Everything PhotoPass & Memory Maker

I tried to post this in another thread but didn't get an answer....can Capture Your Moment only be booked at 60 days or 60+10? We've got an upcoming trip, and I've tried a few dry runs when the 60 days go live at midnight. I've seen availability at AK at 60 days, but nothing at MK, even refreshing immediately at midnight. Is it really selling out that fast, or those with booked resort stays getting the first shot at time slots?

I tried to post this in another thread but didn't get an answer....can Capture Your Moment only be booked at 60 days or 60+10? We've got an upcoming trip, and I've tried a few dry runs when the 60 days go live at midnight. I've seen availability at AK at 60 days, but nothing at MK, even refreshing immediately at midnight. Is it really selling out that fast, or those with booked resort stays getting the first shot at time slots?

sorry I have not been on in a bit. It is just like booking dining 60+ Length of trip ( I believe up to 10 days)

Are there a lot of photographers around recently? I see some older posts complaining about the lack of photographers.

This is our first trip in years that we don't have an AP. I am trying to decide if it is worth it to buy MM. I don't care about ride photos at all. I like the night shots and some of the new magic shots for the 50th look cool.

How much is just one photo purchase?

Are there a lot of photographers around recently? I see some older posts complaining about the lack of photographers.

This is our first trip in years that we don't have an AP. I am trying to decide if it is worth it to buy MM. I don't care about ride photos at all. I like the night shots and some of the new magic shots for the 50th look cool.

How much is just one photo purchase?

If you aren't really concerned about Magic Shots, give the photographer your phone/camera to take photos.

We are leaving Sat for a quick 2 day trip, I am not sure if I want the MM for both days or not, really depends on crowds/photopass availability and weather. Can I purchase it after for just 1 single day once I see photos or no? Like Sunday I think I will want it for my bday in Epcot and MK - but if we end up not stopping for photos, or only a few and they are awful (humid hair and sweat) I don't want to waste money.

How necessary are magic bands when using photo pass? Just read that some photos are synced via the magic bands. We will be staying at Swan & Dolphin soon and I was not planning on buying magic bands since for guests at S&D Magic Bands basically just functions as park tickets (no purchasing, room keys, etc.).

Should I reconsider that decision? If so, does everyone in the party need a magic bands? What would we miss by not having them?

How necessary are magic bands when using photo pass? Just read that some photos are synced via the magic bands. We will be staying at Swan & Dolphin soon and I was not planning on buying magic bands since for guests at S&D Magic Bands basically just functions as park tickets (no purchasing, room keys, etc.).

Should I reconsider that decision? If so, does everyone in the party need a magic bands? What would we miss by not having them?
MBs are useful for linking certain ride photos (SDD, SDMT, others I can’t remember) to your account, but as long as one person who’s connected via F&F to you or the owner of MM is wearing a MB on the ride, you’ll get them. You can also get them by enabling Bluetooth for your MDE account, although that didn’t work very well for us in June (don’t know if it’s improved since then).

Anyone used Memory Maker recently? Is it worth it??
ride boots with masks likely won’t be as fun but any other experiences you can actually get a pic of your face?
Anyone know if they still have photo booths around the parks? I think we hit one on the boardwalk and there was one in the gift shop of test track where we got a license for my son that was cool.
Trying to figure out if it’s worth it

I purchased memory maker for an upcoming trip. I'm trying to make sure that everyone in my friends and family group are all included. There's 5 total and I'm completely handling their bookings in my My Disney Experience. Looking at the first post, and in the Photopass faq, it says something about clicking update on their name in the family and friends section then checking a photopass option. Problem is, theres nothing like that there. I can change their name and birthdate and thats it. Are they automatically on my memory maker because I am handling their booking, or is there something else I need to do?

I purchased memory maker for an upcoming trip. I'm trying to make sure that everyone in my friends and family group are all included. There's 5 total and I'm completely handling their bookings in my My Disney Experience. Looking at the first post, and in the Photopass faq, it says something about clicking update on their name in the family and friends section then checking a photopass option. Problem is, theres nothing like that there. I can change their name and birthdate and thats it. Are they automatically on my memory maker because I am handling their booking, or is there something else I need to do?
You will always see photos for profiles that you manage. The photo share option only applies to "Connected' friends (those with their own MDE account).

I just got back from a 2 park day trip and decided the first day to purchase a single day MM and then see about the second, and I am extremely glad I did. The 2nd day there were few and far PhotoPass spots - HS was the typical 4 down the entrance and 1 by ToT but none in TSL. I was disappointed with how few there were outside SSE at night given how AMAZING it looks with the lights. Our first day the crowds in Epcot were slim in AM so we were able to take the time to hunt out the spots. MK was a zoo so photos were rushed

And it might be a dumb one! But it’s been a few years and I just don’t remember this part….When I choose the advance purchase ($169), it asks me “who will use the item(s)?” But I only seem to be able to designate one person. If I want my kids’ bands to register in rides without me, Dino need to add them here? Or does it link pics from anyone in my MDE traveling party automatically? I THINK that’s the case because I don’t remember this part, but just wanted to consult the experts first! TIA!

Choose one person for the ability to download and manage(probably you), but everyone who is set to share plans in your friends and family list will be able to have pictures and ride photos taken and they will appear in your account, even without you

Choose one person for the ability to download and manage(probably you), but everyone who is set to share plans in your friends and family list will be able to have pictures and ride photos taken and they will appear in your account, even without you
Thanks!! I hoped that was right; I just didn’t remember that screen! That’s my last “to-do” for our trip! Squeeeee!!

Does anyone know if I add Memory Maker to my AP after my trip if I'll have access to photos taken on our trip last week and will it be the AP price of $99? I've been trying to get through on the phone but have been on hold for over an hour and can't seem to find the answer to this specific question anywhere online or on the boards. It also won't let me add memory maker online without buying another AP for the AP cost (just the normal $160+). If I can't access those photos I'll just choose a few to buy and add memory maker at guest relations on our next visit. Thanks for any insight!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter