Entertainment Rate?

goofykids

Earning My Ears
Please tell me about Entertainment Rate, first time on this particular board today and I don't know what that is??? for $99 for Royal Pacific, I want to find out. We'll be going after 3 day cruise in November. Thanks:D

You can buy an Entertainment book that includes a plastic card thing that you can present to certain hotels, restaurants, car rental places, etc. and get decent discounts. I got mine on line at entertainment.com and it took about two weeks to get to me. I ordered the Orlando one ($40 with shipping and handling) so it would have the most useful references for my trip to WDW. They list all of the places you can use it. I think you can get it other places for less (you don't have to pay S&H) but I don't know where. You could try searching the Budget forum.

The $99 Entertainment rate is for standard view at the Royal Pacific Resort that opens at Universal this summer. Pool view is $110. The normal rates are around $150 or so. You can also get Entertainment discounts at the Hard Rock Hotel and Portofino Bay.

Hi

The entertainment rate is the dicount you get when you usethe entertainment book card (comes in the front of the entertainment book) I am using the book from NY (it doesn't matter what book you use) You do not need the card when you call for your reservation, but you will need it when you register. (Although to tell the truth I have never been asked for it) The first time I used this rate I just borrowed the card from my sister. There is no name on it, just a number. You can buy the entertainment book on line if necessary. I booked the Royal Pacific fro September for $99 for a standard. I think I saw $129 for garden. Hope this helps.

Peg

Thank you so much for the information. I will order the entertainment book and call asap. What a great rate. Thanks again:bounce: :bounce:

Call Loews first and make sure the entertainment rates are available for the dates you want. You can't always get the entertainment rates. If they are available for you, then go to
www.entertainment.com and order a book. We always get the one for our local area so we can use all the discounts at home. Also, a WARNING--- since you are going in November--the 2002 book expires November FIRST. You should wait until the 2003 book comes out so it will be valid.

Does anyone know when the 2003 entertainment book comes out ?I am trying to plan Dec.2002 trip and need to know if the book will be available for puchase before this month. Thanks

I always buy my book through a fundraiser for our school district,so I know they're out by September.

When you say it expires Nov 1st do you mean it is no longer valid on Nov 1st or it is good until Nov 2nd. I was just wondering because our last day at the RP is Nov 1st. Will they honor it?

We will be going to RP on Dec 3 so I need to wait for the new book to come out. I sent entertainment.com an email asking them when they will be available and they sent me one back within the hour saying that depending on where you live they could be out by September. I am also buying the Orlando book since we will be visitng a lot of restaurants and stuff while there. Remember: You don't need to have the book to call and ask for the rate. Call first! The website is offering $10 off the 2002 books to clear them out, but it does tell you that the books are good until 11/02/2002 so that would work for you. I'm so happy with my rate, I hope I don't have any problem getting the book and card in time! By the way-there are great discounts for rental cars as well as shopping and restaurants. We don't get out much while at home because of the kid's, so for us it was better to buy the Orlando book and use the restaurant, shopping and other discounts from that area. Plus that book is $5 cheaper than the Phoenix book! The hotels are in all the books so whichever one you get you can use the card at the hotels!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter