fast pass question

adznyfan

Earning My Ears
hi

when we were at disneyland in august you could use fast passes anytime that day as long as the starting time had occured - can you still use fast passes anytime after their start time?

thanks

Yes, you can. Thankfully they haven't changed that unwritten policy (at least not written where guests can see it).

I was told by a CM at Soaring over California in DCA that they do follow the end time also. His explanation was that they needed to follow the window or else the fastpass line can get backed up and defeat the whole purpose. We were using a parent swap pass and fastpass to try and get 2 rides each before our window was up.

The CM must have been new or haivng a bad day.

From my personal expeariance and from countless posts here and on other boards I would say that the end time is not looked at. Being that fast passes are limited and do run out I don't see a back up being likley unless maybe if everyone showed up at the same time late in the evening.

There is no offical policy on this issue. And IMO the CM is well within there right to not allow you to use the FP past the end time of your window.

Now that said I have yet to be turned away, expect the time we were 2 mins early on their clock, it was 5 past according to my watch.

I often have used fastpasses after the window has come and gone. They have always allowed us to use them as long as it was past the beginning time.....as this seems to be an unwritten rule, I suppose it could change at any time.

I still stand by my opinion that if a CM told the poster that than he was having a bad or was new. I am sure disneyland would not like one CM deciding on his own how to handle this, and explaining the rules different then all the the other CM's.

The reason why Disneyland allows this is they know that with ride attractions breaking that there is a lot of things out of your control in making it back in that window.

It is a unofficial Policy and can change however I doubt you will ever see that happen.

Now that you mention a bad day, the CM was standing outside in a cold downpour at the time. He must have drawn the short straw and his buddies were inside. That would make me grumpy :furious:

Last August, I had an experience similar to DisQueen's, also at Soarin'.

We were four or five hours outside the window and when we presented the FPs the CM said, "you've got to be kidding me!" I acknowledged that we were really pushing it and offered to get in the regular line, but he waived us through after explaining that "if everyone did what I was doing" the FP line would get really backed up at the end of the day.

That makes sense! So, I'll always try to at least be close to the window from now on!

We were just at Disneyland last week, and used several fast passes past the times, sometimes you just get stuck in a line of a broken ride...or a ride has an extra long line...you just never know, we were Never questioned, as long as it was past the start time, they never once said anything, always smiled and sent us right in. And I have three small boys, we used fast passes constantly! We got our roger rabbit pass, then one other, usually space mountain, or buzz lightyear, then ran over to CA and got Grizzly river rapids and Soarin or one of the rides there... and then would head back to disneyland and use them and pick up two more and then use the California adv ones then get another one....if we stuck to a system, it worked out very well, and spent very little time in line, and more time on rides and the time in between was deciding which fast passes to get next and pin trading along the way and not just winding through the mazes of a long line that they would get bored with very quick and start fussing and crabbing at each other! I think we may of only used a couple in the actual hour window. Even if we would of tried, you just never know what will hold you up, we got stuck on the train, and that held us up, the roger rabbit ride shut down and took us a long time to get on, the shuttle buses got you back a little late......They have to know that things happen and you may not be able to get back during a 1 hour window.

How does the system know that you have used your fastpass? Been so long since I've been there I can't remember. But since I'm going in 26 days, I better figure it out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter