***** February 2022 Thread *****

The weather was overcast but no rain! Hopefully I’ll have some sunshine the 6-11. This FL girl needs it haha. Mostly 60s all day, light jacket in morning and evening, took them off in the afternoon.

Thank you! I seriously appreciate when people mention weather and dressing tips, because at this point in our midwestern winter I have lost all sense of what 60s and 70s feel like! Part of me is like, that's so warm compared to here, so obviously it's tank top and shorts 24/7, but in reality I will need a jacket and maybe long pants because that's what I wear for a 60/70 degree fall day, Lol

Is it just me? It's like winter induced amnesia or something. 😅

Thank you! I seriously appreciate when people mention weather and dressing tips, because at this point in our midwestern winter I have lost all sense of what 60s and 70s feel like! Part of me is like, that's so warm compared to here, so obviously it's tank top and shorts 24/7, but in reality I will need a jacket and maybe long pants because that's what I wear for a 60/70 degree fall day, Lol

I imagine it will probably feel quite warm to you compared to what you're feeling now! But if it so much as goes below 70 here, you bet us Floridians are pulling out the jackets and jeans. Leggings, a short sleeved top, and a denim jacket were perfect for me yesterday! If it was sunnier, I imagine it would be warmer so I would stick to layers that are easily removed. I def worked up a sweat movin' n' groovin' through the world showcase so I made my BF carry my jacket for me 🤣

Well, the plan to switch our flight to this morning instead of tomorrow b/c of the impending snowstorm went off without a hitch! 6:40am flight this morning, landed only 5 min late at 9:40am b/c they had to de-ice the plane first. After a bathroom stop, the bags came out in about 10min, Uber came in 5 min, and our room was ready at the Hilton Disney Springs when we got there around 11! :love:

I was able to do work emails on the plane & Uber ride, & set up my work laptop on the desk in our room w/a view of Disney Springs (& I can just faintly see ToT & Spaceship Earth wayyy in the distance)!

Weather app says it's 71 out, and the sun is coming in the window!

Later after work hours we'll stroll over to Disney Springs for the evening! :cool1:

I'm kinda grateful for the snowstorm now, b/c it's added this extra time here! :rotfl:

This time tomorrow, we'll have checked into Kidani Village, have had lunch at Sanaa, and will probably be relaxing and getting ready to go to Epcot! :hyper:

Well, the plan to switch our flight to this morning instead of tomorrow b/c of the impending snowstorm went off without a hitch! 6:40am flight this morning, landed only 5 min late at 9:40am b/c they had to de-ice the plane first. After a bathroom stop, the bags came out in about 10min, Uber came in 5 min, and our room was ready at the Hilton Disney Springs when we got there around 11! :love:

I was able to do work emails on the plane & Uber ride, & set up my work laptop on the desk in our room w/a view of Disney Springs (& I can just faintly see ToT & Spaceship Earth wayyy in the distance)!

Later after work hours we'll stroll over to Disney Springs for the evening! :cool1:

I'm kinda grateful for the snowstorm now, b/c it's added this extra time here! :rotfl:

This time tomorrow, we'll have checked into Kidani Village, have had lunch at Sanaa, and will probably be relaxing and getting ready to go to Epcot! :hyper:
Wow - amazing! Super jealous as I wait for this snowstorm to come and go! I really hope there aren't any weather issues come my trip!

Well, the plan to switch our flight to this morning instead of tomorrow b/c of the impending snowstorm went off without a hitch! ... I'm kinda grateful for the snowstorm now, b/c it's added this extra time here! :rotfl:

It sounds like a wonderful way to ease into a vacation and make that transition ... I"m impressed you can focus on work with Disney so close! Five days to go here and I'm so so ready for it!

The weather for our trip is crazy Highs anywhere from the 60's to around 80's depending on what weather forecast you look at. Makes it hard to plan what to pack.

Welpppp. My plan to move our flights from saturday morning to sunday morning to miss the snow did not work. They still cancelled my flight sunday morning and rebooked me late sunday night. Which now means im a park day short so i had to add another night to my pop reservation but they didnt have standard view anymore so now i had to get preferred for all nights plus an extra. Set me back a few hundred bucks. Now i have to sit on hold with delta to change my return flight a day later since it told me i cant do it online. Yay.

Welpppp. My plan to move our flights from saturday morning to sunday morning to miss the snow did not work. They still cancelled my flight sunday morning and rebooked me late sunday night. Which now means im a park day short so i had to add another night to my pop reservation but they didnt have standard view anymore so now i had to get preferred for all nights plus an extra. Set me back a few hundred bucks. Now i have to sit on hold with delta to change my return flight a day later since it told me i cant do it online. Yay.
where are you flying out of? we fly out of philly sunday still on time for now
im so sorry this weather sucks!

where are you flying out of? we fly out of philly sunday still on time for now
im so sorry this weather sucks!

jfk. i figured sunday morning would be safe but it seems to snow might be ending later than i thought so oh well. we are still going and it will be awesome but its just adding to my already anxiousness lol

Keep in mind the just as humidity will effect what heat feels like, it also effects what cold feels like. Think about what a dry 50f air feels like now imagine jumping into 50f water.

The weather for our trip is crazy Highs anywhere from the 60's to around 80's depending on what weather forecast you look at. Makes it hard to plan what to pack.

Layers are always the answer. And pack for rain.

KTwiegs, which flight are you on out of Philly Sunday morning? We changed our Saturday night flight from Philly to Sunday morning due to the storm and then that flight was cancelled. Our only option was one evening flight or switching completely to BWI. We opted to go to BWI instead as we were concerned the evening flight from Philly would also get cancelled.

Edited to add - didn't occur to me until after I posted that you're probably flying a different airline. We're flying Southwest.

Last edited:
First let me say to everyone leaving this weekend best of luck!!!!! I hope the weather doesn't give you too much of a hard time! Also once you get there have a great time!!!

I used to live in Iowa but now I'm in AZ. It is the opposite here because it will be in the 70's and I forget that it is cold and snowy in other places lol

So glad it worked out!

It sounds like a wonderful way to ease into a vacation and make that transition ... I"m impressed you can focus on work with Disney so close! Five days to go here and I'm so so ready for it!

Yay for 5 days!!! And, not gonna lie, the work focus was challenging at times :rotfl: Fortunately, I had made a massive effort to get as much work done as possible before Friday, b/c I thought I was still going to be packing, lol, so the day was pretty chill & didn't require an excess of focus!

We got here today. High of upper 60s today, wind chill advisory tomorrow morning (feels like 25-30), high of 49 tomorrow, freeze watch late Sat night through 9am Sun, and the high of our trip peaks at 83 on Thurs. :tilt::upsidedowo_O:scared1::confused:

Ugh, I'm so sorry you're dealing with this! Just keep reminding yourself you're still going to be in your happy place!

Since I'm leaving next Thursday (and were sitting in the middle of a blizzard😢) planning on finishing packing. Decided to add another day to my split stay but unfortunately didn't have the room at the Polynesian I needed on the end of my trip so I shifted everything up one day. Now my arrival day were staying at Gran Destino Tower (been twice, love it) but added club level. Figured since were not hitting the parks on that day it would be a great opportunity to get the most out of it. I know the club level there use to be phenomenal but not sure if it came back as it was pre-covid. After our one night stay there, were heading to the Yacht Club (water view) for four nights then the Polynesian for four nights. Looking forward to seeing the new, Moana rooms. Anything is better than the 2 feet of snow we're getting throughout the day today (Rhode Island)

KTwiegs, which flight are you on out of Philly Sunday morning? We changed our Saturday night flight from Philly to Sunday morning due to the storm and then that flight was cancelled. Our only option was one evening flight or switching completely to BWI. We opted to go to BWI instead as we were concerned the evening flight from Philly would also get cancelled.

Edited to add - didn't occur to me until after I posted that you're probably flying a different airline. We're flying Southwest.
we are at 705am american airline. just checked status and it says on time... man i hope it stays that way.
it should be stopping in philly today around 2 so hopefully its enough time to clear it all out

I live in Alabama so we don't get the snow like y'all are dealing with (but used to get some awesome snow when I was a kid in Illinois) so I hate y'all are having to deal with all the snow and the changes/hurdles it is causing for y'all.
I think I am just going to pack all long legging because I can yuck them under and make them capri length if I get warm. Hubby will most like wear shorts the whole time (he wears them in the 30 degree weather here). I will also have my sweatshirt or jacket on each day (depends on which bag I am carrying and which one fits with my lunch in it). I also have thinner long sleeve shirts I can throw in my bag to put on under my t shirt (or may start off with it on if its cold in the morning to me). Hubby probably won't need anything but may or may not take a light jacket or long sleeve t shirt.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter