***** February 2022 Thread *****

A week from tomorrow! (aka the longest week of my life)
I know!! The wait seems longer the closer it gets. I'm occupying myself with projects: making envelopes for mousekeeping, pixie dust gifts to hide around the parks, thank you cards to give to cast members, and tiny small details for our Batuu outfits that nobody else will ever notice but we will enjoy. It helps ... a little!

Thank you! I seriously appreciate when people mention weather and dressing tips, because at this point in our midwestern winter I have lost all sense of what 60s and 70s feel like! Part of me is like, that's so warm compared to here, so obviously it's tank top and shorts 24/7, but in reality I will need a jacket and maybe long pants because that's what I wear for a 60/70 degree fall day, Lol

Is it just me? It's like winter induced amnesia or something. 😅
Yep same! 😂

One week from today! I'm hoping that the weather gets warmer. It was 34 degrees in WDW when I looked at 8am this morning. That is way too cold, even for this Northerner.
We only go in the fall/winter because of the heat and we’re Floridians! (August was a mistake one year haha). 50s and 60s would be perfect for me.

We only go in the fall/winter because of the heat and we’re Floridians! (August was a mistake one year haha). 50s and 60s would be perfect for me.
We went last April/May and the temps were in the 80's which should have been fine except that we have lived in AZ for the past 6 years where we don't have to deal with the humidity and we weren't used to it anymore. It just felt so hot for us lol. That is why we decided to go in February.

Flight leaves in 1.5 hours. Jfk was a mess. Supposed to fly out of term 2. Its closed. Told us to go to term 4. Went thru security there then had to take a bus from 4 back to 2. Flight got delayed again. But itll all be worth it very soon. Also never travelled like this just me and my son. Its quite an experience. Lol

We are here! No problem with our flight. Mears connect was easy. Kingdom stroller was a breeze and Instacart was perfect! Spent a few hours at Disney springs today. Gideons cookies and cakes are some of if not the best I have ever had, and I used to be a pastry chef!
HS tomorrow!
Glad everything went well. Have a great time!!!
Flight leaves in 1.5 hours. Jfk was a mess. Supposed to fly out of term 2. Its closed. Told us to go to term 4. Went thru security there then had to take a bus from 4 back to 2. Flight got delayed again. But itll all be worth it very soon. Also never travelled like this just me and my son. Its quite an experience. Lol
I hope you get to leave soon and that everything goes smoothly from there. Have a great time!!!

One week from today! I'm hoping that the weather gets warmer. It was 34 degrees in WDW when I looked at 8am this morning. That is way too cold, even for this Northerner.

yep here now and cold has been brutal and way larger crowds than expected. looks like it will be warming up a little today and really nice when you arrive. We are here until Wed. Especially large crowds at early park opening at MK!

yep here now and cold has been brutal and way larger crowds than expected. looks like it will be warming up a little today and really nice when you arrive. We are here until Wed. Especially large crowds at early park opening at MK!
We have had a couple January trips that were cold enough to freeze the flowers. Even with warm clothes the cold was brutal. When the stores keep their doors open even when it is cold out and rides are outdoor and/or unheated, it can be hard to find a place to get warm. I hope you get some warm weather soon. :)

Definitely looks like the forecast is improving which is great. Although I’m having to adjust my Disney bound outfits a bit since it looks like it’ll be several degrees warmer than when I first started planning them! We are leaving here on Tuesday and they are talking about 10-15” of snow between Wednesday and Thursday, so I’m very glad for our timings!

My goal is to be packed by tonight as we are staying at the airport tomorrow for our 7am Wednesday flight. Did the bank run this morning and our tip envelopes are now all ready. That always makes me happy!

How are everyone else’s preparations going?

Definitely looks like the forecast is improving which is great. Although I’m having to adjust my Disney bound outfits a bit since it looks like it’ll be several degrees warmer than when I first started planning them! We are leaving here on Tuesday and they are talking about 10-15” of snow between Wednesday and Thursday, so I’m very glad for our timings!

My goal is to be packed by tonight as we are staying at the airport tomorrow for our 7am Wednesday flight. Did the bank run this morning and our tip envelopes are now all ready. That always makes me happy!

View attachment 643316

How are everyone else’s preparations going?
Your envelopes are so cute!!
Def need to go by the bank on Thursday to do the same and I like to have cash on our trips for spending.

I still need to do the following before we leave Sunday:
- haircut
- mani/pedi (first in many many months)
- buy casual walking shoes (don’t wanna wear down my running shoes too fast)
- get car washed
- buy cat food for their boarding stay
- pickup toiletries
- purchase genie plus for the days we want it
- pack!!!
I guarantee I’ll remember 10 other things I need to do beforehand later

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter