Emotions Running High

Status
Not open for further replies.

WebmasterCorey

corey@disneyinfo.com
Administrator
I can see that emotions are running high within our community, as anticipated. This is evident from the passionate discussions and comments being shared. We're all navigating through a challenging period, but I want to emphasize that we should not see ourselves as victims in this situation. I want you to know that I genuinely understand the emotions you're experiencing, and I'm actively reading each and every comment and email.

In light of this, I've spoken with our Webmasters and Moderators and requested that we take a more lenient approach on the DIS Unplugged forum. I want to clarify that this isn't an invitation for chaos; rather, it's a temporary measure aimed at fostering a level of openness that we haven't experienced before. This approach will remain in place until I have the opportunity to assess the broader picture and reevaluate what strategies are effective and which ones aren't.

Posts containing personal attacks and filter violations will be deleted.

I understand that it's human nature to seek answers and perhaps point fingers in various directions, expecting a comprehensive account from all of us. However, it's important to acknowledge that we are constrained by legal limitations in terms of what we can share openly. While I share your desire for transparency, please know that our ability to provide a complete narrative may be restricted due to these legal considerations.

Your understanding and patience during this period of transition are greatly appreciated.

My email is corey@disneyinfo.com

Corey

https://www.disboards.com/threads/my-personal-statement.3926170/page-3#post-64969082

Last edited:
A word to Corey: Thank you , thank you, thank you.

A word to the Community: Don't abuse the trust and privilege that you have been given. (I said the same thing to my daughter when she was a teenager and we started giving her more "room to grow".)

Appreciate the continued messages and will continue to trust y’all will do what’s right.
However, if a certain webmaster isn’t stripped of her authority then that will just show me, and I’m sure many others, that nothing will or has changed on these boards.

Just having that webmaster lay low until it blows over to then come back with her same authoritative, anti semitic, name calling, demeaning attitude is not okay with me. It’s the same toxicity that we hear about PW. It’s the same toxicity we hear from countless old disboard mod and members of why they left disboards. I honestly think you should address this specific webmaster by name and let us know what if anything will be done. But that’s your prerogative.

Again, thank you Corey for how you’re handling this so far. I have faith you’ll do what’s right. And truly do appreciate your voice of reason.

Just having that webmaster lay low until it blows over to then come back with her same authoritative, anti semitic, name calling, demeaning attitude is not okay with me. It’s the same toxicity that we hear about PW. It’s the same toxicity we hear from countless old disboard mod and members of why they left disboards. I honestly think you should address this specific webmaster by name and let us know what if anything will be done. But that’s your prerogative.

I tend to agree. This individual has shown their true colors and its clear from their actions and behavior they do not have the temperament to adequately do the job fairly and impartially. The community is not going to heal until the poison is drawn from the wound.

If their heart is in the right place, they would just step down gracefully. Fostering goodwill means trusting those in a position of authority and in this specific case, regardless of the duration of time they choose to lay low, the damage is done and the image many people have in their head is permanent.

Corey,

Again, thank you for being as transparent and honest as you can be about all of this.

Many of us understand that there are things that cannot be discussed due to legal reasons.

As a community we would just like to see public messaging from those more closely affiliated with TheDisBoards as positive and uplifting for the community at large. What you have provided consistently hits the mark on that.

We shouldn’t be seeing a Webmaster being condescending or even calling out your user base.

This is an incredibly emotional time and everyone handles those situations in their own way.

Once again, I thank you for your openness and honesty and I hope you can build a better future for these Boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter