Fantasy 7-Night Western Caribbean Cruise 8/2/14 - 8/9/14

We booked Palo brunch for Sunday at 10:00 a.m.:) Is anyone else thinking about doing brunch:confused3

I think the Castaway Club greet is on that day but I would rather be at Palo's than chit chat with Officers and get Mickey Rice Krispy treats:rotfl:

We booked Palo brunch for Sunday at 10:00 a.m.:) Is anyone else thinking about doing brunch:confused3

I think the Castaway Club greet is on that day but I would rather be at Palo's than chit chat with Officers and get Mickey Rice Krispy treats:rotfl:

We are doing brunch on Sunday, too. I think we are going at 11.

Those Rice Krispy treats are tempting, though! :)

I've heard other groups have done a DIS meet on the first or second day of the cruise to meet up and get a group photo taken. Is this something we might want to do? If so, when?

We are doing brunch on Sunday, too. I think we are going at 11.

Those Rice Krispy treats are tempting, though! :)

I've heard other groups have done a DIS meet on the first or second day of the cruise to meet up and get a group photo taken. Is this something we might want to do? If so, when?

I vote for early afternoon on Sunday unless you think you will be too full to attend:rotfl:

We are doing brunch on Sunday, too. I think we are going at 11. Those Rice Krispy treats are tempting, though! :) I've heard other groups have done a DIS meet on the first or second day of the cruise to meet up and get a group photo taken. Is this something we might want to do? If so, when?
Is Palo for brunch better than Palo for dinner? We did dinner the last time.
DIS meet on Sunday afternoon works for us.

We are doing brunch on Sunday, too. I think we are going at 11. Those Rice Krispy treats are tempting, though! :) I've heard other groups have done a DIS meet on the first or second day of the cruise to meet up and get a group photo taken. Is this something we might want to do? If so, when?
We did Palo for dinner last time. Would you all recommend brunch instead of dinner?
I vote for early afternoon Sunday for DIS meet.

Sorry for the double post above. The internet at home is acting weird.
We just booked the other half of our vacation, 6 nights at WDW after the cruise. Our DD was 19 months old the last time we went to WDW. She remembers nothing, but has seen pictures. I am SOOOO excited about the whole trip. I would rather looking at dining reservations, excursions, and FE ideas than work on my project for my masters class due Monday. You all are a great distraction.

It sounds like there are at least 3 families staying there on Friday night. We can get our DIS party started early :)
We're also staying at the airport Hyatt on Friday night. But our flight won't get in until nearly 9pm, so we'll probably just head up to the room and call it a night.

We are a family of 5 and we used to rent a car to the port but after several bad experiences with Budget, we find peace in taking the shuttle. When you drive you have to pay the tolls, gas the car back up before turning it in, stand in line to drop the car off because most of the rental offices at the port don't have express dropoff, take a shuttle to the terminal and then go through security with the crowds.
We drove to port once, and only once. We'd had the car at WDW for a few days and thought we'd just drive on down ourselves. What a pain. Once we got to there, DH dropped me and the kids off then went to turn the car in. It took him forever to get back and the kids were quite antsy to board because the terminal was practically empty by the time he showed up. Never again!

Since we've never been on the Fantasy before, but we have done the Palo brunch on the Magic and Wonder, we've opted to try the Remy brunch instead. Anyone else?

Depending on the time, we'd love to meet up with everyone on Sunday. I have DS booked to for the Sports Package, and then DD is getting surprised with a trip to BBB before dinner since it's formal night.

Is Palo for brunch better than Palo for dinner? We did dinner the last time.
DIS meet on Sunday afternoon works for us.
DH and I had dinner in Palo once, a long time ago. We liked it well enough, but we enjoy dinner in the main dining rooms with the kids so we choose to go to brunch instead. I don't think you'll go wrong either way.

We did Palo for dinner last time. Would you all recommend brunch instead of dinner?
I vote for early afternoon Sunday for DIS meet.
I like early, like before 2:00.

DH and I had dinner in Palo once, a long time ago. We liked it well enough, but we enjoy dinner in the main dining rooms with the kids so we choose to go to brunch instead. I don't think you'll go wrong either way.
I hadn't actually considered brunch and that is a great idea. Then we won't miss out on any of the evening dinners with our daughter. Thanks!

Are you guys talking about the MCO Airport Hyatt? We are flying in on Friday and were trying to avoid renting a car and that seems like a good option, especially since some of you veterans are using it.

ETA: Now that I'm doing a little research, it looks like the transfer is more expensive that renting a car one-way with 6 of us. What do you guys recommend? If we drive ourselves or use a rental car service we can avoid going on the bus with loads of other passengers and seeing long check-in lines.

We are a party of six also, we had the transportation picked but have decided to rent cars each way. We are staying at WDW before so we will rent a car from them, we can be gone and on our way before the bus is scheduled to pick us up. This way we can stop at shops along the way to get some beverages, still arriving at the port before our scheduled pickup!! Then when we come back we will get cars also, so we can go to Kennedy Space center, because our flight home doesn't leave until 7pm...that is a long time to sit in an airport!!

HAPPY EASTER, fellow cruisers. I hope everyone has a great day!!!

momtomattandclare (Renee) do you have a favorite color??? :confused3 what about the DH???

joycsk (Joy) does Alison have a favorite color???

momtomattandclare (Renee) do you have a favorite color??? :confused3 what about the DH???

hmm, for me, fave color is green. For DH, probably black. Just tried to add this info on the google doc and it wouldn't let me.

Thanks, Teri!

hmm, for me, fave color is green. For DH, probably black. Just tried to add this info on the google doc and it wouldn't let me.

Thanks, Teri!

:cheer2:Thank you!! It helps with my arts and crafts project.

ALICE RUBY IN WONDER (Katie) :confused3 do you and your daughter have other favorite colors?? I see you have written down gold, but I am having trouble with my project in that color. THANK YOU.

:wave2: I am being a Pest, sorry. :sad:

Thanks, Teri!

Hi, Renee! There is a new link to the FE lists. I can't update post Number 1. I'll do a quick search to find the new link's post number. . .

I'd say orange for Alison - ANYTHING, really, except Pink. She's also fond of Black, but I'm trying to somewhat limit her goth tendencies. . .:rotfl:

Are you guys talking about the MCO Airport Hyatt? We are flying in on Friday and were trying to avoid renting a car and that seems like a good option, especially since some of you veterans are using it.

ETA: Now that I'm doing a little research, it looks like the transfer is more expensive that renting a car one-way with 6 of us. What do you guys recommend? If we drive ourselves or use a rental car service we can avoid going on the bus with loads of other passengers and seeing long check-in lines.

Hi, Cara. A few years back, our family of 6 took a private shuttle van from MCO to the port. I Really liked it. Unlike my Philly friend, we usually fly SW, and Disney still does not fully support Magical Express baggage with them, so I'd need to move my luggage either way.

Personally, I've found that it can be long and hot waiting for the bus to get full and for the driver to load people's luggage whose airlines don't work with DCL. By taking a private shuttle, we saved 30-40% over DCL prices and we are planning to do this again this summer.

Also, I did once arrive at port with ALL the busses coming from WDW and that was awful. By chartering your own van, you can control the timing more. We don't have our flights yet, so I haven't arranged van transport, but I'll let you know when I do.

As Joe said, though, I doubt that the hassle of renting your own van is worth it. In 2009, I _think_ we paid around $120 (??) - that may have included our tip - for the 6 of us one way, and at $20 pp, was a MUCH better deal that $35.

(I'm just now realizing that DCL hasn't changed that fee in quite a while!)

I'd say orange for Alison - ANYTHING, really, except Pink. She's also fond of Black, but I'm trying to somewhat limit her goth tendencies. . .:rotfl:

:dance3: Thanks, It is good to know about the pink!!!

Where do you get a private shuttle???

Hi, Renee! There is a new link to the FE lists. I can't update post Number 1. I'll do a quick search to find the new link's post number. . .

Hi Joy! If I'm reading right the new links are in post #496. I can see the doc, but I can't edit it to add in the fave color for me or DH. Probably not that big of a deal since everything else is accurate for us. :)

Hey guys! I know there were several of us who were interested in a private mixology class. I've added a second tab to the new Fish Extender sign-up to put names down so I can get a count of who would like to participate before I start collecting additional information. We need a minimum of 20 people to set up a private class, so I wanted to make sure we had enough participating before I collect reservation numbers, etc.

If you are interested (I think it would be the first sea day in the afternoon, but it will be based on Disney availability as well), please put your name and cabin number on the sheet.

We are in the double digits now, we're cruising soon!

:cheer2: party:

joycsk - I finally took the time to get my real cabin number and wanted to change that on the original sheet but am unable to. Would you mind making our cabin number 6152? And my son has found a love of Donald Duck on this last trip and that might be easier for anybody doing character stuff to find, so could you add the big D to Nolan's favorite characters? Sorry to add more work and if there is a way for me to do it, please let me know. I'm on a hunt for good FE gifts the kids and I can work on over summer break.:thumbsup2

We just finished our LAST Saturday School to make up all the snow days we had this year. So crazy. We book our excursions soon (hope something is left to choose from), hoping to do a massage, Palo brunch for our anniversary and thinking about a few shore excursions for our crew. I'm reading some cruise trip reports and it is really getting me excited!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter