could not pass that up at all!

Looks like you got some real bargains there.

I am wearing one of the shirts I bought there right now too!

Looks like your Fairy Godmother was doing overtime that day. What a lovely surprise.

She was! It was a fun day of doing a lot of nothing really...but it was so nice.

I love when this kind of thing happens

It was so cool to come home and see the bird in the shot.

The Muppet show looks interesting

It was very cute. I am glad I got to finally see it.

If you go to FL a lot, it is well worth it. I go to Miami more than Orlando, and Miami has basically only toll roads going to the airport so you have to have something. The rental companies charge $5-10/day plus tolls with some charging $15+ (I'm looking at you Thrifty!) and the worst part is you pay every day even if you don't go through any tolls. The SunPass is $19.99 for the transponder then you get a 10% discount on the tolls. In Miami, you can make it up with a 1 trip to and from the Airport. If I remember correctly, the tolls for MCO are only $1 each way so it takes longer but if you stay a week or go a few times per year it does pay for itself.

I still haven't took the plunge but my trip later this month is only going to have a 1 day rental car now so I am just going to let it add it to the bill. It's with Alamo too and they only charge for the day you actually go through the tolls rather than every day of your rental. They are the best one out there for this option. I will probably eventually get one though. I am only going to Port Canaveral so it won't be so bad.
The tolls to and from MCO are MUCH more than $1 each way. Some spots were $2. I can't remember now, but I think it was like $5-7 each way in Feb. And I saw them building a new booth near Universal. It seems like every time I go there is a new spot to stop and pay.

J asked if I wanted to ride anything and I told her it was up to her totally. She said her favorite ride was Haunted Mansion and I told her mine was Pirates of the Caribbean. We headed to Haunted Mansion and the line was really long. She looked online and was able to make a fastpass for later.

mk10 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We then headed in the Haunted Mansion store as I have yet to ever go in and see it…another new thing checked off my list.

mk25 by Jenseib, on Flickr

mk11 by Jenseib, on Flickr

mk12 by Jenseib, on Flickr

mk13 by Jenseib, on Flickr

mk14 by Jenseib, on Flickr

J wanted to get a frozen lemonade, so I did too…..Yum!

mkday26 by Jenseib, on Flickr

As we walked by the castle we saw the show was going on. J said one of her friends daughter is often Tiana in the show, but she wasn’t today. Elsa, however was a friend of her daughters.

mk15 by Jenseib, on Flickr

mk16 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We then decided to head to Pirates and just wait it out. It was a huge line but we had time till our FP for Haunted. We were by some annoying people….just really rude and driving us nuts….well the lines for Pirates are really wide and as you walk along it’s easy to move ahead or get behind depending on how you take the turn. We decided we wanted to move ahead to get away from the rude family. It then became a game for us and each turn we made we would try to get ahead. It was totally stupid and crazy but it was a fun way to pass the time. I think we ended up passing about 50 people. Now we never pushed or anything like that…it was just at each turn we would make the turn the sharpest we could and then we would be ahead. Yep it was childish and we totally laughed about it at the end.

Pirates was great as always and then by the time we got off there we headed over to ride Haunted Mansion….which was also a lot of fun. J was about to call it a day but said I could stay….nah…I want to stop at Walmart yet and get some water and a few other small things yet and fill the van up with gas. But….first I want a dole whip float…..and she did too.

MMMMMMM!

mkday27 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We sat down and talked and joked how we ate our way around the Magic Kingdom today.

Then we rode the bus back to Pop and she headed back to her room so she could get ready for bed as she had to be up super early for her next race. I went and took a few pictures before heading out.

pop11 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pop12 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pop13 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Lenora messaged me that her flight was being delayed a little bit, so she would actually arrive just a little later, which actually worked out best for me.

pop14 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pop15 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pop16 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I hate the fence.

pop17 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pop18 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pop26 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pop20 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pop27 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pop21 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pop28 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pop22 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pop23 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Time to get moving on out.

pop24 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pop25 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And I headed out and programed Siri to take me to Walmart…I think I should have asked for Target…the road to Walmart was insane! Traffic was horrible and though it wasn’t far, it took me forever to make a right turn onto the road. I just patiently waited my turn and finally got on the road. They need a light at this intersection!

Walmart near Disney is sooooo cool. They had all sorts of Disney clothing. I wish our local one had all this stuff. I picked up what I needed, water, diet coke and a few other small things and then filled up with gas.

With that all done I headed back to Springhill Suites but somehow found myself on a toll road. UGH! I don’t know how I did that and it was one where I needed to have exact change too, so I had to dig for it.

They were really tasty too.

I know. I could not pass that up at all!

I am wearing one of the shirts I bought there right now too!

She was! It was a fun day of doing a lot of nothing really...but it was so nice.

It was so cool to come home and see the bird in the shot.

It was very cute. I am glad I got to finally see it.

I still haven't took the plunge but my trip later this month is only going to have a 1 day rental car now so I am just going to let it add it to the bill. It's with Alamo too and they only charge for the day you actually go through the tolls rather than every day of your rental. They are the best one out there for this option. I will probably eventually get one though. I am only going to Port Canaveral so it won't be so bad.
The tolls to and from MCO are MUCH more than $1 each way. Some spots were $2. I can't remember now, but I think it was like $5-7 each way in Feb. And I saw them building a new booth near Universal. It seems like every time I go there is a new spot to stop and pay.
That's true, always a new one being built. However, since you go a lot the sun pass is so worth it. My parents still north of Orlando so we use the east west expressway (I lived there when it first started being built) to there house and universal as well as the turnpike. Way less traffic for a few bucks each trip.
Love your pictures too!

:yay: Great finish to your Bonus day at the MK!

Haunted Mansion and Pirates are 2 of my faves! Glad you got to ride them, the Dole Whip was a nice plus too. :thumbsup2

We then headed in the Haunted Mansion store as I have yet to ever go in and see it…another new thing checked off my list.

I loved this shop in November. I could have quite happily bought one of everything in there.

Corinna

:yay: Great finish to your Bonus day at the MK!

Haunted Mansion and Pirates are 2 of my faves! Glad you got to ride them, the Dole Whip was a nice plus too. :thumbsup2

It really was a great day and I am so glad I didn't plan anything.

I loved this shop in November. I could have quite happily bought one of everything in there.

Corinna

If only I was rich!!

That's true, always a new one being built. However, since you go a lot the sun pass is so worth it. My parents still north of Orlando so we use the east west expressway (I lived there when it first started being built) to there house and universal as well as the turnpike. Way less traffic for a few bucks each trip.
Love your pictures too!

I probably will get it eventually. Right now I only have one more FL trip in the works this year and I won't be driving. Next year, as of right now there may be no trips to FL.

Finally I made it back and ran back to the room and tidied up a bit and then I headed off to MCO to pick up Lenora. I made decent time, but I of course had to stop at all the tolls…..not knowing that my car had the auto opt in.

She was ready and waiting when I arrived and we loaded her stuff up in the back of the van…and totally laughed at all the room I had in it for just me so far and headed on our way. Lenora told me that on her flight she sat next to some people who were going to sail the Epic tomorrow. Wouldn’t it be funny if we ran into them when touring….but we knew the chance of that were pretty slim to none.

We were both ready to have some dinner and her choice was to check out something in Disney Springs….which works for me! Well, it was a Friday night and we weren’t the only ones with that idea. The parking garages were all full and we were directed to park across the street and walk down the sidewalk and then to the bridge over the road.

dspring6 by Jenseib, on Flickr

dspring7 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We thought about some different choices and it came down to either DLuxe burger or the new pizza place. We decided to head in that direction and check out the lines.

dspring8 by Jenseib, on Flickr

dspring9 by Jenseib, on Flickr

dspring10 by Jenseib, on Flickr

dspring11 by Jenseib, on Flickr

dspring12 by Jenseib, on Flickr

dspring13 by Jenseib, on Flickr

dspring14 by Jenseib, on Flickr

dspring15 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Sprinkles was really busy today.

dspring16 by Jenseib, on Flickr

dspring17 by Jenseib, on Flickr

dspring18 by Jenseib, on Flickr

The line was out the door but we got in.

dspring2 by Jenseib, on Flickr

While I waited, Lenora went to check and see if the pizza place was any better….and got lost for a bit. LOL. But she said it was really no better, so we stuck it out here.

dspring3 by Jenseib, on Flickr

dspring19 by Jenseib, on Flickr

dspring20 by Jenseib, on Flickr

dspring21 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We made our orders and found a seat. They give big portions here, but it is not cheap at all.

We both got milkshakes.

dspring22 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I didn’t take a picture of hers, so I don’t remember what she got, but it was different.

YUM!!!!

dspring23 by Jenseib, on Flickr

It was so good! And I could not eat it all….though I tried.

Then we headed back to the van.

dspring5 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And back to Springhill Suites. The parking lot was jammed packed and we had to park way out over near the TownPlace Suites, which is connected to Springhill.

Lenora got settled in and we chatted for a while and then went to sleep.

It was another really fun day and I didn’t do any of the new things I had planned to do but I was totally ok with that. I got to hang out with J and that was so much fun. I had all sorts of new fun coming up yet too.

If only I was rich!!

Yes, me too.

Wouldn’t it be funny if we ran into them when touring….but we knew the chance of that were pretty slim to none.

Stranger things have happened.

The line was out the door but we got in.

That is good. When we tried to eat at Disney Springs on a Saturday last year, we gave up as the lines were so long everywhere.

That looks good.

Corinna

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter