February 2013 Discount Watch

I booked a 3day/2night reservation directly through the Disney website and gave a deposit for a room only reservation for one of the Moderates during the Disney Princess Half Marathon weekend coming up in February. I am wondering as a Florida resident if these codes (Q69 or Q85, Q83? 35% room discount) can be applied for my existing reservation?

I booked a 3day/2night reservation directly through the Disney website and gave a deposit for a room only reservation for one of the Moderates during the Disney Princess Half Marathon weekend coming up in February. I am wondering as a Florida resident if these codes (Q69 or Q85, Q83? 35% room discount) can be applied for my existing reservation?

Yes, it should be fine as long as it is just a regular reservation booking and not booked through any kind of special for the marathon.

Hi! I have AAA too. Do you know what codes your agent used? Mine is going to call Wednesday when opens to GP. Codes will probably be different, but at least we would have a heads up on what to expect/ask for. All of my ADRS ar booked. It been a long wait for discounts. Thanks!
Monique

Sorry, I just saw this today! We used code Q85 for a moderate or deluxe. It's T64 for values.

Good luck!

Ive gone and confused myself.

I was reading everywhere where people said this was just as good as free dining..however, Im coming up with free dining saving us about 530.00 more!! Because with the SPD offer, we have to get an upgraded Garden View room at POR. Whereas a standard was more than fine last time. If we can get the FD with POR standard this would be great!

Hope they offer it!

which offer is better really depends on the situation. For the Deluxe resorts the room only discount is typically the best. If it is true that the SPD discount is based on giving kids prices for dining and tickets to adults, then parties with more adults or older children will get more value from the SPD discount.

Personally, I have two kids and two adults and staying at POR and free dining offer resulted in $300 more in savings than SPD and $600 more in savings than RO.

We had a reservation at AOA in a Cars suite for 2/9-16 and I called tonight to switch us to a split stay with two days in the Cars suite and the rest at POP. If we had stayed at AOA for the entire time and added the PSD discount, it would have been around ~$400 more for the regular dining plan. We're going from 7 nights in the Cars Suite w/ 5 day tickets and no dining at $3422.28 to 2 nights in the Cars Suite w/ no tickets at $504.91 (one day qualified for the 35% discount) + 5 nights at POP w/ 5 day tickets AND dining at $2,115.26. It will be hard to go from a suite to a standard room after only two days, but I think the savings is worth it.

Applied the Visa S/P/D offer minutes before it opened to the general public after finally making a decision on a resort change. We were in AoA LM room but moved to POR Royal Room for over $300 less.

Booked our air tonight so now I feel truly official...WDW here we come again!!:)

We've gotten the Visa offer & a PIN now, but any time we try to apply it they want us to move from the tower to the garden wing @ the Contemporary.

I just haven't seen enough savings to convince me to give up the MK view & monorail to make the move. DH has been going to WDW all his life & it will be his first stay at the Contempoary, and its his birthday, I just can't bring myself to downgrade the trip on him like that... not just for a few $$.
I keep telling myself we are spending that much, so what is a little bit more?

which offer is better really depends on the situation. For the Deluxe resorts the room only discount is typically the best. If it is true that the SPD discount is based on giving kids prices for dining and tickets to adults, then parties with more adults or older children will get more value from the SPD discount.

Personally, I have two kids and two adults and staying at POR and free dining offer resulted in $300 more in savings than SPD and $600 more in savings than RO.

Has free dining been announced?

We ran the numbers for 2 adults in a deluxe resort (WL) for a week with dining and MYW park hopper, and the difference was about $90 between 35% off room only and free dining. All depends on individual circumstances. Both, however, saved about $900 off rack rate.

Has free dining been announced?

The CM that I spoke with yesterday strongly hinted that free dining was coming. I said that surprised me since the new stay/play/dine offer was just released. Her response was, "Well, we like to spread a lot of magic". :goodvibes Then she confirmed with me that I knew where to look for offers when they are released. Hmm...here's hoping!

kkayluvsdis said:
The CM that I spoke with yesterday strongly hinted that free dining was coming. I said that surprised me since the new stay/play/dine offer was just released. Her response was, "Well, we like to spread a lot of magic". :goodvibes Then she confirmed with me that I knew where to look for offers when they are released. Hmm...here's hoping!

You just made my night! We were talking tonight about changing to a cheaper resort as the current offer did not take off as much as we wanted/needed. Wilderness Lodge, here we come!! I hope free dining comes out.

Uuuuuugh!! This is what I was afraid of!

We can apply a new promotion if it becomes available for our dates... I already booked my reservation with SPD but I'm still hoping for FD :)

kkayluvsdis said:
Then she confirmed with me that I knew where to look for offers when they are released. Hmm...here's hoping!

Where is the best place to look?

Usually on the special offers page on the site is where they put all current offers. I really hope the release free dining....it's just odd that they would still release it for the same dates as the spd offer but who knows...maybe they are waiting to see how this new offer goes over and if they still need to fill rooms then they will put out free dining. I see lots of post saying people have been receiving pins by email with the free dining option so I am checking my email 100 times a day hoping :badpc: but nothing yet:sad:

Where is the best place to look?

Usually on the special offers page on the site is where they put all current offers. I really hope the release free dining....it's just odd that they would still release it for the same dates as the spd offer but who knows...maybe they are waiting to see how this new offer goes over and if they still need to fill rooms then they will put out free dining. I see lots of post saying people have been receiving pins by email with the free dining option so I am checking my email 100 times a day hoping :badpc: but nothing yet:sad:

Yes, the website special offers page is what she was referring to. It is funny how conflicting the "reports" are of how much/how little the CMs known in regards to the release of discounts. She definitely made me confident that free dining will be released...but when??:surfweb:

neenersmom said:

I'm not sure how well SPD is going. For my dates, all levels of my resort are still available. Lets hope SPD works terribly and they release free dining!

Thanks I'll keep checking. I called the other day and booked CSR for a week in Feb. Using the Disney Visa 30% off offer. I would love to change it to free dining if that offer comes out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter