• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
will it use my fp for one of the children if I let them wear my magicband?
Yes as long as they enter the FP line during the exact FP return window.

Also, how does it know to use the reserved fp VS. the "anytime" fp? Hope I am making sense. Lol
Reserved FPs are redeemed when used exactly within the return window.

A little too early or a little too late results in using up an Anytime FP.

For the purpose of getting fastpasses at the 60 day window, does the the primary person on the room reservation need to be the one who manages the MDX account? Does the manager of the account even need to be on the room reservation or can the persons with the room reservation just be members of the linked group that is managed/controlled by someone else?

Last edited:
Has anyone used "Multiple Experiences Fast Passes" issued through Disney Guest Services? I'm trying to find out if they will they work on FoP ? I had a nightmare experience with my resort reservations and lost all fast passes for three days,including the ones for FoP. Guest Services issued fast passes with no assigned ride / time, but I don't think we can use then for FoP.

For the purpose of getting fastpasses at the 60 day window, does the the primary person on the room reservation need to be the one who manages the MDX account? Does the manager of the account even need to be on the room reservation or can the persons with the room reservation just be members of the linked group that is managed/controlled by someone else?
Anyone who is logged into the MDE account can book FPs.

Has anyone used "Multiple Experiences Fast Passes" issued through Disney Guest Services? I'm trying to find out if they will they work on FoP ? I had a nightmare experience with my resort reservations and lost all fast passes for three days,including the ones for FoP. Guest Services issued fast passes with no assigned ride / time, but I don't think we can use then for FoP.
Go to the FPs that are linked and see if restrictions are listed. If not, they can be used at FoP. They probably are good for FoP because they are replacing the FoP FPs that you lost.

Go to the FPs that are linked and see if restrictions are listed. If not, they can be used at FoP. They probably are good for FoP because they are replacing the FoP FPs that you lost.

Thanks so much for the advice, I just checked my Fast Passes to follow up and Disney Guest Services came through and my FoP fast passes are back !:cool1::cool1::banana:

Offsite Stay followed by Onsite RO Stay. The 60-day FP booking window will open at 60 days before the check-in date of the onsite RO stay and will extend until the checkout date of the onsite RO stay. Since the offsite stay precedes the onsite RO stay, this window already includes booking for the offsite stay. Additionally, the booking window will roll forward (a “rolling 60”) each day beyond the onsite RO checkout date until the guest checks out of the onsite resort. All of this assumes valid tickets are linked to the MDX account.

I have 6 day tickets linked to MDE. We are staying at Universal for 3 nights before moving onsite. I want to book FP for the day before we check into Beach Club. Does this mean I can do that??

ETA: I think @hiroMYhero answered this one page before this. :D

Last edited:

So as long as one of the people in the family/friends has a RO reservation, fastpasses for everyone can be made at the 60 day mark?
Yes as long as the onsite person is grouped with the others when selecting FPs.

After the FPs are booked, you can rearrange the group members using Change Party.

I am arriving for my vacation on Sept. 25, staying off-site. My annual pass expires on Sept. 28. I plan to renew my annual pass while I am there. I have a resort reservation beginning Sept. 30. Can I make a fastpass reservation for Sept. 30? Assuming that my current pass expires two days earlier, is the only way to make a fastpass reservation for this date is to buy a voucher now?
Thanks, Karen

I am arriving for my vacation on Sept. 25, staying off-site. My annual pass expires on Sept. 28. I plan to renew my annual pass while I am there. I have a resort reservation beginning Sept. 30. Can I make a fastpass reservation for Sept. 30? Assuming that my current pass expires two days earlier, is the only way to make a fastpass reservation for this date is to buy a voucher now?
Thanks, Karen

You can renew your AP up to 60 days before it expires, and there's no discount or other benefit to waiting until you get there. So if you have the necessary $, renew it now or as soon as you can. You won't be able to make FP for Sept. 29 or 30 until you renew it. And, when your 60-day window opens for Sept. 30, it will open the FP window for your offsite dates as well, so another reason to renew now.

If I'm not allowed to ask this, then I apologize and please delete the post.

Someone recommended a website to me that will help develop a personalized touring plan for each park day. If you use it to develop a plan of attractions it will suggest the rides for which you should try to get FP or if you already have a FP time, you can enter it and it will leave that attraction at the schedule FP time and schedule everything else around it.

So my question is this:

Is it best to lay out a detailed touring plan for each day and attempt to get FP for the plan's suggested attractions, knowing that you may not be able to get the FP for the time you want (of course, trying for the hardest FP first). This would be assuming that the auto-generated plan "wait times" for non-FP attractions are hopefully correct.

OR

Is it best to make a list of all of our "must-do" attractions, rank them in order of hardest-to-least hardest to get, and go after them in that order, taking whatever time is available and then develop our touring plans for each day around the FP times?

Just trying to figure out our best strategy since my FP booking date is Thursday and I realize different people may have different opinions, just trying to get some guidance as a first-time to the FP booking. Plus trying to make 10 touring plans between now and Thursday is a little intimidating (a plan for myself/DD and a plan for DH/stepD for each park day, with a few attractions/activities showing up on both plans). It seems like it would be easier to just make a list of the attractions we want to see at each park and even that will take a little work, because I am breaking us into two groups for most FP with a few that the whole party are doing together. And I am having to make some assumptions on what DH/stepD want to do and balancing that with time together so our entire family vacation isn't spent apart, but my DD and me aren't going to want to do a lot of the bigger rides even though she is technically tall enough to ride most of them so we'll be hunting down characters or just having a ball exploring whatever park we are in and the little "distractions" like the splash area at Casey Jrs.

Also, I'm pretty sure you cannot get FP for a special viewing area for HEA, but can you get FP for Illuminations? I know that would have to be a day-of try to get it later kind of FP, but I didn't even know if it existed. We will have reserved seating for Fantasmic and ROL from dining packages.

Also, I'm pretty sure you cannot get FP for a special viewing area for HEA, but can you get FP for Illuminations? I know that would have to be a day-of try to get it later kind of FP, but I didn't even know if it existed. We will have reserved seating for Fantasmic and ROL from dining packages.

All current FP options are listed in Post #8. IllumiNations is an FP, HEA is not.

If I'm not allowed to ask this, then I apologize and please delete the post.

Someone recommended a website to me that will help develop a personalized touring plan for each park day. If you use it to develop a plan of attractions it will suggest the rides for which you should try to get FP or if you already have a FP time, you can enter it and it will leave that attraction at the schedule FP time and schedule everything else around it.

So my question is this:

Is it best to lay out a detailed touring plan for each day and attempt to get FP for the plan's suggested attractions, knowing that you may not be able to get the FP for the time you want (of course, trying for the hardest FP first). This would be assuming that the auto-generated plan "wait times" for non-FP attractions are hopefully correct.

OR

Is it best to make a list of all of our "must-do" attractions, rank them in order of hardest-to-least hardest to get, and go after them in that order, taking whatever time is available and then develop our touring plans for each day around the FP times?

Just trying to figure out our best strategy since my FP booking date is Thursday and I realize different people may have different opinions, just trying to get some guidance as a first-time to the FP booking. Plus trying to make 10 touring plans between now and Thursday is a little intimidating (a plan for myself/DD and a plan for DH/stepD for each park day, with a few attractions/activities showing up on both plans). It seems like it would be easier to just make a list of the attractions we want to see at each park and even that will take a little work, because I am breaking us into two groups for most FP with a few that the whole party are doing together. And I am having to make some assumptions on what DH/stepD want to do and balancing that with time together so our entire family vacation isn't spent apart, but my DD and me aren't going to want to do a lot of the bigger rides even though she is technically tall enough to ride most of them so we'll be hunting down characters or just having a ball exploring whatever park we are in and the little "distractions" like the splash area at Casey Jrs.
I'd book the FPs you've already discussed here in this thread. After booking your FPs, go to Touring Plans and read through the "free offerings" and see if you want to pursue a plan there.

You don't have to have a Touring plan prior to booking your FPs. The 3 booked FPs give you an idea of what your base plan will be for that specific day.

I'd book the FPs you've already discussed here in this thread. After booking your FPs, go to Touring Plans and read through the "free offerings" and see if you want to pursue a plan there.

You don't have to have a Touring plan prior to booking your FPs. The 3 booked FPs give you an idea of what your base plan will be for that specific day.

Thanks, other than AK, I can't even remember what I've stated as a possible FP, lol. I'm going to have to go back and read my own posts. AK was the only park I recall having it all figured out.

Epcot will be difficult, because everything we want to ride is a Tier 1, so I guess I really will just go after FEA and fit in 2 more wherever just to get through them. Hopefully if we arrive by park opening we can knock out Soarin or Test Track right away. Not sure how DH/stepD will feel about single rider for Test Track, so they may have a wait there. Other than those three Tier 1s, we'll just be doing Nemo and looking around the aquarium area and hanging out in WS most of the day. It's our arrival day, though, and we will be leaving the park briefly to get checked in to the Poly, so that's ok that we aren't doing a ton there. Plus, we will have the F&W festival to amuse ourselves in the latter part of our day.

HS will probably be the least stressful park as there isn't too much we should need a FP for there, just the RnRC really. Then we'll probably do Star Tours or a stage show just to blow through the others. Not sure yet if stepD is going to be willing to ToT. Not much scares her, but she was hesitant when we were looking at attractions online.

Then, of course, MK which is a big free for all! I'll be booking rides for DH/stepD and character M&Gs for me/DD. The only thing we'll probably do as a family are ETwB and JC, maybe JotLM.

Thanks, all. I've already signed up on that website and even paid the fee so I can do the custom plans and have them request my room for me. I was just trying to figure out if it was best to do the touring plan first and get FP based on it as close to the times it suggests or just get FP for the hardest to get attractions that we want to see and then force the touring plan to plan around those times. I have a friend who has done the KTTW planning before and she said she likes to make the plan first and see what it suggests. So, I have a little homework for the next couple of nights if I do that.

We are going to a cheer event and will receive 3 day PH from the group (but not until we arrive). I want to book our fp at 60 days out though. If I purchase 2 day PH am I only able to book 2 days worth of fp? We are going to upgrade to ap's after arrival and save the extra tickets. I'm concerned about the ability to book 10 days of fp at 60 days out if I only have 2 days of PH on MDE though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter