EK's pre trippie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emergency Kitten

Mouseketeer
Can't think of a clever title so this will have to do, for now!

Cast:
Me - Liz - 30something
Mr EK - Ben - 32

This will be our ninth (I think) trip to DLP. its our wedding anniversary (six years) on Sunday. We got engaged in the park and had part of our honeymoon there, and have been back every year on our anniversary, more or less.

We leave on Wednesday of this week (12th). I have to work in the morning (boo) but will be leaving the office at about 2.30 to go to St Pancras to meet Mr EK. From there, the Eurostar to Paris which is taking forever because of the go-slow.....we arrive 8.08pm. I'm lobbying for a cab, at that time of night, to take us to our hotel which is opposite the Pantheon. I'm hoping for a quick check in, drop our bags, then out again to walk down to the river for dinner in our favourite little cheapo bistro. Cheap red wine and checked tablecloths - fab.

Then, next morning, up early and check out. Breakfast in the cafe in the Place de la Sorbonne then jump on the tube to Chatelet to pick up the RER A train....and off to DLP!

I'm most looking forward to that magic moment where you get off the train and walk through bag check, down the path reading all the tiles with names on (and that we keep meaning to get for ourselves and never do!) and into the lobby of that marvellous hotel....

we hope to get there for nine am so we can check in and drop our bags off and everything before being ready to go into the park when it opens at 10. We'll no doubt do the traditional dance down main street, and head straight for the castle, its got to be done!

We are doing the walking tour on Thurs pm, which I am looking forward to as never done it before.

The weather report is terrible, but we are fully kitted up with coats and hats and gloves and scarves and boots, and actually I don't mind if it rains, it means less people!

Food: Lunch on Thurs - hotdogs at Caseys. still debating dinner on Thurs night - possibly Annettes, possibly Steakhouse, possibly Rainforest Cafe. Lunch on Fri - Blue Lagoon. Dinner Fri night - still not sure - poss Inventions. Lunch on Sat - big toasted sandwiches on Main Street. Dinner Sat night - California Grill.

Must-do rides:

All the big thrill ones, and then everything else!

Home again on Sunday night - back to work on Monday! Booooo.

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:
EK

Sounds like you will have a fantastic time, hope that the weather isn't too bad for you - invest in the thermals :)

Hope you have a great trip EK. Sounds like a great plan and love the food options, I'm dribbling just thinking of the Mushroom Croque Monsieur...mmmmmmmmm

Have a great time and we might even see you there - we arrive Friday evening until Sunday

Sounds like a great plan, looking forward to reading your trip report when you get back!:)

A lovely way to celebrate your anniversary:goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter