Family changed plans on us, Need advice

dwelty

"God Bless 'em, let 'em pee"-Roy Disney
We have a family trip planned on November 15th thru the 22nd. (Returning on Thanksgiving Day). We booked months ago and are staying at SSR. We told my Brother and His wife we would take them Novenber 08. They just asked if they could go this year instead. I am fine with this, but when I called member services there is nothing avaliable anywhere. I was put on a waiting list, but I do not know what my chances are for the week prior to Thanksgiving. I said I would either take a Studio or a 1 bedroom. I also Booked a cash room at SSR as a backup. What do you think my chances are for my waitlist comming thru? Also, is there any strategy that can increase my chances? This is my first experience with waitlisting. Any help would be appreciated.

you need to expand - say any DVC resort at WDW for that week.

unless you only want them at SSR. I think with AKV opening up new villa, there might be chance there.

DVC member service took out some of your options. they don't call anymore. if they get the villa, it goes immediately to the first on the list. (that is something else they won't tell you how far on the list you are)

you could ask for days instead of the entire time. especially since you have a back up cash reservation.

but I really think you have a chance.

I'd bet your chances wouldn't be good. I wonder how long that waitlist already is. Tell your brother that unless he wants to pay for his room, he'll have to wait until 2008 and see what he says. Anyway he'd change his mind again if you did get the waitlist? And then you'd be stuck with a second reservation and no one to go?

We did ask for any resort, and said we would either take a 1 bedroom or studio. I have another question... ADR's. We booked at the 6 month window at all the popular places. I think it will be hard to get another reservation for 4 at those same times/places. My question is now that there are 11 of us, could the Grand Gathering people help us with this?

no - they can't do member using points only MS can do this.

but they can help with dinner reservations and other group functions.

I really think something at AKV might turn up. They are definitely ahead of their time table.

call at least once a week and see. I know waiting list - but my experience says to call too. at least until they get sick of you.

you might find a unit that just became availability (thru AKV) that wasn't a few minutes ago. I think the wait list is only done once or twice a day.

or you might tell your brother it is much too late and he will have to wait until 2008. Your decision. Tell him with DVC you need to know 11 months before hand.

Anyway he'd change his mind again if you did get the waitlist? And then you'd be stuck with a second reservation and no one to go?

Don't you know it.

Offer to get him a cash room with your 25% discount, but don't wait long to do it.

Sharing points.... a beautiful thought..., but often the root of insanity.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter