Fall/Fall Advantage 2009 interviews

I just finished my interview! It was quick, only 15 minutes, but I think it went well. I had down Merchandise, Attractions, and Main Entrance Operations. She asked me the Space Mountain question, what I would do if someone wanted something my store didn't have, and how I would promote a good atmosphere welcoming guests to the park. At the end she told me I should know by the end of February. Now we just have to wait and see!

Thats great! I hope you make it :D

Well I just had my interview. I feel pretty confident about how it went.

I found out that Disney doesn't allow you to cover a wrist tattoo with a watch, it has to be covered with make-up even when you wear a long sleeve shirt (which I will be required to wear). That limits the rolls I originally wanted (housekeeping and bell services) but said I am still ok for FSFB, QSFB and Hospitality.

The questions that I got were the following:
  • What would you do if you were working the front desk and the guests wanted a non-smoking, pool view room and there were non available?
  • Name a time when you had to multi-task to complete a job and how did it effect the end results of what you were trying to accomplish?
  • What do you feel are the main responsibilities of a seating hostess?
  • Name your best experience with a guest where they were given a great experience.
  • How do you feel about being trained on a computer reservation system?
  • How do you think you would handle having roommates of different cultures, religions and backgrounds?
Now will be the fun part...waiting 4 weeks or so to hear my results.

Well I just had my interview. I feel pretty confident about how it went.

I found out that Disney doesn't allow you to cover a wrist tattoo with a watch, it has to be covered with make-up even when you wear a long sleeve shirt (which I will be required to wear). That limits the rolls I originally wanted (housekeeping and bell services) but said I am still ok for FSFB, QSFB and Hospitality.

The questions that I got were the following:
  • What would you do if you were working the front desk and the guests wanted a non-smoking, pool view room and there were non available?
  • Name a time when you had to multi-task to complete a job and how did it effect the end results of what you were trying to accomplish?
  • What do you feel are the main responsibilities of a seating hostess?
  • Name your best experience with a guest where they were given a great experience.
  • How do you feel about being trained on a computer reservation system?
  • How do you think you would handle having roommates of different cultures, religions and backgrounds?
Now will be the fun part...waiting 4 weeks or so to hear my results.

Congratulations on finishing your interview! I applied for Hospitality, FSFB, and Houskeeping too! I hope we hear soon, I get so excited when I'm lying in bed that I can't sleep for at least an hour!:hyper:

Hey All!

I'm new to the DIS posting side but have been lurking for quite some time :) I had my interview for the CP today! I interviewed with Sally and she was wonderful! I applied for Vacation Planner, Attractions, Merchandise, and Hospitality. I felt VERY prepared after reading the boards so thanks to all of you wonderful people for your insights!:grouphug:

Now the waiting begins..... :)

Hey All!

I'm new to the DIS posting side but have been lurking for quite some time :) I had my interview for the CP today! I interviewed with Sally and she was wonderful! I applied for Vacation Planner, Attractions, Merchandise, and Hospitality. I felt VERY prepared after reading the boards so thanks to all of you wonderful people for your insights!:grouphug:

Now the waiting begins..... :)

Good luck! Can't wait to hear how you did! What are you most interested in?

Hi everyone!

I'm a loooooong time DIS lurker, but I just got off the phone with a my interviewer and thought it was about time I post! :)

I was much more nervous than I expected to be, but over all I think that it went well...except for a couple of technical malfunctions. There was such bad static on the line when she first called that she actually had to hang up and call back. I know it wasn't my phone because I tried three! But of course she said she could barely hear it. Then my boyfriend, who is interviewing tomorrow, forgot my time and called me to wish me luck, setting of my call waiting right in the middle of a question that I had to have her repeat....twice! UGH! :headache:

Anyway, after that it was smooth sailing. I answered most of the questions ok.
For my roles I gave her 8 I was interested in: hospitality, BBB hostess, Vacation Planner, FSFB, Merchandise, Transport, Attractions, and Character Attendent.

She started by asking if since she saw on my app that I'm a waitress if I would be interested in QSFB? I said no, and that in a food role I'd prefer full service locations.

She then told me they prefer students with hospitality experience and advantage applicants for Hospitality. I knew that from here though so I wasn't surprised. lol.

She asked me if I had experience doing hair on make up on children. I told her only in babysitting did I have that experience with children specifically , but that in high school I did musicals and cheerleading which involved doing a lot of hair and makeup. I also mentioned I did almost all my friends' makeup for prom. Lol. She seemed kind of receptive to all of that, but it's so hard to tell on the phone!

She asked me about multitasking (I think this was for FSFB ). I just talked about working as a waitress, handling lots of tables at a time. We didn't spend too much time here, which kind of surprised me because I have about 5 years hostess/waitress experience.

And then she asked me the out of stock item question for merchandising. I said something a long the lines of suggesting another store, calling other stores/parks, and giving them the Disney merchandising number so they could call and order it.

That's about it. Or what I can remember at least. I feel pretty good. The only major mistake I think I made was when she asked me "Why I was interested in the DCP" I didn't say BECAUSE I LOVE DISNEY!!!! haha. I was in such interview, professional mode, that I just rambled about career goals and taking my customer service skills to the next level. haha. oh well. It's done now, and now I just get to try to focus on regular life for the next 3-4 weeks while I wait for some news.

Thanks to everyone who shared their experiences before me. It helped me so much in preparing for my interview. Hope my experience can help someone too!

-Meg

Good luck! Can't wait to hear how you did! What are you most interested in?

Well, I put Vacation Planner first and think that would be an awesome role, but I'm also pretty excited about Hospitality. Really, any of the roles I listed would be great :) My interview went really well so I'm happy about that! Hopefully I get in! What roles are you looking into?

Well, I put Vacation Planner first and think that would be an awesome role, but I'm also pretty excited about Hospitality. Really, any of the roles I listed would be great :) My interview went really well so I'm happy about that! Hopefully I get in! What roles are you looking into?

Attractions and Hospitality, although I said I wouldn't horribly mind doing Merch, so I might get that. And I threw down Character Attendant & Photopass too.

Hey guys, I just found these boards, and let me just say how great it is reading everybody's feedback and advice! I'm interviewing on Wednesday, wish me luck! I'd say my top roles are Merchandise, Attractions, and Costuming. I'm open to others, of course, but those are my preferences!

I'm interviewing with Nancy, has anyone else interviewed with her?

Hey guys, I just found these boards, and let me just say how great it is reading everybody's feedback and advice! I'm interviewing on Wednesday, wish me luck! I'd say my top roles are Merchandise, Attractions, and Costuming. I'm open to others, of course, but those are my preferences!

Welcome to the DIS! :)

Good luck with your interview! I had Nancy for mine. She was really nice.

:welcome: to the Disboards! Good luck on your interview, and please let us know how it goes!!

I just got off the phone with Nancy, and I think it went really well! She was very easy to talk to, and she gave me positive feedback for my responses, so yay! The roles I gave her were Merchandise, FSFB, Attractions, Costuming, and Bell Services Dispatch (in that order).

For Merch, she asked me what I would do if an item were out-of-stock, and how we would handle a customer trying to return an item.
For FSFB she asked me what I thought a seating hostess's job consisted of, and whether or not I would be okay with using a computer reservation system.
For Attractions, she asked me how I felt about public speaking, and whether or not I'd be comfortable delivering lines over a mic.

And of course Space Mt.

My interview is tomorrow! But I don't know who my interviewer is...I'm excited but nervous...Does anyone know how the auditions work? Because I see the dates on the web site but how do we where to show up in said cities for the audition. Thanks!

how do we where to show up in said cities for the audition.

As they state on the site, they will post the specific dates, times, and locations when they are finalized. They have also included this information in their email newsletters in the past. I also believe that they email this directly to those who have already interviewed and said they wanted to audition in their interview (I'm not 100% on this last one, but it would make sense).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter