Emotions Running High

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sincerely apologize if it seems like I am not moderating threads to yours or anyone elae’s satisfaction. I am in a village in Spain (9 hour’s difference from where I live). I am visiting family and so haven’t had the opportunity to read all the threads for continuity. I only have small opportunities to grab my phone to respond to reported posts. As much as I care about this community, I don’t want to lose the opportunity to catch up and spend time with family.

I also want to get guidance from Corey so we are consistent, but I am not going to interrupt his time with his daughter who just had surgery and his family.

I am doing the best “I” can do to support the Disboards at this time. Some reports are obvious and easy to handle. Some reports are for the type of posts we are accused of overmoderating, and since I am not sure I don’t delete just because the person that reported the post thinks it should be (sorry for the long sentence).

I also do the best I can to treat everyone with respect, or at least civilly, and moderate with the intent to follow the guidelines.

I think clarity will come after Corey has shared his decisions with the moderating community so we better understand the path forward.

I hope you have amazing trip, despite this fiasco. Spain is so awesome!

I think my posting history these past couple weeks clearly show that I'm not someone who just wants the status quo or for things to be kept quiet.

That being said, right now ya'll really gotta relax. We have one WebMaster trying to vacation in Spain and Corey dealing with his daughter post-surgery and in a lot of pain. These boards and your comments aren't the priority right now. Your post is not that big a deal right now. Calm down and give these people grace, Corey in particular. He's the only real advocate we have for openness and honesty going forward. He's the sole reason one particular "master" isn't running around bashing and banning everyone through this chaos.

Give the dude a break right now as he deals with something that needs his immediate attention and investment, it really shouldn't need to be said. And let MaryJo enjoy Spain!

In a few days, the revolution can continue! But we gotta be a little more lenient right now.

Last edited:
We have one WebMaster trying to vacation in Spain and Corey dealing with his daughter post-surgery and in a lot of pain.
I completely agree but the reason why people are doing that is because they don't know. I only knew of Corey's daughter's surgery because of a different thread. How were people supposed to know about vacation plans? And that's not really any of our business anyhow, I wouldn't expect someone to let us know they are on vacation. I'd expect someone behind the scenes to take their place though. Unfortunately that may not be fully possible at this time while things behind the scenes are being worked on which compounds things.

No one is in a win-win situation. Posters are just responding to the continual inconsistency and inability to understand what's going on. That doesn't mean that there isn't a good valid reason for creating approval for threads or for someone to be away and not be able to stay completely on the up and up.

I think my posting history these past couple weeks clearly show that I'm not someone who just wants the status quo or for things to be kept quiet.

That being said, right now ya'll really gotta relax. We have one WebMaster trying to vacation in Spain and Corey dealing with his daughter post-surgery and in a lot of pain. These boards and your comments aren't the priority right now. Your post is not that big a deal right now. Calm down and give these people grace, Corey in particular. He's the only real advocate we have for openness and honesty going forward. He's the sole reason one particular "master" isn't running around bashing and banning everyone through this chaos.

Give the dude a break right now as he deals with something that needs his immediate attention and investment, it really shouldn't need to be said. And let MaryJo enjoy Spain!

In a few days, the revolution can continue! But we gotta be a little more lenient right now.

I agree but it’s crazy the rest of the team isn’t picking up the slack. They have said the Tuesday show will be off for awhile right? So Ryno and Erika have more time.

I am kinda disappointed the others haven’t volunteered to allow Corey and Mary Jo a 100% break which they both fully deserve. Many of us cover when co-workers are off, it’s part of life.

Last edited:

Presently, there exists inconsistency, and it's possible that I might only introduce more leniency exclusively to this forum. I'm uncertain at this point, but I intend to collaborate with the Moderators and seek candid feedback from a select group of long-time members. Consider this a stress test, as it provides valuable insights in many instances. My goal is to ensure that members do not feel threatened by anyone in a position of "power," and I also want to prevent our Moderators and Webmasters from being subjected to attacks. Direct your concerns to me directly, not them. Corey@disneyinfo.com

If I had left policies untouched, a significant portion of the threads discussing current events would have been deleted, leading to a wave of bans. Infractions would have been distributed as casually as handing out Mickey Mouse stickers. We could have faced allegations of "sweeping it under the rug" and being complicit in a culture that unquestionably requires change.

While I am facilitating a more open discussion on various topics to enhance transparency, I will promptly remove personal attacks, name-calling, and any attempts to circumvent the filter. This policy extends to quoting inappropriate comments as well.

Agree. I actually think that the threads in this sub-area have been well presented and far less controversial and inflammatory than, say, “discussions” about masks. Given the subject matter, this shows a high degree of self-restraint and self-policing. When a Doubting Thomas shows up, they are rebuffed with facts and in every instance the doubter has backed off or backed away. And when poorly received “jokes” are made about the subject matter, the collective displeasure is made known and amends are made. I’m actually quite amazed about how this has all unfolded and I don’t think tight moderation is necessary or warranted to prevent this from going “Off the Rails.”
I don't know, there was like a page and a half of two people going back and forth, insulting each other and saying, essentially, "I know I am, but what are you?" and it was annoying and childish and unproductive and really needed to be stopped. I was glad to see that gone.

Sayhello

Presently, there exists inconsistency, and it's possible that I might only introduce more leniency exclusively to this forum. I'm uncertain at this point, but I intend to collaborate with the Moderators and seek candid feedback from a select group of long-time members. Consider this a stress test, as it provides valuable insights in many instances. My goal is to ensure that members do not feel threatened by anyone in a position of "power," and I also want to prevent our Moderators and Webmasters from being subjected to attacks. Direct your concerns to me directly, not them. Corey@disneyinfo.com

If I had left policies untouched, a significant portion of the threads discussing current events would have been deleted, leading to a wave of bans. Infractions would have been distributed as casually as handing out Mickey Mouse stickers. We could have faced allegations of "sweeping it under the rug" and being complicit in a culture that unquestionably requires change.

While I am facilitating a more open discussion on various topics to enhance transparency, I will promptly remove personal attacks, name-calling, and any attempts to circumvent the filter. This policy extends to quoting inappropriate comments as well.
Sounds like a very level headed approach.

Agree. I actually think that the threads in this sub-area have been well presented and far less controversial and inflammatory than, say, “discussions” about masks. Given the subject matter, this shows a high degree of self-restraint and self-policing. When a Doubting Thomas shows up, they are rebuffed with facts and in every instance the doubter has backed off or backed away. And when poorly received “jokes” are made about the subject matter, the collective displeasure is made known and amends are made. I’m actually quite amazed about how this has all unfolded and I don’t think tight moderation is necessary or warranted to prevent this from going “Off the Rails.”
Yoda best….

I would like some of these Mickey Mouse stickers. TIA.

I agree but it’s crazy the rest of the team isn’t picking up the slack. They have said the Tuesday show will be off for awhile right? So Ryno and Erika have more time.

I am kinda disappointed the others haven’t volunteered to allow Corey and Mary Jo a 100% break which they both fully deserve. Many of us cover when co-workers are off, it’s part of life.
Exactly, why are these people expected to be working right now (paid or volunteer positions- I'm not clear if moderators are paid)? One should be on family sick leave and the other is on vacation. Shows how this business is being run if there's no one available to backfill these positions.

Exactly, why are these people expected to be working right now (paid or volunteer positions- I'm not clear if moderators are paid)? One should be on family sick leave and the other is on vacation. Shows how this business is being run if there's no one available to backfill these positions.
Moderators are not paid, but MaryJo is a WebMaster, not a Moderator. I do not know if the WebMasters are paid or not.

Sayhello

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter