Extra occupancy price increase and Minnie Van = resort parking no longer a perk?

I'm seeing more special offers for offsite (DTD area) that forego the parking fees for dates I've been checking.

And we do both (eat offsite for typically better/cheaper food & visit other parks) :).

Still have our favorite onsite dining spots & are enticed more with current discounts offered to APH/DVC but we enjoy venturing outside the bubble.
We generally don't. I think the Magical Express was marketing genius. We often happily surrender ourselves to the bubble when we visit. But if they add parking and/or resort fees on top of those high room rates? I have no hesitation popping that bubble, getting a car, and moving offsite. And if we do that, we'll take the savings of eating offsite and likely visit Universal for the first time since 2004.

I call it my "If you give a mouse a cookie" theory. If this.... then that. It unleashes a lot of things if I forego the bubble.

I admit it's been a while since I was there as well. It certainly could have been construction. Middle Tennessee is full of that!

I know the permanent wall (I believe it's red brick) goes pretty much the length of the divide between the mall and the hotel, but there are plenty of breaks along the length.

Still, it wouldn't be totally shocking if they did wall it up, sad to say.

We saw Cars 3 there a few months ago and the wall looked the same as when we were there to see ICE. I'm pretty sure the walkway is still there.

And I agree that going to the Mills is the worst. Wish we had more theater options. Loved the one in Smyrna.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter