Fantasy 7-Night Western Caribbean Cruise 8/2/14 - 8/9/14

We have nailed down our excursions and plans for the cruise - the days are starting to tick by much faster now. With the weather warming up, and kids' activities start to accelerate, I'm sure the time is going to start to fly by even faster.

My husband let me choose the vacation and pick stateroom, etc., on the condition that he pick the excursions. He went online on Friday and these are our plans:

August 3rd, Sea Day: Massage in the morning, Palo Brunch, Mixology mid-afternoon.

August 4th, Cozumel: Booked Nachi Cocum for the day, then take Bess to Bibbidi Bobbity Boutique to get sparkled up for her birthday dinner.

August 5th, Grand Cayman: Snuba Shipwreck Adventure and then plan to take it easy for the rest of the day

August 6th, Falmouth, Jamaica: Tranopy Mystic Mountain, then we are getting fancied up for Pirate Night

August 7th, Sea Day: Sports Simulator, Remy Dinner

August 8th, Castaway Cay: Cabana on the Family Beach

I can't believe most of the planning is done! All that's left is to put together the mixology class for the group. :)

We have nailed down our excursions and plans for the cruise - the days are starting to tick by much faster now. With the weather warming up, and kids' activities start to accelerate, I'm sure the time is going to start to fly by even faster.

My husband let me choose the vacation and pick stateroom, etc., on the condition that he pick the excursions. He went online on Friday and these are our plans:

August 3rd, Sea Day: Massage in the morning, Palo Brunch, Mixology mid-afternoon.

August 4th, Cozumel: Booked Nachi Cocum for the day, then take Bess to Bibbidi Bobbity Boutique to get sparkled up for her birthday dinner.

August 5th, Grand Cayman: Snuba Shipwreck Adventure and then plan to take it easy for the rest of the day

August 6th, Falmouth, Jamaica: Tranopy Mystic Mountain, then we are getting fancied up for Pirate Night

August 7th, Sea Day: Sports Simulator, Remy Dinner

August 8th, Castaway Cay: Cabana on the Family Beach

I can't believe most of the planning is done! All that's left is to put together the mixology class for the group. :)

Are their any Cabanas left on the family beach:confused3

Also have you picked your dining rotation yet:confused3

Are their any Cabanas left on the family beach:confused3

Also have you picked your dining rotation yet:confused3

There may be some held back, as some were not on the list either as available, nor taken. Looks like two are held. One on serenity bay and one for the family beach.

I haven't picked a rotation yet. Any suggestions?

Hi to everyone, we are on this cruise and I will celebrate my 50th birthday onboard, this is our 3rd Disney Cruise the other two were on the Magic in the Mediterannean, we are from just outside London in the UK and are combining the cruise with a week at Disneys Beach Club Resort before the cruise. My 11 year old daughter really is keen on the FE exchange having been intrigued as too seeing these hanging outside cabins on the Magic, however I have no idea how these FE exchanges work, how many gifts do you give out ?, is it ok to join the list ?

Hi there across the pond!! I have a daughter that will be just shy of 11 at the time of the cruise. She got really excited when I told her about a girl from England that she could meet. This is our first cruise and first FE as well. I am trying to do something for each person all be it small. You can also do a family thing if you want or just kids. It is really up to how you want to do it. Given you are flying over, I would keep it simple for sure.

If you don't mind sharing e-mail addresses, I am sure my daughter would love to have a new friend she could talk to from Europe. There is another girl that is the same age she has become e-mail buddies so it will be nice to have a friend or two on the boat before we set sail!

If we have an opportunity to meet, I would love to hear about your Mediterannean cruises. We have been talking about doing one of those.

Ok. Amazon has the vinyl pretty cheap. I already own transfer tape, so this should be very do-able. The only challenge I may face is making them "small enough". I can definitely make them less than 1", but I don't know if I can easily get down to, say, 1/2".

Thanks to yet ANOTHER snow day tomorrow, I'll play with some mock ups.

Do we want to sticker each side of the key holder, or will one sticker/person do?

P.S. Joe, I have NO doubt that you look Very handsome on formal night, rubber bracelet or not!

Long time no talk!!! I feel like all I have wanted to do is hibernate this winter!! Glad Spring has finally sprung for us. We definitely need to get together with the kids now that the weather is better and get to know each other! Your ideas sound awesome! I too will be all to happy to give some bucks towards your efforts!!

We are interested in participating: Olyvia (10), Tessa (8), Melyssa (43), John (43). Thanks!

We are interested in participating: Olyvia (10), Tessa (8), Melyssa (43), John (43). Thanks!

Oof! I've been derelict in my duty! We currently have 19 cabins listed. Our original plan had been to split off a second group once we had reached 15 cabins. (Once we had contemplated 20 cabins, but the consensus was that 15 seemed more manageable.)

I've created a copy of the Google Doc, and I'll see if I can add it to post number 1. Anyone who wishes to be a part of the second FE group is welcome to add his/her cabin to both lists.

My apologies, but I've been out of town and in preparing the end of the marking period, combined with the work-related travel, I've been at my wits' end.:scared1:

The Google Document is very large, and there are many questions over to the right. Please try to fill in as much as you can, as soon as you know.

Many thank yous!

Joy,

I think the original spreadsheet is now protected. You'll need to grant us access.

Alison

Who is going on the Fantasy, Western Caribbean - August 2, 2014?

Is anyone interested in doing a FE exchange?

Cruise Meet & Fish Extender Spreadsheet

Here is some info .......

When I use this link I only get to the second group for the FE. Is there something or somewhere I need to click to get to the first FE group list? I used to be able to bring it up via this link all the time. But now I don't see it.

Thanks!!

I THINK I've got it, now! This SHOULD be completely open. I tried to fix it on my phone, and failed.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtaccxsaKrT0dHR3ZDV5STJJQkVwYUtnTUxlWU42ZFE&usp=sharing

I only see the second group list. Is the first group list still out there too? If so, how do I get to it? Was going to get my list together for my FE gifts and start working.

BTW, thanks again for organizing this. Maybe when I'm not a rookie cruiser, I can manage one of these. You have been doing a great job!! A good teacher!!

Thanks!!

:cool1:I'mm Baaccckkk, did you miss me?? I took my printout of the FE list to organize myself, so I did do a little FE work, I will keep watching for it to appear here again for Group one!!! :confused3

I hope the link at the bottom will work. I needed to edit both groups and somehow ended up as the owner on each. Doh!:crazy2:

As of this moment, FE List 1 contains our original, agreed-upon 15 cabins. FE List 2 contains 4 cabins and growing. The consensus was to close all groups on June 30, 2014 so that members can prepare accordingly.

HTH!!!

https://docs.google.com/a/kohne.org...EyV2xMMTNfNEV0ajh3VDdYR2c&usp=drive_web#gid=0
I only see the second group list. Is the first group list still out there too? If so, how do I get to it? Was going to get my list together for my FE gifts and start working.

BTW, thanks again for organizing this. Maybe when I'm not a rookie cruiser, I can manage one of these. You have been doing a great job!! A good teacher!!

Thanks!!

https://docs.google.com/a/kohne.org...EyV2xMMTNfNEV0ajh3VDdYR2c&usp=drive_web#gid=0

Details, well let me start by saying, I don't know :confused3 the reputation that Carnival has on the East coast, but out here the 3 / 4 day cruises have the "booze cruise' reputation, which is NOT my thing. Did a 4 day last year with my cousin...HATED IT, the ship, the people, everything, UGH. My TA said to try a 7 day. So in November, I took my cousin on the Miracle for 7 days, had a GREAT time. So my choices for this time were this cruise or a Princess cruise that goes to San Francisco, Santa Barbara, Catalina Island and Ensenada, all places that I could :drive: drive to if I wanted.

Okay, so we went to Cabo San Lucas and an overnight in Puerto Vallarta with 3 sea days. We have been there several times, so I didn't even set my feet onto Mexican soil this trip. My husband took his Mom off the ship in both ports and walked around as she didn't want to do any excursions. One thing that I really like is that they have ALOT :dance3: of Trivia games throughout the day, we won 3 different times. :cheer2: General knowledge, decades, music, many different topics. Another favorite is the 24 hour ice cream / frozen yogurt station, YUMMMM, 3pm everyday is frozen treat time. Of course, there is after lunch and late snack times also. The weather was nice, :beach: a breeze kept the heat at a distance for awhile. The food was tasty, a lot better than what I cook at home!!! I didn't go to any of the shows because I had seen them in November, but my mother in law enjoyed them. It was my husbands first time on this cruise line, and he said he would do it again as a last minute type of vacation. It would never compare to DCL or our favorite non DCL ships, but for a quick convenient get away, it will work in a pinch!!

Just got an email from My Cruise Photos that our cruise itinerary is available for pre-purchase. Anybody do this in the past? Any advantage in pre-paying?

Just got an email from My Cruise Photos that our cruise itinerary is available for pre-purchase. Anybody do this in the past? Any advantage in pre-paying?

I haven't done this as my understanding is there is no discount in prepaying. Thus, although I tentatively plan to purchase the photo CD as I've done on our previous 2 cruises, I'd rather wait and make sure I'm satisfied with the pictures first.

I haven't done this as my understanding is there is no discount in prepaying. Thus, although I tentatively plan to purchase the photo CD as I've done on our previous 2 cruises, I'd rather wait and make sure I'm satisfied with the pictures first.
How does the photo CD work? Last time we did a Disney cruise, they were not available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter