EPCOT makeover

Originally posted by Another Voice
There's another rumor that even wilder. Epcot would be completely broken apart. "Epcot" would be the current Future World - World Showcase would become a ticketed gate along the lines of a super-sized Pleasure Island.

I've got it!! They can build the Berlin Wall and split Germany down the middle. On one side, it can be very detailed and fun. The other side must be stark and bleak. Then they can put CMs with machine guns on either side. People who just came to dine in WS must enter through Checkpoint Charley from a parking lot behind Germany. If you ride anything in FW, you have to declare it and pay a full day's admission. If you lie, they will shoot you. And they have ways of making you talk....:crazy:

We're all missing the obvious. If Disney wants a WS only/after 4:00 pass all they have to do is make the FW attractions FP only after a certain time (issue standby FP if necessary). The computer already verfies that a valid ticket media is inserted. Is it really a problem if a WS person sneaks into the lesser attractions?

OK, back to the scenerio I envision happening:

11:00am: Epcot opens to park hoppers and one day passholders

4:00pm: Locals with the Disney Dining Experience or the after 4 pass can enter through new entrance at WS for dinner. There is no need for a gate between FW and WS because they couldn't really do much at Future World because at..........

5:00 or 6:00pm: Future World closes, park hopping vacationers who have been there or hopped from other parks move to the World Showcase area.

EXCEPT the e-rides (though I KNOW that I tried to ride Imagination ride after seven and was turned away) which park-hoppers can get a fastpass ride. (thank you Lewisc, good point)

9:00pm or later: Illuminations, Epcot closes.

So there: Locals can get an after 4 pass and eat without the need to change any existing hours at FW or put turnstyles in the middle of the park or worse, splitting it in two. And no one needs to wear wristbands. Unless you go with WEDWAY100's idea where it would go a little further up your arm
:earseek: I don't know, I can live with this. I don't have a problem with this schedule. If you can find a way to get locals in to eat that could only bring more cash to EPCOT and this way there is little for vacationers to give up.

oops! I was thinking WS hours (when I visit). 9:00am opening for EPCOT it is!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter