• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Favourite chocolate?

My absolute favorite is Valhrona, but I also love Ghirardelli and Guittard, all dark chocolate. Sees is the only "boxed chocolate" that I like.

Lindt and Verkade. There is also a great German brand but I will have to find the name. Maybe Schogetten? Merci is real good too.

Last edited:

teuscher's dark chocolate champagne truffles are swoon worthy. A friend of mine gave me a magical box of Vosges Haut- Chocolat a few years ago for my birthday and I've been obsessed ever since. Super creative and interesting flavors. I also just adore Sees Candy, as I grew up with the brand here in So Cal and think they really know what they are doing when it comes to dark chocolate and nut combinations.

Dark Chocolate. My favorite brands are Neuhaus and La Maison Du Chocolat.

I live in Hershey, PA… but I am not a fan of Hershey chocolate!! My favorite is a local chocolate shop out of Pittsburgh called Sarris. www.sarriscandies.com

Their chocolate is heavenly!! I also love British Cadbury and Milka.

I called Hershey's mediocre here once and man I heard it here. It's kind of dry and chalky/gritty. Kind of a strong flavor too, but not a whole lot of a chocolate character.

As far as Cadbury goes, the stuff sold in the US under the name is licensed by Hershey. They've also licensed KitKat from the original company that made them, and still license it from Nestle. Japanese KitKat (from Nestle's Japanese division) are almost a lifestyle brand, and most of it isn't chocolate.

I like Ghiardelli chocolate. Anytime I bake something with chocolate, I use those chocolate bars. When we went to Vegas, we visited the Ethel M chocolate factory and that was really good. We also have a couple of local artisan chocolate shops which have excellent chocolate. I prefer dark chocolate.
Baci with the hazelnuts is also my favorite.

I was brought up in the UK so I find Hershey bars etc. pretty much inedible, as I need a higher milk content. I love Flake and all the varieties of Cadbury Dairy Milk (plain, fruit and nut, etc.)

I live in Hershey, PA… but I am not a fan of Hershey chocolate!! My favorite is a local chocolate shop out of Pittsburgh called Sarris. www.sarriscandies.com

Their chocolate is heavenly!! I also love British Cadbury and Milka.
I also love Sarris. I work in the same small town where it’s manufactured and sold. Besides the candy shop, they also have an ice cream parlor. Their chocolate hard cap on a sundae is one of the best things I’ve ever tasted.

I also love Sarris. I work in the same small town where it’s manufactured and sold. Besides the candy shop, they also have an ice cream parlor. Their chocolate hard cap on a sundae is one of the best things I’ve ever tasted.
Canonsburg. I have some candy bars of it at home with pictures of the city on it. It is very good.

Perhaps I've been too brash re. American chocolate. Some of it is mighty fine :)

Some of it is complete garbage (like Hershey's or the milk chocolate used in most kid-aimed candy). But there's a lot of good chocolate out there, too. I like Dove dark chocolate promises when I'm in the mood for chocolate. Or Sanders dark chocolate sea salt caramels.

Godiva
Ghirardelli
See's
Theo(Seattle based)
Ritter Sport(Germany)
Cadbury(UK version)
Sander's-I love the chocolate sea salt caramels they have at Costco
My mom gifted me some boxed chocolates from HSN of all places and it was really good, don't remember the company who made it-assorted chocolates like french silk, dark raspberry cream, chocolate covered marshmallow. It was high quality stuff.

I don’t know the specific names, but Aldi has some fabulous chocolate. I was a skeptic when told about it, but I am a true believer, and consumer, now.😀

See's (which uses Guittard) and my wife buys Guittard for her homemade candy.
Ghirardelli is good too.
As a kid when I was visiting family in Canada I used to like some of the Cadbury bars made in the UK, especially the Cadbury Fudge bar. I found some in the U.K. when I was there 7 years ago, but they were not the same as they were when I was a kid.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter