***** February 2022 Thread *****

Just checked and the 10 day weather forecast is out up until the day before we leave. Hoping the weather will be better than it is there today lol
I've been watching the monthly forecast on Accuweather for a while now. It fluctuates between highs in the low 70's to the upper 70's for the 2nd-6th. I arrive the first but because we get there that night I haven't cared about the weather for arrival day.

I've been watching the monthly forecast on Accuweather for a while now. It fluctuates between highs in the low 70's to the upper 70's for the 2nd-6th. I arrive the first but because we get there that night I haven't cared about the weather for arrival day.
We get there the same day!

It is always an exciting moment when you notice that your trip is close enough that there are weather forecasts for first days of your trip. We arrive Saturday!!!!! Which seems a bit cold to this Texan, but the forecasted days after that look nice.

its currently 22 where we live in ny so i have a feeling 60 is gonna feel like 90 lol

It is always an exciting moment when you notice that your trip is close enough that there are weather forecasts for first days of your trip. We arrive Saturday!!!!! Which seems a bit cold to this Texan, but the forecasted days after that look nice.
its currently 22 where we live in ny so i have a feeling 60 is gonna feel like 90 lol

Yeah I'm used to the heat and humidity here in Alabama but it's been quite chilly for us the last week. I am too cold natured for the cold. Hubby loves it cold though (he might actuallt wear longer sleeves or long pants, but I doubt it) but even he has said it's been nippy in our house lately LOL I just look at him with my three layers of clothes on and my blanket on my lap and my personal heater going and say "You think?" .

A week from tomorrow we will be getting on a plane and flying down for our trip! WHOOP WHOOP! Of course I woke up with a cold...UGH! I have started taking dayquil and hopefully in a couple days it will be gone. I'm pretty certain that's all it is. My mother-in-law has been with us and she has been coughing and is terrible about covering her mouth when she coughs. I don't have time for this cold!

A week from tomorrow we will be getting on a plane and flying down for our trip! WHOOP WHOOP! Of course I woke up with a cold...UGH! I have started taking dayquil and hopefully in a couple days it will be gone. I'm pretty certain that's all it is. My mother-in-law has been with us and she has been coughing and is terrible about covering her mouth when she coughs. I don't have time for this cold!
Ugh bad timing. Take zinc. It helps to shorten colds. I use Zicam rapid melts

Nine days for us now! The plan is to isolate/quarantine as much as possible this week, so to avoid any risk of either of us getting sick right before we leave. And so far the weather is looking like high 70s and cloudy... that's a wonderful thing to dream of as I head outside to shovel the two inches of snow that has fallen here this morning...

Nine days for us now! The plan is to isolate/quarantine as much as possible this week, so to avoid any risk of either of us getting sick right before we leave. And so far the weather is looking like high 70s and cloudy... that's a wonderful thing to dream of as I head outside to shovel the two inches of snow that has fallen here this morning...

I am hoping for mid 70's but even high 70's and cloudy would be fine for me too. Hubby prefers it to be even colder because he is very hot natured.

Nine days for us too!!

There looks to be a chance of rain next week (20-24%) so pack accordingly. Generally speaking, when you get percentages under 40%, if you do see rain, you don't see it for long. Just enough to get things wet!!

Nine days for us too!!

There looks to be a chance of rain next week (20-24%) so pack accordingly. Generally speaking, when you get percentages under 40%, if you do see rain, you don't see it for long. Just enough to get things wet!!
I have reusable rain ponchos in the pile to be packed. And being British, I always travel with an umbrella. Force of habit. I tend to go with the "there's no bad weather, just the wrong clothes" and hope that any rain just means shorter queues on the rides for us!

Btw, here are our park plans, and my bounding plans in case you do think you spot me:
Wed 2nd: Arrival day, Universal, Epcot for a late night margarita if we have the energy
Thur 3rd: HS - spend all the time in Batuu. Then hop to AK for Pandora in the late afternoon/evening. Batuu bound.
Fri 4th: MK - Probably take a break in the early afternoon and rent a boat from the Grand Floridian. We have early dinner at Narcoosees, then after-fireworks dessert party to lead us into the Extra Evening Hours. Ariel bound.
Sat 5th: Late start, then Epcot. Mickey bound.
Sun 6th: HS - the rest of the park, plus more Batuu. Batuu bounding again. Then into Disney Springs for dinner at Homecomin.
Mon 7th: Epcot, mostly the World Showcase. Bounding as Figment. 6pm dinner at the Contemporary to hopefully see the fireworks. Then back to Epcot for Extra Evening Hours.
Tues 8th: Last day. Sleep in. Then stroll over to Epcot for snacks and any last re-rides. Bounding as Sadness. (Seemed apt.)

Btw, here are our park plans, and my bounding plans in case you do think you spot me:
Wed 2nd: Arrival day, Universal, Epcot for a late night margarita if we have the energy
Thur 3rd: HS - spend all the time in Batuu. Then hop to AK for Pandora in the late afternoon/evening. Batuu bound.
Fri 4th: MK - Probably take a break in the early afternoon and rent a boat from the Grand Floridian. We have early dinner at Narcoosees, then after-fireworks dessert party to lead us into the Extra Evening Hours. Ariel bound.
Sat 5th: Late start, then Epcot. Mickey bound.
Sun 6th: HS - the rest of the park, plus more Batuu. Batuu bounding again. Then into Disney Springs for dinner at Homecomin.
Mon 7th: Epcot, mostly the World Showcase. Bounding as Figment. 6pm dinner at the Contemporary to hopefully see the fireworks. Then back to Epcot for Extra Evening Hours.
Tues 8th: Last day. Sleep in. Then stroll over to Epcot for snacks and any last re-rides. Bounding as Sadness. (Seemed apt.)
We have the 4th in common. I'll keep my eyes open for you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter