• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Favorite Christmas cookies or treats?

Soft gingerbread cookies or a gingerbread cake with whipped cream
Soft sugar cookies (the recipe I use uses powdered sugar!)
Dark chocolate covered cherries (milk chocolates ones tend to be too sweet)
Oatmeal cinnamon chip cookies

Last week, I made some soft pumpkin cookies, and sandwiched them together (like whoopie pies) with a spiced cream cheese filling. They were pretty darn good, for being a first time trial. The flavors improved by an overnight wrap up in the fridge.

:( I misplaced my recipes for all the beloved favorites last year and it made me really sad trying to find similar ones. They seemed close but the results were so disappointing I threw a lot of it away.

DH's favorites are easy enough to fake - butter tarts and nanaimo bars. DS really doesn't care; he'd rather have a chocolate bar. What I love (and miss profoundly) are my DMom's gingersnaps, DGrandma's coconut macaroons, jam/walnut thumbprints and a really unique brown-sugar sugar cookie.

Panettone

i haven't bought one in 10 years but when my mom was alive this was something i always picked up for her during the holidays. i'm not a fan of it but she was and i have to wonder what she would think of some of our local restaurants that take to using slices of it to make french toast.

I think I am seconding the Fudge. Have to have some fudge! I can't keep my fingers off it. In fact, I like to tell everyone I did finger it all so no one will eat it, LOL.

Christmas is my favorite season, I love it all. Just tie up carrot sticks with green and red ribbons and I am happy.

But if I had to choose - anything gingerbread-y, anything chocolate-peppermint-y and anything visually themed to the season (santa, elves, reindeer, snowmen, mickey in a santa hat). Love it!

I will be the only one to say this. I Love Fruit Cake! Don't judge me 😬

Nope, you’re not the only one. I make fruitcake every Christmas, using my mother-in-law’s delicious recipe. She passed away 20 years ago and I have carried on her tradition of making it for us and DH’s family. Our family Christmas gathering was last Saturday and my father-in-law’s eyes lit up and he had the biggest smile on his face when I gave him his loaf. 🙂

The recipe uses candied fruit, dates, nuts and wine. No peels so no bitterness.

It’s our favorite Christmas treat.

My mother is a dedicated cookie baker. She makes many types, and we all have favorites. While I like them all, the ones I would most miss are totenbeinli, a Swiss hazelnut cookie, Italian Iced cookies, and those snowball ones that kind of melt in your mouth.

My children love the nutmeg cutout cookies.

Two family members love panettone.

Two others are pizzelle lovers.

And peanut brittle is another holiday favorite.

Homemade sugar cookies using my Grandma's recipe. Loved her to tears, but that lady wasn't a good cook or baker, except for 2 things -- Golumpki's and sugar cookies. Those she nailed!

Thankfully I have the recipes, but I don't have that added Grandma touch. Idk what that woman did. :love:

Rice crispy treats with colored sugar sprinkles are a big hit around here. Family and friends request them all the time but I only need up making them at Christmas time. Snickerdoodles, double chocolate cookies with mini m&m's, and some super easy brownies from scratch, this year I'm adding crinkle cookies to the mix. The only candy I make are the little rolo treats that are so easy but so stinking good. I can't make them until right before Christmas or they all get eaten. :rotfl:

My mom makes the best Christmas cookies and my favorites are gobs, anise pizzelles, ladyfingers, iced orange, and pecan/caramel tassies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter